Stayed at the Planet Hollywood for 2 nights before we were moving next door to the Paris for a further 5 nights. The reception area is really nice and away from the casino floor which is good as you don't have the issue with smokers piling up the smoke in a confined space.
Check in took 40 minutes which was completely ridiculous and they need to make it more efficient so you can get in your room and get to see what Vegas has to offer.
We opted for a high floor facing the strip and were placed on the 35th, centrally looking towards the new Cosmopolitan hotel. My only complaint was the state of the windows. They looked as if they had not been cleaned for a while which was a real disappointment when you have paid that bit extra for a better view. The sun was shining right into the room and it showed that the window was filthy, not allowing us to take any photographs. The room itself was ok, a large plasma TV and a small table with a few chairs here and there. The room was dark when the sun went in and the lighting was not the best but helped with a few good night sleeps.
The bathroom was excellent, a large deep bath and plenty of room for 2 people to get ready at the same time. It was clean and had all the usual amenities too.
Wifi in the room was $14 which is a money spinner......why can't it be free....its a necessity nowadays like a bed!!
The hotel itself was not as prestigious as the Bellagio or the Wynn but was OK considering it is an old building but they have made an effort with memorabilia which is what Planet Hollywood is all about!!
The Casino was OK, a bit confusing to get about but was lively and would prob suit a younger crowd!!
Overall I would recommended this hotel to the younger person, maybe a couple of even people on parties of any kind!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Vegas.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin