24,387 results
All reviewsearl of sandwichthe spice market buffetthe pleasure pitpf changsheart barthe miracle mile shopsfountain viewyounger crowdtotal rewardsgreat location on the stripother hotelshuge bathrooman upgradestrip viewtable gamesself parkingtrip to vegas
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Without a doubt, the worst hotel experience of my life.

Never mind the rooms are extremely average, no fridge, bare essentials - the location is the only reason people stay here. I would have been ok with the hotel except for the robbery of my hotel room.

HOTEL ROOM ROBBERY & RESPONSE

On January 4th I left my room at 6:18pm for a business dinner & drinks. The door was secure and locked. There was a clear click.

I returned at 1am, nearly on the dot, to discover the room's door propped open by the extra locking clasp - CLEARLY not how I left it. I nervously pushed the door open, calling out "Hello?!?", truly hoping it was just maintenance for some bizarre reason. Sadly no, the room was empty, and my MacBook, iPad, Laptop Bag, Shaver (wtf steals a shaver?), and PASSPORT were all stolen.

I immediately called the Emergency number on the hotel room phone, security arrived ten minutes later. To say they were apathetic is as vast an understatement as can be made. I was informed that:

1) It would take 3 - 5 business days for them to complete their investigation.
2) They could review the history of the door locks, but could not share that information with ME, only with an outside "risk management agency".
3) I should not bother calling the police until AFTER 830am the following morning to file my report.
4) They would THEN determine IF the hotel was liable.
5) There is only ONE camera on the entire floor, only above the lift lobby.

Needless to say I got very little sleep that night, with a Blackberry that was on one bar of battery life (the charger was in my bag), and literally nothing else.

The following morning I went to breakfast, replaced my MacBook at Caesar's Palace, got a new BB charger, and then returned to the room to call the police. They arrived very quickly - within ten minutes - and were extremely helpful. They were stunned to discover the hotel security staff had told me to not bother calling until 8:30am.

I filed another report with the police, they called hotel security up to the room, gave them a piece of their mind, and left, giving me a number of ways to follow up on the investigation.

Over the next two days I proceeded to determine how I would be able to replace my passport in time for my flight back to Hong Kong. At one point it seemed that I would be forced to stay in the US until I could get a new passport, so I attempted to extend my stay at the hotel while I figured out a plan. The front desk manager then informed me that I would only be able to get a room at the Imperial Palace. For US$452 PER NIGHT. No matter that my room was burglarized.

"Sir I'm just the front desk manager. I manage the front desk. You need to call risk management."

So I tried to call risk management on three separate occasions, and not ONCE did I receive a response during my time AT the hotel. I received ONE message from the insurance adjuster on my hotel room voicemail, a Lisa Martinez, who told me to call her back, and then was NOT IN THE OFFICE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK.

It was not until I finally returned to Hong Kong the week following, with my newly replaced passport, that I received an email reply from Hayden Walker, their "risk management" person, stating that he had attempted to contact me, left a message at my hotel room (there were NO messages of ANY KIND outside of the insurance adjuster's sole message), and that he was offended that I would suggest Planet Hollywood was not taking the matter seriously.

How could I POSSIBLY think that. It's not like you'd passed the buck at every opportunity for SIX DAYS STRAIGHT, been unreachable, or had the gall to suggest I was even trying to scam them.

Planet Hollywood, I really enjoyed flying to Tucson, Arizona to get my passport replaced, spending US$200 on it, plus airfare, PLUS covering the loss of my MacBook, iPad, bag, BB charger, and having the knowledge for the rest of my stay there that my belongings were absolutely NOT secure.

Planet Hollywood, I really enjoyed having your staff treat my like they couldn't be bothered, that it was likely my fault (even though my colleague and I tested the door extensively after the robbery and cannot see ANY way that it could have been left open by accident - they are incredibly heavy doors), and, as your Hayden Walker put it:

"We provide the means for our guests to be safe, but it is up to our guests to use the safety devices that are made available."

Well guess what Planet Hollywood. I DID shut that door, I DID get robbed, and your staff treated my like absolute RUBBISH. The Las Vegas Metro Police who arrived on the scene told me that this is a quite common occurrence - the fact that you cannot deal with the situation is absolutely atrocious.

I will make it my mission to ensure that on all relevant websites everyone learns how your staff continually pass the buck and avoid assisting a stranded guest.

Sincerely disappointed,
Ben Condit
Case #21885
I

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
37  Thank BenCondit
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stay here every January for the Consumer Electornics Show (CES). It offers the Million Mile shops. It is a great hotel in a great location on the center of the strip adjacent to Paris and accross from the newest City Center (Cosmopolitan Hotels) and Bellagio Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Tony J
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I would stay here again! Our check in was easy, our room was clean. The beds and pillows were SUPER comfy! We had a problem with a cabinet in our room and someone came to fix it very quickly and he was really nice! I don't know where some of these other people who have negative things to say. You can't really stay center strip and get a better hotel for the price. We recieved room service that was great good food! We saw Peepshow it was a fun enthusiastic show! We had no problems with noise from anyone else or from outside. The bathroom was clean. The one thing I really didn't get is the shower door is clear so people couldn't be getting ready while someone was in the shower really... if you are modest that is.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank scoobydee7
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My husband and I decided to stay here to celebrate our fifth anniversary. We were able to get what we thought was a good deal, and the location was as close to perfect as possible. We waited close to an hour to check in, and the front desk girl was indifferent at best. I work in hotel management, and I understand that sometimes service is sacrificed in tourist cities. Cleanliness, however, should never be compromised. Our non smoking room was obviously smoked in. There are simple steps that can be taken to recover a room properly, unfortunately this didn't seem to be a priority. The lighting in the room was very poor, which became annoying. The only thing that made up for it was the amazing view of the Bellagio fountains.

Fast forward to the morning when things really went bad....after taking a shower before heading out for the day, I grabbed a bath towel to dry off. Imagine my surprise when a crackpipe fell out and broke on my foot. I can't even describe my disgust. I called and asked for a manager, and was told there were none working that day. Ha! I was transferred to security and told not to leave the room. After waiting 45 minutes for somebody to come take a "report", we then had to wait another hour for a new room. This new room was filthy. Stained bed linen, hair in the bathrom, fingerprints on the furniture and mirrors. Ewww. Eventually, we were comped one night. This was after 3 days of trying to contact somebody that would take my calls.

The deals and location make this a very tempting place to stay. I will not got back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jlrui2
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights at the Planet Hollywood in September 2010, to celebrate my birthday in Vegas. We had no problem at check in and were pleasantly surprised to be given a voucher for a free bottle of any spirit of our choice! Rooms were all huge, with great bathrooms (his and her sinks) and very clean. The only slight grumble with the rooms which a lot of other reviews say are the rooms are quite dark and not very well lit. The pool area was nice and clean. This hotel ticked all our boxes for our first time in Vegas and we had a great time.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends