“Moldy Tub and Refrigerator”
Review of Alexis Park Resort

Alexis Park Resort
Ranked #182 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Tucson, Arizona
“Moldy Tub and Refrigerator”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Upon walking into our room, we noticed the nice new carpet, small kitchenette and living area with tv and desk. All seemed okay until we entered the bathroom. The tub was in the worse condition I have ever seen. there was mold around all the edges, and the tub was chipped and needed desperate replacing or at the very least refinishing. We had to put a towel on the bottom of the tub to use it. When we opened the refrigerator, the freezer section had ice in it, which also was blackened . It, too resembled mold. It is unfortunate because we had a quiet upstairs room, at a discount rate.
Also, be aware that the soda machines around the property, steal your money, and you must go to front desk to get refund. The lines at the front desk check in were usually long and the wait both times we went up to the desk were over 15 minutes long.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cara2791
APMT, Director of Hotel Operations at Alexis Park Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
We are currently refinishing all of our bath tubs. The project started in late June and will be completed by mid September. I apologize that the room you stayed in had not yet been done. I have contacted the company that services our soda machines to make sure we are not currently having issues. Yes, it is true since we do not own them you would need to come to the Front Desk to receive a refund. Also, that lets us know there is an issue with the machines and we can contact them to come to the hotel and take care of the problem. As for the refrigerator that is not acceptable at all. I spoke with housekeeping to make sure they are checking them daily and if they need to be replaced to do so immediately. Thank you for your input and hope this answers your concerns.

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Czech first
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Our room was nice and housecleaning had been there (the bed was made..) but didn't clean up after the previous guest... Everything from their toiletries to their itinerary was still in the room.. Felt gross to be there! Collected a full trash bag of stuff... Used razor, bottles of 5 hour energy, used toothbrush, soap with hair on it in the shower, empty toilet paper roll still on the holder, stuff everywhere!! Would not stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Reynolk2
I don’t know where to begin. Obviously you were checked into a dirty room not a vacant clean one. This is not acceptable and I agree with you I would not have stayed in this room. Please give us a chance to make our mistake up to you when you return to Las Vegas in the future. Contact me directly so we can discuss your stay further. I hope to hear from you soon. Again, my sincere apology for what you experienced.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Seattle
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Alexis Park. We usually stay at the Hard Rock but the price was too high this time. Alexis was within walking (crawling) distance to the Hard Rock which we were comped concert tickets. We called the shuttle when we touched down and only had to wait 10 minutes for them to show up. My husband had made the reservations just a couple of days prior and talked with Brenda Lamison. Brenda was more than helpful. We asked for a room towards the front which they accommodated us. We relaxed in the pool one day and it was quiet with no little kids splashing us etc. The only small inconvenience and it wasn't the hotels fault was that there was a car that was having problems with the alarm system and the car alarm went off about 4 times during the night, which was parked right outside our door. Other than that I would go back and actually am going back this weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pamitha777
APMT, Direcor of Hotel Operations at Alexis Park Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about the pleasant experience you had during your recent stay at our hotel. It is rare someone takes the time to leave positive comments which we also use as positive feedback for our staff. We are thrilled your stay was a great one and that you were returning in a few weeks. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we can do for you on your next visit. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I chose this location because I wanted to stay in a family friendly hotel during my vegas trip. Its close to the strip. They have a shuttle. Good price. No resort fee. Restaurant and bar I thought perfect! Uh-no. This place creates inconvenience and stress. Shuttle is completely unreliable and is not guaranteed. Waited at airport for almost an hour because they only run at the top of the hour. Then the driver was also the front desk person. So because he didn't have anyone relieve him, we waited outside of the airport in the heat. Shuttle ends at 7:30pm. It's laughable! This is Vegas and it ends at 7:30!!! Complete joke of a "resort". And don't count on a taxi being readily available. They don't sit at this place like they do at every other single hotel in the area. Also found out that some taxis won't even come to their property to pick up. It was incredibly stressful trying to be somewhere like a vegas show on time. Bugs in the bathroom. Restaurant and bar were closed before 4pm because they had low occupancy. I could go on and on about how and why I will never ever stay there again. NEVER!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Yvonne H
My sincere apologies for your less than acceptable stay at our hotel. It is true our shuttle only runs on the hour to the airport. However, thanks to your comments we have now explained to the shuttle driver if there are few runs scheduled to simply go when the guests call not to have them wait. As for the taxi’s it is a challenge for all of the small resorts in town. I have addressed the bugs in the room with housekeeping and engineering. Being an outside entrance property has its challenges but not one anyone should encounter. Again, I wish I could make this up to you in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here using a Groupon. Never had any problems with booking groupon trips until this place. Could not find reservation, even had to show email from groupon and still took about an extra 20 min just to check in. Manager was hesitant in honoring the Groupon! Night manager is also rude. Room is decent, and I like that it's pet friendly, hence the 2nd star. Would not come back

Room Tip: Don't buy the groupon for this place, you risk them not honoring it or having difficulty just to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank RalphP818
Colorado
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at the Alexis Park instead of The Hard Rock this time around in Vegas. I wanted to stay someplace that I didn't have to walk all the way through the casino to go outside and sit in the pool. The location is great. I could get to my room at the Alexis in about the same time it took me to get to my room in the HRH tower the past 3 times I went. It was a lot hotter walk, but fine.

We has a 2 room two floor unit. It was really hot when we got there, especially in the loft room, but after maintenance came and we turned all AC units up to full it was fine.

There are no doors in the loft room, to the room or bathroom. The people staying upstairs felt like their room was very open, and not private.

We had caterpillar's in our bathroom, and there were spots on every wall.

The main bedroom had a bed in the middle of the room with a short wall behind it with a huge jacuzzi tub from the 70's. The tub was gross with pealing paint it. I'm sure it hasn't been used in 10 years. The shower is right next to the bed. Whoever showers is on display for the rest of the bedroom. I felt like it was the 70's. Gold trim everywhere. The actual toilet was in a small bathroom with a sink, and again, no doors!

The kitchen is totally unstocked. Not even a fork or glass or anything. You could rent utensils.

Every chair, barstool, or couch had stains on them. The carpets were so dirty your white socks would turn black after a few hours.

On our scheduled last full day we decided we didn't want to make the long drive to Colorado the next day so we went to the front desk to ask about staying for an extra day. The first time we tried the front desk was too busy so we talked to the employee "Jesus" at the the end of the Front desk. He thought it wouldn't be an issue to stay another day but we should come back and ask a front desk person, which he wasn't. We came back two more times and finally were able to talk to a front desk person. We didn't get a name unfortunately . She said not to worry about it. "Just call us before 10:30 am tomorrow morning and tell us you want to stay and we will take care of it."

Well 10:30am came and we called down to the front desk. They said we would have to get out of bed and come downstairs and stand in line, and give all new credit card information, and in general they wanted to make this added day not relaxing, which was the reason we wanted to stay. We had been on the road for two weeks and wanted to rest for a day.

The manager on Duty "Maria" was totally unreasonable. She had excuse after excuse. We had already spent 4 days there at $200 a day, and she was treating us like crap. We finally told her to forget it and rent the room to someone else. She had already ruined our day, and now we could pack all our stuff up in 102 degree weather and drive 11 hours instead of having a nice relaxing day at the pool.

I stopped on the way out to show Maria my pictures I would be posting on TripAdvisor. She asked why I hadn't complained about the uncleanliness before? My answer was because I could have dealt with it if she wasn't so unpleasant to us. I don't like to complain to the front desk. My girlfriend I was with is a front desk manager. She had never seen anyone treated like we were.

At that point Maria comped us one of our previous nights. Does that mean I should not post the pictures? Not a chance. We were treated like dirt by Maria. People should know what they are walking into.

One last comment. DO NOT PAY FOR INTERNET AT THE ALEXIS PARK!!!!!

The slowest connection I have ever seen and you have to pay for it. I teathered my cell phone and got 100% faster internet.

Room Tip: Stay as close to the front side of the hotel to be closer to the Hard Rock.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Coloartist1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Check in took an hour.
Front desk lady was not polite or accommodating.
Room was dirty and very dark. We left right after we saw the pool and room
Marihuana festival taking place. My daughter wanted a brownie. Scary......
The only pool that was open was a very old one located I. The very back of the hotel. Looked nothing like the picture. And needed cleaning.
Took a sip of the water from the water fountain and spit it out. It wasn't drinking water.
The place would be suitable if you're a a college kid w a bunch of buddies looking for a large cheap room to sleep in and not be there much

• Stayed July 2014