“Consistently Good”

Ranked #68 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This Hyatt is just like the last Hyatt I stayed at. I like that. The decor is very similar, the rooms are nice and well equipped, the food is good, and the service is excellent. This particular Hyatt in Las Vegas is off the strip, it isn't attached to or associated with a casino, and it's very nice. It's within walking distance of the strip (although I'd only walk during daylight). It's close to nice restaurants, stores, and even casino's. I was here for business, and the catered lunch was very good. Breakfast is always free and quite substantial and tasty. I recommend this hotel, particularly if you're not into the normal flash of the strip.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceLV, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Place. We are a great retreat after a long day out on the town. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future visits with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my first time to write a review and share my experience about a hotel. I am a corporate travel agent for a big travel agency and take care of VIP travelers. I was able to get a travel agent rate and was pleased since my last trip to Vegas prior to this was in 1998. I am not a gambler and not having those noisy slot machines and smoke in the hotel lobby was great. I was more interested in experiencing going to an upscale buffet to pig out. Don't get me wrong, I am not fat at all. I was waiting for the hotel shuttle at the airport on arrival and accidentally tripped while trying to get into the bus. I am a klutz. I had bruises, cuts and scratches on my legs, knees, elbows, fingers and was limping as I got in to the lobby. Nick at the front desk offered to get some alcohol, cotton and band aid strips. I really appreciate his initiative without me asking for it. His thoughtfulness is something I won't forget and for that alone this hotel gets a 5-star rating in my books. With free shuttle to and from airport and the main strip, free breakfast,clean rooms, it was a wonderful stay and I didn't let my swollen ankle ruin the fun. Thanks to Nick . He deserves a raise or a promotion for excellent customer service and a friendly demeanor. Best regards and I hope to come back and recommend your hotel to friends and clients. By the way, the Bellagio dinner buffet was good at $42. I hope to come back soon and maybe try the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars or Wicked Spoon at Cosmopolitan.

Room Tip: I like the one overlooking the swimming pool from the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write about the level of service you received at our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service here at the Hyatt Place. Nick is a great employee and I will pass your kind words onto him and the team. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was disappointed with the service at this Hyatt. The staff were not friendly, we had a couple of rooms booked for several people and we had to re-explain this to 5 different people to get the correct rooms. I ordered food and the person at the front desk accused me of not paying, right after I had paid the person who just left the desk!

A group of us ordered food, it took almost 45 minutes to get our food. It appeared the front desk staff went back and forth to prepare food. The food was poor quality. I ordered nachos and they came with cheese sauce, which I would not expect for the price. We did not eat there again after that.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. I didn't mind being off the strip, I appreciated that it was quieter at night.

The pool was not very big, about 15 deck chairs. It was fine for adults and older kids. The breakfast was decent, a few hot items and yogurt, muffins, toast, coffee, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize your experience was less than satisfactory. We use all positive and negative feedback as a training tool to improve our service delivery. We hope you will give us another chance to leave a lasting impression.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were not greeted by the clerk ! she did not seem happy and Did not showed us our way to the elevators! room was fine , seemed cleaned but our linens had holes on them ! bathroom looked clean but smelled funny ! only four towels for 5 pp , had to call for more ! sofa bed was very uncomfortable ! Breakast way just ok ! I had seem better options at the Holiday Inn Express brand ! location is great a lots restaurants around! parking convenient and safe ! pool was small

• Stayed August 2013
HyattPlaceLV, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, all of your comments will be reviewed with the management team. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here from August 23-August 26 to drop my son off as he began classes at UNLV (which is right across the street). The free airport shuttle was great (particularly since we arrived close to midnight) and check-in was smooth. There is no room service (although the hotel did provide us with menus for nearby restaurants) and not even any vending machines (if you want candy or water or chips, you have to buy them at inflated prices from the front desk). The hotel does provide some food service which basically involves them heating up prepared foods and you going to pick them up at the front desk when they're ready. While that might work for some of their offerings, heating up a frozen hamburger does not make for a tasty option. The free breakfast was a nice touch, although fairly limited in its offerings. The room itself was spacious with a separate sitting area. Beds were comfortable and amenities were nice, although we couldn't seem to get the air conditioning (a very loud in-room unit) to achieve a happy medium - either it got way too cold or not cold enough. The staff was very responsive to any requests. Be warned, though, that the hotel is in the direct path of the final approach to the airport so there are planes flying overhead literally every 90 seconds and sometimes you hear them and sometimes you don't. Because of its proximity to my son's school, I may stay here again when I return to visit but it might take a better rate for me to do so.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

So it's not right on the strip, and a bit far to walk....but they do have a shuttle that will drop you off at the miracle mile right on the strip. It's quieter, cleaner, and probably cheaper than a lot of strip hotels. If your looking for the Vegas experience than book on the strip, but if you've done the Vegas thing and don't want to "live the strip 24/7" this is a great alternative. It is right behind the hofbruahaus which I have helped maintain with my beer funds....and right down the road from the hard rock. Continental breakfast is HOT and FREE, find that on the strip. I'm a fan!

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank annageez
I am a fan of your response! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We arrived into Vegas late at night and were just looking for one night to sleep before heading off to Death Valley the next day.
The hotel really is great value for money - only a short ride from the airport, room was clean and a good size, the free breakfast the next morning was excellent - great choice of freshly cooked food.
Downside - it's about a 15 minute walk up to the strip (although you can easily get a taxi) and also the cost of the water - small bottle bought at reception was $4!!!!!
But can highly recommend it if you're just needing somewhere easy to stay and a good price.

Room Tip: Book in advance so you get a great rate
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple