Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
$600
$499
Venetian.com
  • Pool
Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$71
$65
Bally's Las Vegas
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$159
$169
$152
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$79
$64
Agoda.com
$22
  • Pool
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$625
$565
Hotelpower.com
22,888 results
All reviewsearl of sandwichthe spice market buffethollywood hip roomthe pleasure pitburgrpf changsheart barthe miracle mile shopsfountain viewyounger crowdgreat location on the striptotal rewardsother hotelshuge bathroomstrip viewtable gamesan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I don't usually write reviews but I jumped on TripAdvisor a lot before our trip so I would know what to expect, and let me tell you a lot of them made me nervous. Turns out we had an excellent stay, no issues with the room, cleaning staff, check-in, nothing! We arrived Friday morning around 10 and thought we'd test our luck with early check-in. Not only did we get a room but we got 4 rooms all on the same floor about 3 doors down from each other (very good when with a group of friends). I've tried this before at a different hotel and we were on opposite sides of the hotel!! Only 1 room was ready so we piled all our stuff into that room and headed for the pool. Pool was ok, not great, but worked for just hanging out and having a good time. Rooms were ready by 1pm. I didn't find any issues with cleanliness in our room and I'm pretty picky. We ate at many of the restaurants throughout the hotel-all of which were very good; Earl of Sandwich, Yolos, Planet Dailies (Banana Split!!!!!!), Buffet! Having the mall right there is the absolute best! I needed cough syrup and instead of buying it at the PH gift shop for $15 I went to ABC store in mall and got it for $10. Lots of great shopping to be had right at your doorstep! I will most definitely stay at this hotel again!! Staff was wonderful every time I needed anything from them and I made sure to tell them so. We stayed over Memorial weekend and it never felt overcrowded, I don't think we waited for an elevator for more than 2 minutes. I was never bombarded, not once, with Planet Hollywood Tower people looking for us to tour. Overall great stay and we'll be back!!!!!!! Thanks for a great weekend Planet Hollywood! I'm comparing this stay with MGM which is my favorite but a little too crowded so PH for me.

1  Thank Garv816
Reviewed June 4, 2010

What a great hotel, we had one room overlooking the Bellagio hotel with its wonderful fountains, and each room is furn ished with memoribillia form movies, ours was mousetrap. An unusual decor , but good fun!

We were on the 34th floor, and in a smoking room (i didn't know they still exsisted!). The staff were very friendly and efficient and the casino and restaurants were brilliant.

T|here are two pools ont he 6th floor with plenty of sunbeds, and some with misting sunbeds, which cool you down!!

If I stayed in Vegas again, I would definately recommend this hotel.

1  Thank birch22
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I love it, check the buffet promotion first, long line but it worth it. There is't to many space in the closet, so if you are more than 2 you have a little space for your dresses. There is an Starbucks close to the China Restaurant (delicious by the way). You can find more places to eat or drink in the mall beside the casino, some cheap stores. I recomend try the Buffet on the Paris (great place). If you are going to the XS in the Encore, try to dress Sexy-Formal, the people out there is not so gentle outside but inside is to diferent, 10 dolars per Corona and 12 per shoot ;D so cold the outside area, but enought space to walk around. I love LAS VEGAS expensive taxies but believe, if you don't take them, you should walk a lot, so try your best comfortable shoes ;D

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cynni
Reviewed June 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in May 2010.

We found that the reception area when we arrived wasnt too bad and we were checked in quickly. We were given a voucher for a bottle of liquor which we used as Vegas is expensive.
The room we stayed was on the 6th floor. The room is nothing special. It was themed for batman. There are a few bits to show this but i was thinking it would be a bit more themed as it was Vegas!!
The hotel itself is quite boring when you compare it to New York, New York and many of the others, this may be because its quite new.
It only has the Planet Hollywood shop showing what the hotel is about.
There is a shopping mall attached which was good for shopping.

Beware when you enter the Casino you get grabbed by the staff. They asked us about gambling and told us that we could get $75 or see Peep Show with Holly Maddision for $20. We thought that was because we were staying at the hotel. How wrong were we after being asked about how much we earn and jobs etc, we realised that they were trying to get us to go to their presentation about the Hollywood Towers. We tried hard to get out of this and the woman kept saying "oh you have to go otherwise i will have to get my boss to cancel the paperwork and you will loose $20!!" Needless to say we told her we werent interested and evenutally managed to sign the paperwork saying we had our $20 ( we hadnt actually given her this.)
We then hid everytime we saw the staff so we didnt get caught again.

The Casinos are good if you are into gambling but as we arent we didnt really spend too much time in it.

Its well located for both ends of the strip and before you know it you will have walked miles. Its great. If you can afford to then i would stay somewhere else if you want something a bit fancier. If you arent bothered about your room then you will love it.
Vegas is totally different to everywhere else we stayed. I didnt really like the Casions are they are very smokey and you can smell cigarettes, which isnt pleasant for non smokers.

Eating out wasnt too bad we found the Cheesecake Factory in Ceasars place was great value for money and the food was good. Didnt manage to try the cheesecake as the main course was too good!!

Alcohol is expensive and its weird seeing people drinking alcohol on the streets. There is O Sheas which is good value for money and well worth a visit. Its down near the Pink Flamingo.

We visited the Grand Canyon with a tour company on the street. It was brill and well worth doing.
We also went to see Peep Show which was also great. Not sleezy but good entertainment. The dancers both male and female were fab.

All in all Vegas is good but not somewhere I would rush back to. I dont think its a place for children due to the people drinking on the streets and the men outside the hotels with cards offering " Women to your room in 20 minutes!!"
Stag and hen do's will love it.
For british people its Blackpool with sunshine.

2  Thank wallacethedog
Reviewed June 3, 2010

As we learned during our stay at PH over Memorial Day weekend and by exploring the other resorts, each has its target demographic. PH is clearly aimed at young, hip, 20-somethings. Between the ads for Peepshow and the pole dancers in the section of the casino called the “Pleasure Pit”, it was very racy, which we might have found bothersome had we been traveling with kids. There were countless bachelor and bachelorette parties, few young couples, even fewer families with children, and almost no one over 50. Depending which of these categories you fit into, PH may be perfect for you.

The pros:
• Our room was clean and nice – medium-sized, with a comfortable king bed, view of the Bellagio fountains, Paris, etc., large bathroom and adequate closet / drawer space.
• Our package included a free bottle alcohol, of which there was a decent selection.
• Room-cleaning – at least trashes emptied, beds made, and towels replaced - occurred reliably each day.
• Window blinds kept out light for sleeping but could be raised to let in a lot of sun. There were multiple lamps in the room, so it wasn’t unbearably dark as some other reviewers have mentioned.
• Earl of Sandwich - The BEST sandwiches and very affordable! Definitely stop here for at least one of your meals!
• At no point were we bothered within the confines of the hotel by people selling discounted show tickets, timeshare meetings, etc., like we were when we walked the strip or even through the casinos at a few of the other resorts.
• The “Buffet of Buffets”, which is a 24-hour pass for unlimited trips to any of seven buffets at PH and its sister resorts, is a steal at $35pp. Prices per meal, purchased without the package, varied from $15 to $30. All the buffets we tried during our stay were quite good (Paris being our favorite).
• Unbeatable location – centrally located on the strip.
• “Us” and other local Vegas magazine complimentary in-room.
• Not a comment for the hotel, but there were plenty of shuttles at the airport, all with comparable prices of $6pp each way. We bought our round-trip shuttle tickets when we arrived in Vegas and called to arrange a time to return to the airport the day before we left – easy and convenient.

The cons:
• In the weeks before we arrived, I made nearly a dozen calls to request a cake or gift basket in the room for my husband’s birthday. Some calls went unanswered, or I’d be directed to someone who couldn’t help and told to call back. I finally had to contact Harrah’s corporate directly via email to get an answer. I honestly don’t understand how they could be so hard to reach, or so resistant to help.
• We rented a VIP cabana at the pool for the day – it was expensive but we’d accepted the cost since we wanted a laid back, luxurious way to celebrate my husband’s birthday. I could not believe it when I went to sign off on the final cost at the end of the day and they’d tacked on a “mandatory” 18% gratuity on the entire cost of the cabana! This had never been mentioned to me at any point prior, although I’d spoken to no fewer than three different PH pool / cabana representatives when making this arrangement. On the receipt, the cost of the rental was broken down between the cost of the alcohol / mixers (set price included in cabana “package”, not reflective of what we consumed) and the remainder being for the cabana rental itself. Note that the automatic gratuity they applied was not on the alcohol but on the entire rental price. I was livid and demanded that it be removed. They reduced it to 18% on the alcohol / service only which was still an exorbitant cost. To me, what they tried to get us to do would be equivalent to tipping housekeeping 18% on the entire cost of the room. What a HUGE turn-off, and quite possibly illegal.
• Have you noticed there are no pictures of the pool on the hotel website? It leaves a lot to be desired – there were two smallish pools in the pool area, with extremely limited lounge chair seating and very few umbrellas (2 or 3?). Most sunbathers / loungers were relegated to an enormous concrete patio between the two pools. That area might have done the job as a place to sunbathe but was not a remotely pleasant place to be – there was nothing “pretty” or attractive about that space, just lounge chairs scattered on a concrete platform. Further, the pool was not heated. Though it was in the mid-80s during the day, it was chilly enough at night and early in the morning that the pool remained too cold to swim in.
• Our room did not smell smoky, however all common spaces of the hotel, including the hallway directly outside our room, the elevators, etc., smelled of smoke. It got worse the closer you got to the casino, where it was very strong. Smoke in the casino was expected, but we didn’t expect to immediately smell it in the elevators, lobby, and hallways.
• There was music literally blaring in every area of the hotel except for the guest rooms. It was very loud in the casino, the lobby, the elevators, particularly at the pool, and even outside as you walked by the entrance to the hotel. We could hear the music from the pool inside our room on the 32nd floor late into the night at times, loud enough that it made it hard to sleep.
• We were there for a few days during a holiday weekend and the crowds were incredible once the weekend hit. One wait at the Spice Market Buffet within the PH resort was over an hour and a half long – it was surprising they weren’t handling the crowds better. Interestingly, when we were seated there was still a very long line behind us waiting to sit but we were surrounded by empty tables.
• This is minor but the provided toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion – were probably the worst quality I’ve ever tried. I highly recommend bringing your own.
• Our room did not have a mini fridge or a coffee pot.

Ultimately, when and if we return to Vegas we will definitely reserve at Paris or Bellagio, etc. Although we’re in our 20s, we’re just not quite hip enough for PH. :) If you are traveling with children, I absolutely would NOT recommend it.