“Nice interior and location....Clean your windows!!”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #63 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Stayed at the Planet Hollywood for 2 nights before we were moving next door to the Paris for a further 5 nights. The reception area is really nice and away from the casino floor which is good as you don't have the issue with smokers piling up the smoke in a confined space.

Check in took 40 minutes which was completely ridiculous and they need to make it more efficient so you can get in your room and get to see what Vegas has to offer.

We opted for a high floor facing the strip and were placed on the 35th, centrally looking towards the new Cosmopolitan hotel. My only complaint was the state of the windows. They looked as if they had not been cleaned for a while which was a real disappointment when you have paid that bit extra for a better view. The sun was shining right into the room and it showed that the window was filthy, not allowing us to take any photographs. The room itself was ok, a large plasma TV and a small table with a few chairs here and there. The room was dark when the sun went in and the lighting was not the best but helped with a few good night sleeps.

The bathroom was excellent, a large deep bath and plenty of room for 2 people to get ready at the same time. It was clean and had all the usual amenities too.

Wifi in the room was $14 which is a money spinner......why can't it be free....its a necessity nowadays like a bed!!

The hotel itself was not as prestigious as the Bellagio or the Wynn but was OK considering it is an old building but they have made an effort with memorabilia which is what Planet Hollywood is all about!!

The Casino was OK, a bit confusing to get about but was lively and would prob suit a younger crowd!!

Overall I would recommended this hotel to the younger person, maybe a couple of even people on parties of any kind!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2010

Very nice room. Was assigned a roon with 2 queen beds with Bellagio fountain view coz of non-availability of a king beds. Nice firm matress.
Didn't use much of the hotel amenities.
But very good location, middle of the strip with view of the Paris towers and Bellagio.

Check-in took for ever though.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I took my husband to Vegas as a surprise for his 40th birthday. Was a bit unsure about this hotel at first because there are some negative reviews but I was more than happy when I got there. We waited about 20 minutes to check in so I would imagine in the peak times its very busy. The rooms were lovely, very retro all Hollywood Movie themed and ours was "In a League of Their Own". We had a lovely view of the strip on the 23rd floor. Room was cleaned every day and if you needed more coffee, etc or anything needed fixing it was done within 15 minutes. Hotel is in a great spot right in the middle of the strip and an ideal location.
I would say the casino here was one of the livliest, with tasteful dancers on tables and great music it had a fabulous atmosphere about it day and night.
The breakfast buffet at Spice Buffet Market is a must, good value for money and fills you for the day. Didn't get to try Earl of Sandwich as the queues were always huge.
We visited all the nice hotels, Bellagio Fountains are just beautiful and only over the road from Planet Hollywood. We went up the Eiffel Tower and Stratosphere at dusk which are a must as the views are spectacular. Sirens of TI show is also really good.
I could rave about Vegas and Planet Hollywood all day, apart from the much more expensive hotels such as the Bellagio and the Wynn I cannot think of a better hotel to stay in and would definitely be going back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wallasey_Chic
Reviewed December 6, 2010

So it was our first time in Vegas and we wanted to make it memorable. Staying at Planet Hollywood definately helped. We booked a room with a view of the Bellagio fountain. Was expecting it to be a tiny glimpse of it. We ended up getting a room on the top floor with a full view of the fountain. PH is central and so it was an easy walk for us. Parking was a breeze. I'm not sure why people think that its a long walk. I found it quick. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable it was also surprisingly quiet. The vibe of PH suited us perfectly and I liked how they had music playing. If I went back again I would definately stay at PH again.

I do have to add though, that I believe november to be a low season so perhaps we got lucky with the room. I also didn't like that the internet wasn't free.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I have been to Las Vegas 20+ times and this was my first stay at PLANET HOLLYWOOD. I choose it for the great rate and the location.

LOCATION - great location mid strip. Next to PARIS and across the street from BELLAGIO. Just a short walk to BALLYS to catch the monorail or to take the free shuttle bus to the RIO.

HOTEL - First impression, the lobby is located separate from the casino and it made it much easier to check in and get to my room without having to dodge gamblers while dragging my luggage. Check in (about 3pm) took probably 15 minutes. I was offered an upgrade to a strip view room for $50/nt. No thanks, for that price I could stay another night! Plenty of bars and restaurants. Starbucks on the casino level. The hotel is attached to a mall with lots of restaurants and shops, including ABC STORES which is great for inexpensive souvenirs and any forgotten items (as well as snacks and alcohol). I visited in November so I didn't get to see the pool. The hotel doesn't charge a "resort fee" which many of the hotels are now doing.

CASINO - lots of slots and tables, as expected. Loud music. Girls dancing on tables in the middle of the casino. Definitely a party atmosphere.

ROOM - descent size. Small window so not much natural light comes in. Tiny closet. Very comfortable beds. In room safe. Iron & ironing board. Free copy of OK MAGAZINE (entertainment/gossip magazine). The bathroom was large. Separate shower and huge soaking tub. Toilet in a separate room. Lots of counter space.

HOUSEKEEPING - horrible! My room was caked in dust and my bathroom sink was lined with soap scum. I had to make two requests for it to be cleaned. Our glasses were removed from the room after our first night and never replaced so we just brought some up from the bar.

STAFF - friendly and helpful.

VALET - always friendly. Quick, never waited more than 5 minutes.

I stayed at this location years ago when it was ALLADIN, I am happy to have returned now that it is PLANET HOLLYWOOD. I had a nice stay and would definitely stay here again. My only complaint is the housekeeping is practically non-existent. Once I had my room cleaned I was happy. It wasn't luxurious but I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I went with 3 hens to vegas, my first trip. this hotel was great. loved the shops attached. the koi bar was brilliant for a boogie and the cafe great for grub. as a group of girls we paid for very little drinks wise- we were 'special guests' everywhere we went. Went to see Cher too, awesome night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2010

My buddy and I stayed there for 5 nights. Regular room with two queen beds on the 27th floor looking east over the Miracle Mile shops. Everyone says the windows are small, and yes they are, but for me...not really a deal breaker. I wasn't facing the right way anyways and a bigger window wouldn't have changed my view. The beds were surprisingly comfy and the furniture was modernish, though the bathroom was still very Aladdinesque, notably the taps. The biggest complaint I've read from other reviews was the house keeping. I did have an incident with those big plastic eiffel tower drinks not agreeing with me after a long night of too much drinking and lets just say the toilet room (seperated from the rest of the bathroom) needed extra cleaning. The next morning I did my best to clean up floors and toilet and...walls, but with just soap and water. I was going to leave a big tip for the housekeeping for their troubles but discovered they don't do a thorough cleaning of the bathroom on a daily basis. In fact, a few days later when we left, there was still the same evidence from that one night. Please try not to judge me, it is Vegas after all. So I was a little disappointed by that, but I survived, though I'm also easy going and only selectively complain. Check-in was no problem, though after 5 days of being there I was still getting lost in the Casino and losing my way. On the whole though, next time I'll try another place for the sake of trying another hotel, but if I had to go back to PH, I would with no problems.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends