24,363 results
All reviewsearl of sandwichthe spice market buffetthe pleasure pitpf changsheart barthe miracle mile shopsfountain viewyounger crowdtotal rewardsgreat location on the stripother hotelshuge bathrooman upgradestrip viewtable gamesself parkingtrip to vegas
Reviewed June 2, 2007

I've just come back from 6 days in Vegas, during which we stayed at Planet Hollywood. The other couple in our party had a Resort Vista room, which was nice, whereas my husband and I upgraded to the Resort Room (which I actually preferred to the Resort Vista). To say I was a little apprehensive about booking this hotel in light of the less than favourable comments on this website regarding cleanliness & housekeeping, was an understatement. Our last two visits to Vegas have seen us staying in The Venetian and The Bellagio respectively (which both delivered truly superb housekeeping) but Expedia gave us such a good deal on Planet Hollywood that we decided to bite the bullet and book in.

My worries were completely alleviated as soon as we saw the rooms. They were spotless and remained so for the duration of our visit. The staff were super-friendly, check-in was quick and painless (as was check-out), room service was fast (under 15 mins for breakfast, under 30 mins for dinner late at night) and delicious, Planet Dailies has had a price increase since it morphed from the old Zanzibar Cafe but was still not too ridiculously priced and the Mezze Cafe scored ok also.

The gaming was good - especially to my husband. There were plenty of single deck, $10 blackjack tables day and night plus the slots seemed pretty loose to us. I didn't see any $5 blackjack tables this time - there were a few the last time I played at Planet Hollywood back in March. I'd also like to say that old Aladdin casino was never as busy when I visited it as it was during any of the times we passed through it or played in it this trip. The vibe was excellent, with a good mix of age groups.

The Miracle Mile mall was as good as we remembered, though we were disappointed to see Commanders Palace closed down. Cheeseburger At The Oasis is as consistently good as always - we didn't eat at any other places in this mall so I can't comment any further I'm afraid.

I have to say, we weren't bothered by the timeshare sales people during this trip. I can't say that this has been the case during previous vacations but on this one they said hi and left us alone... which was nice!

With regard to the renovation, we saw a teensy bit outside but absolutely nothing inside the property. We were in the North tower (8th floor), our travelling companions in the South tower (21st floor) and none of us saw anything or heard anything. Wait, I did pass two guys holding hard-hats on the escalator on the day we left but that's it.

All in all, we had a lovely time at Planet Hollywood and will gladly return. The food, staff, atmosphere, cleanliness, gaming and location were all great.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank madame_rouge
Reviewed May 30, 2007

My daughter and I stayed here May 13-18. We loved it.
We were on the 35th floor with a Paris and Bellegio view.
The slot machines were kind to both of us. We also won at the daily slot tournament. She won a key chain. But I won ticket to their show "Stomp Out Loud".
Everyone there was so nice and friendly.
The food at the buffet was great as always. We also ate at Planet Dailies. It was good and you get a lot of it.
We have been to Vegas 9 times and stayed at several different places. But this will be our home, unless they change.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TLL5Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2007

I read all the reviews leading up to my trip, which was from May 23rd thru May 27th. I must say...I was quite surprised and actually satisfied w/my stay. I have stayed at the Venetian, the Palms, the Rio, and a few other places. PH is probably my cheapest stay yet and I really didn't have much to complain about.

There was some construction going on, but there was construction going on up and down the strip...no bother to my party at all.

We requested a non-smoking room but were upgraded to a resort suite (smoking), which we took...thanks Dana! Glad we did...we were on the 7th floor overlooking the pool and you couldn't tell anybody had every smoked in the room and I hate the smell of smoke! If you are offered an upgrade, most definitely take it...it's 100 sq ft bigger than the deluxe room and you have 2 vanitiy mirrors in the bthrm, which helps getting ready faster. Oh btw, this room was not renovated yet, but was still nice and clean.

I had a great time. Lots of choices of food in the mall dwnstairs, as well as the cafe in the casino, Planet Dallies. I'd say the only complaint is that...it is true...there is little white stuff floating around in the pools. It kinda looks like little specks of a styrofoam cup, no biggie. Oh, and no waitress around neither, you have to walk down to the bar, but other than that...I think that PH has a lot of potential...and once complete...it will be off the hook!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank kaykay95
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We stayed at the Planet Hollywood right after it was changed from the Aladdin. We were upgraded to a pool/strip view. The room was large in comparison to other Vegas hotels we have stayed in. The location was great and in easy walking distance to many other hotels. The weather was not warm while we were there, so we did not use the pool. I did check it out and it was on the smaller side compared to other strip hotel pools. We ate at the buffet and found it to be above average compared to others we have tried. The staff was helpful with any concerns or questions we had. I would stay here again if we weren't interested in using the pool because all other amenities met our needs.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PrincessKila
Reviewed May 26, 2007

My boyfriend and I booked a stay during the Easter holiday. We had gotten a great deal as we were vacationing with another couple who are part of the gambling club at the hotel. We figured we would get an average room but because it was so cheap, we didn't care.
We were plesantly surprised to find we were staying in the best room we've had in Vegas for the best price. We had a wonderful hot tub, a large vanity area and an enormus bed and room. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we loved the mall located within (check out the Betty Page store. It's the only one in exsistance).
It's at a great location right on the strip and within walking distance of any of the other hotels you may wish to visit.

We hope to stay there again and look forward to when construction is completed.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple