Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$138
$138
$135
Venetian.com
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
MGMGrand.com
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$410
$189
Orbitz.com
$20
23,188 results
All reviewsearl of sandwichthe spice market buffethollywood hip roomthe pleasure pitburgrpf changsheart barthe miracle mile shopsfountain viewyounger crowdgreat location on the striptotal rewardsother hotelshuge bathroomstrip viewtable gamesan upgrade
Reviewed March 2, 2006

Just came back, stayed Feb 26 - March 2. Upon check in asked for the room with Bellagio view, but was told it is $30 extra per night. Decided to pay and was given a room on 28th floor with the direct view of Bellagio and Effel tower. Big room, huge bathroom, great view! Next morning I noticed a large construction crane right under my window. Went to complain to frontdesk, I paid for the view afterall. The clerk wasn't helpful, and only offered to move us to mountain view room with no refund. Asked for supervisor, who immediatly refunded us money that we paid for upgrade and let us keep the room. The crane was under the window for a very short time during the day, so really didn't bother us.

Overall, for the money, it is a great deal for a solid 4star hotel in a perfect location.

• Stayed: February 2006
15  Thank Dengt
Reviewed February 26, 2006

I stayed here recently on business so had little choice about where I was going to stay but I knew the minute I was told Aladdin I was going to just love it!

This of course IS a joke. I think this hotel is pretty well known for being crud.

The rooms in all hotels in Vegas, to be fair, are pretty standard. Large, dark, big beds, same view.

The carpets are tacky and vaguely sticky. The bed linen has a high polyester content. The bathrooms are REALLY dated, dark and hideous. Yuck . Nothing nice at all.

The hotel itself is dreary. Admittedly they seem to have realised and it has been sold to Planet Hollywood so there is a phoenix rising from the flames in 2007 apparently, but in the meantime they are charging you for business as usual despite the mess and the building works and the noise in the casino.

Despite hating the whole themed thing if it is over powering in Vegas, there is a distinct lack of any theme at all in this hotel. They have clearly given up on the place having any identity for a year until its Planet Hollywooded out. As a result the restaurants are the poorest, the shopping centre the crappiest and the casino desperate.

This hotel has very little going for it. Thank god its going. Stay here at your peril especially if you are actually paying!!!

13  Thank MrJ
Reviewed February 25, 2006

I have been to Vegas more times than I can remember, and quite honestly, I have never had a bad experience at any hotel. Las Vegas seems to understand the hospitality industry, and gives more than the customer expects. The Aladdin is no exception, and is a great value. We had a comfortable room, good food, polite customer service and some of the best casino employees that I have ever encountered. We went to the same black jack table every night because our dealer was so entertaining. He was polite, had great stories and knew his job. Even if we had a bad hotel room, which we didn't, I would still come back just because our experience in the casino was so good. The Aladdin is a great choice in Vegas and well worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2005
53  Thank Neese
Reviewed February 23, 2006

We arrived Feb 18, to attend a conference, and returned this morning from our trip to Vegas. We had a wonderful time. Our stay at the Aladdin Hotel was great. Check in was efficient and friendly, though right from the reception desk you could see changes and construction already in progress. We were upgraded to a room on the 37th floor overlooking the Bellagio fountain, the Eiffel tower and the Strip. What a view!! As long as you didn't look directly down where there was some work going on. We were never bothered by any noise from it. The location was central for getting to the conference at Mandalay Bay, seeing the Strip, or going downtown. "The Deuce" double decker bus was a convenient, inexpensive way to go anywhere we wanted to go. Shopping at the outlet mall at the south end of the Strip is a excellent place to get deals. Shopping at The Desert Passage was interesting and fun, but definitely more expensive. The Buffet at the Aladdin was wonderful but the most expensive on the Strip, that we saw, though it seemed to be the most extensive selection and the only one that included wine or champagne. The buffet at Circus Circus was dreadful - much more limited selection and barely above fast food quality, with a deafening noise level. The Golden Nugget on Fremont Street has an excellent buffet at a more reasonable price. The gondola ride and performers at the Venetian were enjoyable, as were some of the other attaction such as the Bellagio fountain, the Mirage volcano, the New York New York roller coaster. We are considering Christmas in Vegas, and would return to the Aladdin anytime. On previous trips, we have stayed at the Hilton, Riviera, Excalibur, and the Orleans - all very nice. My one question would be - Does anyone go anywhere without their cellphone?

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
27  Thank dusty008
Reviewed February 21, 2006

I'm kinda upset that they're changing the Aladdin into Planet Hollywood. The Aladdin is so great b/c of the whole cultural theme it displays. Management stated that the change comes about post 9/11 and the decrease in sales. There seemed to be a universal prejudice regarding the themes displayed and no one wanted to endorse it.

This is very unfortunate b/c the whole aura is unique I really enjoyed my stay there. I think it was the best resort on the strip and strategically placed in the middle of everything. We already have too many Planet Hollywood's. I'm disappointed in this change, and in the tourists who didn’t support the Aladdin when it needed it the most.

From hundreds of my photos, I’ve included a few taken from the window of my room during my stay there. (The 2002 dates are my camera's malfunction). Hope you in enjoy them ;-)

22  Thank Ronice