“Friendly, quiet, no-slots, non-smoking hotel, good for business trip”

Hyatt Place Las Vegas
Ranked #68 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Unpretentious hotel located ~3/4 mi from the Strip, typical of the franchise, but atypical of most S. Vegas hotels in that there's no gambling or smoking on-site. Lacks the flash of the big hotels but frankly I find them hollow & fake. Staff were friendly & helpful. I agree with JP that the property feels a bit well-used, but I was content to overlook those for the other benefits. Only downside is that it's located on one of the flght paths for airport, but quiet rumble of the fan in my room masked that noise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceLV, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we appreciate all of your feedback!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We wanted to stay within walking proximity to Hard Rock Hotel around New Year's since we were catching a couple of concerts at the Joint, and we knew there was a convenient mini strip mall right across the street w/ eating places & drugstore. In the past, we've stayed at a budget hotel in the same area, but Hyatt Place was just as affordable and MUCH better in quality. The breakfast provided a REALLY good selection (it's the first place I've seen offer breakfast sandwiches) considering it was complimentary and the shuttle to/from the airport and the strip was good as well; the shuttle times for the strip were limited, but I suppose it's because they need to be accessible for the airport runs. The shuttle driver (we saw 3, but he was the most frequent one, so I'm guessing he's the MAIN driver) was so nice, friendly and helpful; he obviously knew the area and events goings on because he gave everyone really good tips on where to go & what-not (and at one occasion, it was just a group who happened to be at Planet Hollywood drop-off, not even hotel guests). The front desk staff were always courteous and helpful from the moment we checked-in, to the moment we were rushing for the shuttle to take us to the airport and retrieve our bags from storage. I highly recommend Hyatt Place as a hotel to stay & relax when visiting Las Vegas and you want to avoid the traffic of the strip & Las Vegas casinos. The only downside I experienced was: 1) when the maintenance people found we were still in the room when they made their call, they never returned to clean up (usually, they do later on once it's empty), and 2) another shuttle driver (the MAIN driver was busy returning folks to the airport) on New Years Day who had the van going to the strip full said another van would leave in an hour, but he gave the wrong info; it turned out that was the only shuttle going to the strip that morning (so we had to take the taxi after waiting). But overall, I had a really nice stay for the price and I would return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the wonderfully detailed review! All comments will be shared with our staff and management team. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Let me start by stating that I do a considerable amount of travel and tend to stay at either Hyatt's or Hamptons. Although this Hyatt Place is good...it is not one of the better one's I have stayed in. Although Hyatt Places are normally 'cookie cutter' type hotels (all look the same) this one seems to be missing some of the 'home' atmosphere I have become use to at Hyatts. The staff, although nice...were not overly friendly. The hotel, whiile clean was definately not quiet. I was on the 5th floor for all three of my nights and for whaterver reason it seemed as though there were employees vacuming and carpet cleaning up until 6 or 7 each evening. The noises from the hallway just got a bit annoying at times! Furthermore, twice I had maintenance people knock once and enter my room (while I was in it) because of a 'maintenance call' I was supposed to have made. I informed both that I did not report any maintenance issues and did in the end engage the door guard to avoid anymore entries! Breakfast was very good and did meet my expectations of the Hyatt chain although for the life of me I cannot figure why the hotel does not provide coffee at all times thoughout the night in the lobby. They do have a coffee pot in each room but provide glass mugs which I (and many) refuse to drink out of (cleanliness factor). The location of the hotel if very good. Lots of places to eat and all well within walking distance...including the Hard Rock Cafe as well as a German eatery and a Subway sandwich shop. There is also a CVS very close.

Overall the hotel was alright...and I would stay here again but in my opinion it just needs to be 'tweaked' a little to move up into my expectations of Hyatt Places.

Room Tip: Keep away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank J P

Thank you for your feedback. I will present all items mentioned the management team and they will all be addressed. Again I appreciate your comments and hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

A friend and I stay on New Year's Eve this week. We were looking for an affordable room in close proximity to The Joint at The Hard Rock Hotel. We got a great deal on our room and were very pleased with how spacious it was. There is a separate living area complete with it's own sink and a big couch. The beds were more than comfortable. I slept very well after a night of New Year's Eve fun, and unfortunately slept through the complimentary breakfast in the morning.

We walked to the strip for brunch, which was about a 20 minute walk. It won't take more than 5 minutes to walk to the Hard Rock Hotel. There is also a shuttle that runs to the airport and to the strip. This hotel is a great value, but be warned that since it is so close to the airport, it can get a little noisy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our property.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a soccer team stay over the Thanksgiving Holiday, 4 nights and it was a great experience. The rooms were large and accommodated up to 4 boys to a room. The sales team is amazing in helping coordinate our stay. The staff is very friendly and willing to assist in any way possible. Especially the housekeeping staff, they were fantastic!!! Always providing a high level of customer service with a smile (whether it was towels, garbage or bedding). The complimentary breakfast was one of the better ones we have encountered. Location is very convenient, restaurants are close by and the strip is a little over a mile away. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HyattPlaceLV, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! We will share your feedback with our sales team and housekeeping department, and hope to host your team again on the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our family stayed here for a few days while in Vegas. It’s nice, great staff, good value. Smaller pool, but the kids played a most all day in the water any way. Good restaurants are just a short walk from here. And, the shuttle will take you to and from the Vegas strip all you want. Airport service too which is always a plus for me. My wife had to make an extended stay after we left. The hotel and staff were very helpful. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

great bedroom/living room suite setup, impeccably clean throughout rooms, lobby, dining area. Desk staff are too cool and pleasant without any sign of being fake. If being on a flight path from the airport bothers you, that could be perceived as a negative. They'll call in to your room to let you know there is a pizza delivery/courier/etc at the front desk and you can give permission to have them sent up-doesn't seem like a big thing, but how many times have you known that the person you just passed in a hallway doesn't have a room there but is looking to break into a room at the least? Really put Hyatt on my map for places to stay without having to worry about lopsided management.

Room Tip: If you're into planes, get a room overlooking the pool. Look out the window and every 50 seconds...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback! Next time you are in town for business we hope to host you again.