“My only childs wedding and no one gets to see it, heartbreaking!!!!”
Review of Alexis Park Resort

Alexis Park Resort
Ranked #183 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 31, 2012

my only childs wedding and it was totally ruined by the inability of the staff to give all the information they should. we had come all the way from texas for this blessed event, all my relatives, including my 92 year old grandmother stayed up till 10:30 pm due to the time difference, to see, once again, MY ONLY CHILDS WEDDING!!!! only to be sadly disappointed because when we tried to live stream it the internet service, the front desk took the payment for, kept dropping the connection!!! so instead of just being able to let someone do the streaming while i enjoyed my daughters wedding, i missed the whole first half trying to fix the problem with the internet service!!! my family back here at home only got to see my grandson and i walk down the aisle and thats it....very disgusted!!! thankfully we had ordered a dvd copy of the wedding seeing that i basically missed out on the most important day of my daughters, MY ONLY CHILDS, life!!!! then we, go to get our big $12.99 back because its not the money, its the point that this was bs, and they call security on us because the heat got too hot. we persisted about the refund and were told we had to go thru the isp, why cant they give us back the $12.99 and they deal with the isp? then some guy comes outta the back like mr big stuff and tells us that if they had known we were gonna stream they would have told us we needed to upgrade to the business internet connection which is way more than $12.99, insinuating that we wouldnt be able to afford it. first of all they should tell people that and give then their options regardless, you shouldnt have to tell then a thing, there job is to give information, so give it, second we blew through $8,000 in 10 days there so i think we could afford it. we came prepared to have a good time no matter what the cost seeing that this was, yes once again folks, OUR ONLY DAUGHTERS, OUR ONLY CHILDS WEDDING DAY!!!!!! bottom line is very unprofessional people to try to blame us for their mistake and then to blow the whole thing off like it was NO BIG DEAL!!!! this shocked me beyond belief, obviously these people have no feelings or empathy at all!!!! ruined the whole reason for the trip in the first place, the very least they could have done was give us the refund for the internet service we never even used but apparently this was way too much to ask, which tells me they are so all about the money and taking peoples money that they dont care about anything else...not a very good reputation to have and i will make sure everyone knows!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mistie L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Last weekend a young friend of mine had her wedding at the Alexis Park. What a nightmare! On the day of the wedding she was advised that due to a "conflict" her reception would have to be moved to another venue. (with 60 people coming from out of town) After many tears and a royal tongue lashing from a family member, they gave up and agreed to hold the reception at the Riviera Hotel which is about 3 miles up the Strip. Apparently there was another wedding scheduled (with more guests) and they were chosen to stay while our group was moved. How they could do this to a young couple on the happiest day of their life is unimaginable. Surely they knew they had a problem prior to the wedding day.
In all fairness, kudos to the Riviera for a great dinner and reception. The room was huge and could have easily held the larger party and I'm sure it was much nicer than the Alexis Park.
Bottom line, Do Not Book this hotel for your event.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank luv2bethere
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed in a crown loft suite for three nights. Very clean and spacious with kitchenette and two bathrooms. The only negative about this hotel is the distance to the strip, but not too far to walk. Nice to be across the street from the Hard Rock hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindy t
Angela L, Hotel Manager at Alexis Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and business. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Alexis Park bills itself as "the premiere all-suite, non-gaming resort in Las Vegas." That's not entirely true, because nothing about it is premiere, and the game here is to win one of the good rooms. For a number of years, I have attended an annual group event at this hotel. For this event, there's no other good option than to stay at the official host hotel. The property is aging, but it is being updated at a snail's pace, section by section, so the quality of the rooms varies wildly. If you you get one of the remodeled rooms, it's not half bad. But one time I was put in a ragged, old one, and had major issues with the management's attitude and ineptness. On the plus side, the suites are very large for the money, so it is sometimes a good value. If you are on a tight budget, it might be worth a gamble. That's what Vegas is all about, isn't it?

Room Tip: Odds of a remodeled room are more in your favor if you avoid the smaller "Monarch" rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Known2Roam

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your opinion. We apologize that you were displeased with your recent visit with us. I apologize that I personally did not get the opportunity to speak with you. When your travel plans return you to Las Vegas please contact Hotel Management at management@alexispark.com so that I can supervise your visit.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My now sister-in-law was SUPPOSE to get married here. The day of her wedding they contacted her and told her that they moved her wedding to another location. Her wedding was suppose to be an outside wedding and reception. They had several weddings going on every 30 minutes, never allowed an intimate setting.
Double booked her wedding and gave the other wedding the outside because they had more MONEY! So if the old mighty dollar is what talks then think about the reputation they are ruining! They never apologized to the bride and groom, not once! I was there the entire time.
They stated that the other party was larger and is the reason why our party was moved.
Our wedding was moved to the Rivera, the room was able to hold 150 people! Our party was 60 the other party was 120..hmmm Does this make sense?
The other party wanted an indoor only wedding and reception! this is what their contract stated
Our wedding contract was all out doors..
So the indoor only wedding party was all outdoors and my outside wedding was all indoors.
Does this make sense people!
Do not book here, ever.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debi O
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. I've been coming here for years and try to stay here if I'm in Vegas during weekdays. Its SUCH a great value. Weekend prices are pretty steep though, or perhaps if there's a big convention too.

I don't even know where to begin. I think the best part is that the whole environment (grounds and rooms) is so relaxing and calm after a day or night out on the strip. No loud casino floors, no boisterous partiers (well...at least I've never seen any). The inner property grounds are well kept. There are three pools throughout the inner courtyard, so you don't get one big overcrowded crazy pool. They aren't heated though, so in the spring or fall it may be a little too chilly even though the weather is still pretty nice. For hot Vegas summers though, its awesome. The rooms are beautiful. Even the most basic room has so much! I love having a refrigerator to store beer, soda, snacks, etc. Huge jetted bath tubs too.

Really good restaurants in the little strip mall on Harmon & Paradise...just a block or so away.

Its a little inconvenient if you're here without a rental car or your own car. Its quite a walk to get to the strip. But if you get a sudden urge to gamble or want some excitement or "sin", Hard Rock Casino is across the street...and for the guys, a gentlemen's club just a bit beyond Hard Rock.

My only complaints are that internet access (like all big hotels) is still way over priced. Is our society not yet so engrained in the internet that it can't yet be considered a standard hotel freebie like fresh towels, little soaps and free coffee? But the weekly room rate is so affordable, you could probably swing the internet access cost and still be ahead of the game compared to staying somwhere else. Which leads me to my second complaint...if you have T-mobile, don't think you can use the internet via smartphone or portable hot spot either. My cell signal while inside Alexis buildings is terrible. Its constantly switching from 4G to 2G to no signal at all...not even voice signal. I have no signal issues when I'm on Alexis grounds, so there's got to be some issue with the heavy outer walls or something. Not sure about other carriers.

All in all though, this is such a nice place to stay and really quite a steal on Sunday-Thursday, particularly on off-peak tourism seasons. If you are in Vegas during weekdays and/or off-peak times, you'd be really silly to stay anywhere else. I don't think you would even find such a nice place for such a great price if you bid super low on Priceline or Hotwire.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ajcloward

Thank you for taking the time to write a very detailed review. We are truly happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a great retreat after a long day out on the town. We appreciate your comments and on going business. We are looking forward to your many returns.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night at the end of a touring holiday. We arrived at 5pm and checked out at 4am!! Reception was fine and all the staff were very friendly. When we arrived and we drove round to our block, all the rooms are in two floor blocks off a central area with pools etc. It was well layed out. The rooms were FANTASTIC. Large seating area with eating area, coffee machine, fridge. The bedroom was great, very comfortable and a very pleasant bathroom with two doors! There was a jacuzzi, but we didn't get time to check it out. We were only there for a short time, but I did feel that it lacked a bit of atmosphere? Maybe there was more to the resort that we didn't see in our very brief visit. It is near to the airport but you wouldn't have noticed. We found it a good location, about 15 min walk from the strip. Nice and quiet. I must stress again that this review is based on only an 11 hour stay!!!! We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your feedback about our rooms, location, staff and service. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay.