“Great rooms”

Ranked #182 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Mesa, Arizona
“Great rooms”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First let me start by saying I did not reserve or pay for this room. It was a free trip to Vegas for me. This hotel is not on the strip but is about 3 blocks away on Harmon accross the street from Hard Rock Hotel. It is not the location I would have picked but it's not bad. You could walk to the strip but it's a long walk and I wouldn't want to do it at night because there is a long section of street that is very dark. During the day I drove over to the strip and parked in the parking garage by Hard Rock Cafe for $3 for the whole day and walked the strip. At night I took a taxi to New York New York for $10.

This hotel does have a lounge/bar that I went to and the prices were not bad. I paid $5 for a Newcastle on draft and I ordered a Reuben sandwich which was really good. They also have a mini-mart where you can buy snacks and bottled drinks. I did not eat at the restaurant.

My room was huge. I had a room with a queen bed and a sofa bed in the living room. There was a bar with a kitchenette behind it with a good size fridge, microwave and coffee maker with a small sink. The room was very clean and in good shape except for a couple of small stains on the carpet but the carpet was very clean. Bathroom towels were nice and thick. Water pressure in the shower was ok but not great. Internet is $12.99 for 24 hours. Overall I liked this hotel. The rooms are great but probably wouldn't stay here again because I prefer to be right on the strip on the middle of things.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Angela L, Hotel Manager at Alexis Park Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We appreciate your input about our hotel and the amenities we offer. We do offer a complimentary shuttle and would love to welcome you back on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Czech first
evergreen, co
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I bought a Groupon discount for the Alexis Suites and having never been to Vegas before, wasn't sure of the location or how great the property would be. It worked out fantastically!!! We really liked that is a low rise style hotel and the pools were just out our door. No need to ride an elevator to the pools in our bathing suits. The rooms were all suites which gave lots of room to hang out in. Also they were clean and neat. We also appreciated that we could park right behind our building so we didn't have to search for our car in a huge parking garage. The location was good also, right across from the Hard Rock and if you're up for a bit of a walk, you can hoof it to the strip. We found that the normal rates without the Groupon discount weren't bad either. This proved to be a great introduction to Vegas!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic review. We appreciate all your positive comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed your first trip to Vegas and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Scottsdale
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The prices are cheap but you get what you pay for. This is an older hotel in need of a makeover. The rooms are large but drab. The staff was excellent. They were very friendly and attended promptly to all issues that we brought up. If your looking for a cheap place, its ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank aztraveler443
Thank you for your review, kind words about the staff and service. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back when you return to Las Vegas.
Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We rented the super king suite with roman tub! It was huge! really huge! It was ewly renovated and very clean. This suite was about 800-1000 square feet. The colours (turquoise) not exactly to y taste but with the pool being heated and RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR SUITE, we thought it perfect. The price was awesome too. 129 for the first night and 99 for the next. It is about a mile off the strip and as the title says...great value for the money!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our large rooms and great rates. The Super King Majestic is my favorite suite and I’m glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Alexis Park and were very pleased with this resort. Their suites are very nice and really affordable. Their pools are lovely. This is a non-gaming resorts, away from the noise of the main strip. Very relaxing. However, it is not too far from the Strip and they run a shuttle bus to the Strip on weekends. Check out their low rates. Would definitely reccommend Alexis Park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linnea M
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your excellent comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to your many returns.
Hondo, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2012

my only childs wedding and it was totally ruined by the inability of the staff to give all the information they should. we had come all the way from texas for this blessed event, all my relatives, including my 92 year old grandmother stayed up till 10:30 pm due to the time difference, to see, once again, MY ONLY CHILDS WEDDING!!!! only to be sadly disappointed because when we tried to live stream it the internet service, the front desk took the payment for, kept dropping the connection!!! so instead of just being able to let someone do the streaming while i enjoyed my daughters wedding, i missed the whole first half trying to fix the problem with the internet service!!! my family back here at home only got to see my grandson and i walk down the aisle and thats it....very disgusted!!! thankfully we had ordered a dvd copy of the wedding seeing that i basically missed out on the most important day of my daughters, MY ONLY CHILDS, life!!!! then we, go to get our big $12.99 back because its not the money, its the point that this was bs, and they call security on us because the heat got too hot. we persisted about the refund and were told we had to go thru the isp, why cant they give us back the $12.99 and they deal with the isp? then some guy comes outta the back like mr big stuff and tells us that if they had known we were gonna stream they would have told us we needed to upgrade to the business internet connection which is way more than $12.99, insinuating that we wouldnt be able to afford it. first of all they should tell people that and give then their options regardless, you shouldnt have to tell then a thing, there job is to give information, so give it, second we blew through $8,000 in 10 days there so i think we could afford it. we came prepared to have a good time no matter what the cost seeing that this was, yes once again folks, OUR ONLY DAUGHTERS, OUR ONLY CHILDS WEDDING DAY!!!!!! bottom line is very unprofessional people to try to blame us for their mistake and then to blow the whole thing off like it was NO BIG DEAL!!!! this shocked me beyond belief, obviously these people have no feelings or empathy at all!!!! ruined the whole reason for the trip in the first place, the very least they could have done was give us the refund for the internet service we never even used but apparently this was way too much to ask, which tells me they are so all about the money and taking peoples money that they dont care about anything else...not a very good reputation to have and i will make sure everyone knows!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mistie L

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Last weekend a young friend of mine had her wedding at the Alexis Park. What a nightmare! On the day of the wedding she was advised that due to a "conflict" her reception would have to be moved to another venue. (with 60 people coming from out of town) After many tears and a royal tongue lashing from a family member, they gave up and agreed to hold the reception at the Riviera Hotel which is about 3 miles up the Strip. Apparently there was another wedding scheduled (with more guests) and they were chosen to stay while our group was moved. How they could do this to a young couple on the happiest day of their life is unimaginable. Surely they knew they had a problem prior to the wedding day.
In all fairness, kudos to the Riviera for a great dinner and reception. The room was huge and could have easily held the larger party and I'm sure it was much nicer than the Alexis Park.
Bottom line, Do Not Book this hotel for your event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends