“Much Better than expected”
Review of Alexis Park Resort

Alexis Park Resort
Ranked #182 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
California
“Much Better than expected”
Reviewed November 20, 2005

After reading some bad posts in here I was a little hesitant as to how this hotel was. Overall my experience was good, yes the outside of the hotel doesnt look great, but once we stepped in our room I was shocked to see that it was better than expected. We had the crown suite, it had a mini living room with a sofa bed, also a sink, a small coffee maker, a mini fridge, a closet and a restroom, upstairs it had the huge bed, and it was not uncomfortable, the shower was fine, this was my only problem very low pressure on the shower. In regards to the strip it is a little far if you walk, but in the car it's probably less than 5 minutes from the strip. The room was spotless when we got there and the maids cleaned it very well in this hotel. Parking was very convenient, that way you park right across your room. Overall, this was a good hotel, clean rooms, comfortble beds, close to the strip. I would not hesitate to come back to this hotel.

Stayed November 2005
6 Thank lore222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Czech first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 2, 2005

How this place could ever get a good review is beyond me. The entire property smells potently like a cattle farm. I assume they just fertilized the grass, but come on people, cow manure? It is also NOT safe here. I am a single female traveler and they put me in the building farthest from the lobby at the edge of the non-enclosed property where I had the privilege of being leered at by the construction workers at the property next door every time I went to my room. The bed feels exactly like the hide-a-bed on the circa 1975 couch my fiance refuses to discard. The shower has, for lack of a better word, weird goo around the drain. The hotel is on the approach path for airplanes landing at the airport so the building shakes about every 4 minutes as a huge 747 flies directly overhead. As I turned on the A/C unit over the desk, it exploded ice all over my laptop. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
9 Thank Nash37212

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed November 1, 2005

Recently stayed 4 nights at the Alexis Park Hotel ($75/night, try and get a suite for that price in Sin City). The hotel is directly across the street from the Hard Rock Hotel which is always fun to run into the musically inclined. We stayed in a standard Monarch Suite that has a large sitting area (living room) connected to the sleeping area. The space is nice to have people over, just make sure you pick up after yourself if you don't want your friends to see your unmentionables. Wet bar and fridge are good to keep snacks and cold drinks. Bed was a bit uncomfortable due to lack of padding. Electrical plug in the bathroom didn't work. The entire hotel complex is undergoing renovation, but we weren't bothered by it. If you don't need pampering and just want a good room at a great price then check out the Alexis Park.

3 Thank CalTravel17
Reviewed October 30, 2005

I wish I had read reviews about the Alexis Park *before* booking.

The place has a fabulous lobby and looks nice from the outside, but the rooms were atrocious. The first room we were given wasn't made up, smelled horrible, and there was a lot of dried blood on one of the pillows. We demanded another room, and were given one in much better condition, though the bed was squeaky, there were gaps in some of the multihued bathroom tilework, mystery stains on the sofa, and one dead cockroach.

On the plus side, it looked like the exterior had been recently painted and the pool areas looked clean.

All this for $180 a night.

This establishment advertises itself as a "resort" but should really be your last resort.

21 Thank E-TripCalifornia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 29, 2005

Two weeks ago my family had a huge birthday party for my cousin and I have to say that my experience at The ALEXIS was great. The front desk people have always been professional and prompt. The pools look good and parking is always available. The rooms are big. It is like staying at an apartment. I visit Vegas about five times each year and I have always enjoyed my stay there. It is the only place I will stay at.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chicago, IL
Reviewed October 24, 2005

I stayed at the Alexis for a conference last week. What a disaster! The entire resort is just *tired* -- looks like a 70s style motel that's been cheaply renovated. They're halfway done repainting the motel buildings into a terra cotta stucco faux finish, but it looks "faux" and the colors from building to building don't match.

The rooms were rehabbed, yet outdated. Some of the entryway tiles in my room were cracked and replaced with mismatched tiles. Other tiles were loose and would move when I stepped on them. The tiles around the shower were also "peeling" -- i didn't think that tiles peeled, but I never stayed at the Alexis before either - you learn something new everyday! :) Also, the remote controls for the TVs didn't work and one of the lightbulbs in one of the lamps were burnt out when I arrived.

The worst part of my stay was when the water main broke and there was no hot water in the entire resort. It was the same day as my checkout and I would expect that one member of the staff would apologize and/or ask me how my stay was -- nope -- the front desk just handed me a receipt, no questions asked or apologies given for the water problem.

This is definitely NOT a resort, it's an over-sized motel.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
12 Thank zandychicago_IL
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2005

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We drove all the way from Wyoming for my wife's sisters wedding. I was very glad to have been able to park our family van right by our hotel room. The room was much bigger than we expected and since we arrived ahead of schedule the font desk was very accomodating about checking us in a little early. One gal at the front desk (cant remember her name) was helpful in recommending where we should take our children for some fun.

I would like to thank the entire staff ESPECIALLY the housekeeper who kept our room so tidy.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member