Arizona Charlie's Decatur
Ranked #184 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 18, 2011

always stayed several weeks in vegas,returned home today after the best week of our 4week stay,could not fault any staff member,food was good [note:icomplained about food on previous visit]

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tonythetiger_9

Reviewed June 30, 2011

There is not enough room to list all the things that went wrong with our stay at your hotel. I wish I could blame it on just one thing but the facility and staff can both take about 50-50 credit. The highlights of our most disappointing, not to mention frightening experience, would be when the elevators kept breaking down and one elevator constantly had an out or order sign on it. Sunday morning, the 26th of June, I was trying to get off the 2nd floor when again one of the elevators was out of order so I wait and wait and wait for the working one but it wouldn't come up so I try to take the stairs thinking this would be safer and I get locked in the stairwell. Being a claustrophobic, this experience was devastating to the point I broke down, shaking and crying. When the security got me out finally they acted like it was no big deal even though I was visually shaken. They also advised that we should still use the elevators even when they indicate they are broke down. That is insane!! I could not believe what I was hearing and just wanted to check out right then and there having been terrified and humiliated but this greedy hotel had already charged my card for the 3 days I was to stay. Smaller complaints compared to this one would be charging a per day charge for the damn coffee machine. Are you kidding me!?! I paid over 100.00 per night and they dare say there is a deposit for a rinky dink 4 cup coffee machine!?! Not even a Motel 8 would stoop so low. his hotel is very unsafe and not fit for guests. I have always been a gracious and appreciative guest no matter where I stay and your staff took advantage of that nature and treated me, my children and my elderly mother very rudely like we were bothering them and could care less about our stay. One final note: I'm still trying to understand how a small glass of orange juice can cost more than an entire breakfast. We are frequent travelers not fit for guests. I have always been a gracious and appreciative guest no matter where I stay and your staff took advantage of that nature and treated me, my children and my elderly mother very rudely like we were bothering them and could care less about our stay. One final note: I'm still trying to understand how a small glass of orange juice can cost more than an entire breakfast. We are frequent travelers,unfortunately we wiill not be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank 60DayTour
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I don't know where to begin. Let me start with the smell, It smelled like an ashtray....talk about second hand smoke They tried covering the smell in the no smoking section with this god awful smelling deodorizer....that was horrible.. The door to enter our room wouid not stay closed, I woke up with the door wide open. I called the front desk and they said the doors were like that...well I never knew a door to close an open back up on its own...it did that the whole 4days we were theyre. To top it off the tv did not work, it took them 2days bring in a new one.....Front desk was HORRIBLE so was room service...they didn't clean our room. That was just the hotel, the casino people were rude...no wonder it was like a ghost town.....they scared everyone off... REALLY NO JOKE THIS PLACE SUCKED!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank bonbon408
Reviewed February 22, 2011

My family and I travel to this hotel for a recent Soccer Tournament. While our car was in the valet's possession our cameras and other electronics were taken from our vehicle. Since their security cameras could not see someone in our vehicle at the exact time it was broken into, they would not insure the theft despite their negligence in leaving the car unlocked.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank deporter
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I booked this through Hotwire. It turned out to be a pretty good value.
Someone who's never been to Las Vegas before needs to understand this is no where near the strip. It's a good distance away. But because of that they can offer cheap rooms.
For the price I paid on Hotwire my room was quite nice. I had the maid throw away my toothpaste one day, but other than that no complaints.
The Hotwire listing indicated it had no Internet. It does but it's $13 a day more.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank DudePassingThrough
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This is a smaller hotel. All of the hotel staff was wonderful. When I arrived I was confused about the parking as one lot is shared with a shopping center. I asked the security guard on a bike and he said it depends which building your room is in. I explained that I was alone with my kids and did not want to be parking and walking all over so he said "follow me" and directed me to a coned spot that said "hotel registration parking." Check in was quick and friendly. Parked in their much bigger, nicer and better lit parking lot closest to our room. The room was very large as they are in older hotels. There was a sticky ring on something on the desk with a hair stuck to it. The bathroom floor lineoleum was full of years worth of stains and blemishes. Other than that, the room wasjust ok and the beds were a bit hard. The heater worked great which was good because of the cold spell.
Right down the elevator is a Subway and a Noble Roman's pizza which was great for the kids and I to get fed quickly. Later in the evening, my sister came and we went to the cafe which had great FOOD prices, including $3.99 steak and eggs. However I had no clue that our non-alcoholic drinks(coffee and soda) would be $2.50 each! But the food and service was good.
The casino is probably one of the smokiest I have ever been in as it is small and they must not have a ventilation system. Yes, other casinos are smokey too but they have some sort of ventilation to keep it somewhat cleared out. The poker room was disapppointing as they stopped waiting for players by 8:00 pm on a Thursday night! I could not play poker so I tried Bingo. The Bingo was nice and the staff and players were friendly. But people smoke like chimneys in there. The lady sitting near me won $1, 000!
The slots were very tight. Upstairs is a "non-smoking" slot area which is a joke because there are maybe a dozen machines plus about 3 dozen tournament only machines that you cannot use. Plus it is not enclosed so people smoke just outside the imaginary dividing line between smoking and non-smoking.
In the middle of the night, someone was in the hall sounding like he was trying to get someone to open the door of another room, like a jilted boyfriend. I called security and they said "oh, I see him. Will be right there." They must have cameras.Iit was quiet in no time. In the morning, people were driving their noisy cars in the street next to the side of the building next to our room, which woke me up. Check out was at 11:00 which was earlier than the 12:00 I am used to at other places but the front desk told me that they would print me up my reciept and it would be waiting for me, as it was.
The employees here are top-notch. They do the best with what they have. Yes, it does seem to be a locals place with people with quite a few seniors and hard smoking locals. There was only a small arcade for the kids and that is it. I will likely not stay here again as there are many choices in Vegas that would be better to take a family too, like Sam's Town with their bowling alley and 22 screen movie theater. But I was impressed with the staff at arizona Charlie's.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank akidcagal
AZCharlies, Marketing Coordinator at Arizona Charlie's Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

First, I want to thank you for your kind words about our staff. We do strive to have the best customer service in town, and it's such a pleasure for our employees to receive guest recognition.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at Arizona Charlie's Decatur. The issues you encountered are not a normal experiences for our guests, the condition in which you found your room does not meet our usual high standards for cleanliness. Also, the hotel manager would like to mention that we are been planning to remodel the Meadows Tower, which will include a total bathroom makeover and new pillow mattresses among other items. We hope to see this project come to fruition in the near future.

In your review you mentioned the casino was very smoky. I would like to invite you to check out our fully enclosed non-smoking room, located downstairs by the Naughty Ladies Saloon. Our non-smoking room features many favorite Las Vegas slots including two progressives with Double Double Bonus. Its is the only enclosed non-smoking room in Las Vegas!

Thank you for both your feedback and an opportunity to improve. We appreciate you taking the time in doing this review.

Arizona Charlie's Decatur

Reviewed October 25, 2010

The hotel is a bargain if you don't want to stay on the strip and pay 300 a night. Clean rooms.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends