“Pleasurable stay”

Hyatt Place Las Vegas
Ranked #69 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 4, 2009

As a travel agent, got a great rate and didn't want to say on "the strip", so this Hyatt was the answer. Unfortunately, it took us 1/2 hour to find the place after coming into LV north on I-15.
It is literally right across from UNLV..and with all the one-way streets, and Paradise Rd stopping, then starting up again = confusing; it is also just minutes from the LV airport, and hotel has a shuttle.
Room had separate "living room", but vanity area was open wide into bedroom area.
Refrigerator and USA Today delivered on weekdays. No restaurant, BUT best feature for me....the POOL. Gorgeous landscaping, not too deep.
Very comfy beds and pillows. Also, no fee for parking!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 22, 2009

1. The hotel is right under the flight plan of planes taking off from Las Vegas Airport and is very loud.

2. The hotel staff at check-in gave me my room card and did not explain the amenities of the hotel. (I've stayed at Hyatt Place before, so it wasn't a big deal for me. But it is unprofessional.)

3. Checkout took 25 minutes in line. And I was the 1st person in line. Totally unacceptable for there to be one person at checkout desk at 9AM. Granted, the woman being helped when I got the to desk had problems, but it could have been handled a lot better. (like to call a co-worker to help, asking the woman to wait while simple check-outs can occur...)

4. The room had an iron, but no ironing board.

Needless to say, I will not return.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Bad, unsafe area of Las Vegas. My car was broken into in the hotel parking, the GPS was stolen. Hotel was extremely experienced and cleaned the broken window glass quickly to hide the shame from the guests.

Security cameras are installed everywhere inside the hotel but none outside. If you worry about safety - stay away.

I had to waste a day of my trip and paying $200 to fix the window. The manager was apathetic - "there is nothing we can do.." "we are not responsible..."

Stay away, safety comes first!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronenwai
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I use to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel all the time. But sometimes when I couldn't get a room I would stay across the street at the Amerisuites. Mediocre at best and overpriced. BUT NOW! I booked through the Hyatt web site and they surprised me by booking me at the SAME PROPERTY UNDER A NEW NAME.

It was WAY WAY WAY BETTER! Everything. Rooms, lobby. Wood paneled and huge flat screen TV. Great Hyatt beds. I read some other reviews about airplane noise. Totally wasn't an issue. Yes they are near McCarron but it's muffled. And I was on the 5th floor.

I know my comments sound so good I must be a shill. I'm not. But I am very picky and was expecting another mediocre experience in Vegas hotel staying. I thought this place was perfect. Great service. There was a slow drain in my sink and the TV didn't get HD so they came up immediately and fixed it. There's free internet. Coffee in the room which I like. Huge fluffy pillows which I like. Kind of a suite layout. Living area and bedroom area.

Wish I could rag on something here. But can't. I'd look here first before going to any of those crappy casino/spa joints.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank ozbu
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I stayed here last weekend for one night on a Saturday and was familiar with the location as I frequent the Hard Rock Hotel and have also passed by the Hyatt Place on my way to the Vegas airport. Like almost all things in L.V., this is a much larger Hyatt Place than normal and it was pretty full from sports groups booked there (I think the S.D. State women's basketball team was one of the groups there). Seeing that, I was a bit nervous about room noise and the long lines for the complimentary breakfast but after requesting a quiet room, was surprised that it was a nice quiet corner room on the second floor. No noises from the other rooms around or above and the room was clean, well kept and comfortable (if you don't like firm beds then beware). As stated in some of the other posts, the only noise was from the airplanes overhead----having previously lived under a flight path, I think I was somewhat insulated from the noise but it is an issue to consider until they change the flight path.

The wait for the breakfast line was not too bad and while they had run out of a couple of things when I first got there, I was surprised at how quickly it was replenished (compared to some of the other Hyatt Places I've stayed at). Did not take advantage of the pool (which was outdoors and looked nice) or the exercise room (which was on the second floor). They have 2 internet stations by the breakfast area in addition to the free wi-fi throughout the hotel. Did not take advantage of the free airport shuttle as I had driven over (but this is a great feature for L.V.) nor the complimentary shuttle to Planet Hollywood as I was told you had to call for pickup. However, location across from the Hard Rock Hotel/Cafe is great and if you're a walker, a great selection of restaurants on their "Restaurant Row" on Flamingo Rd. is about 10 min walk away.

Overall, I was impressed with this hotel as I'm a frequent visitor to Vegas and I don't always stay or play on the Strip. If you're looking for Strip casinos or action or this is your first visit to L.V. you might want to pay extra for a strip casino. Otherwise, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Booked a room through Hotwire for around $50 USD/night. Hotel looks great. Rooms are big, with massive LCD TV , coffee maker and key-operated safe. Bathroom a little small. Modern interior decoration. Very clean. Free wi-fi with good signal. 2 computers and a printer are also available for use in the lobby.

Included breakfast was good. Bagels, bread, english muffins, cereal, fruit, yoghurt and Starbucks coffee and teas.

Location was ok. They provided a free shuttle to the strip (Planet Hollywood), which leaves at half past every hour. In order to return to the hotel, you need to call and book the shuttle. Definitely more fun to stay on the strip if you plan to have big days out. Also, there is a free airport shuttle. Plenty of restaurants around, as well as a laundromat and CVS pharmacy.

We weren't bothered at all by the noise of the aeroplanes as flights finish at midnight. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2009

As a travel arranger for our company I made this reservation directly on short notice due to all other hotels filled. My traveler attended a convention and this hotel was on the shuttle route. However, the staff was unaware of the timing or any information relative to the shuttle to get to/from the convention and kept referring to going to pick up the shuttle at another nearby hotel. Rooms a bit worn/dirty, and staff were just ok. Not a good choice for people expecting shuttle service for a convention.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business