24,390 results
All reviewsearl of sandwichthe spice market buffetthe pleasure pitpf changsheart barthe miracle mile shopsfountain viewyounger crowdtotal rewardsgreat location on the stripother hotelshuge bathrooman upgradestrip viewtable gamesself parkingtrip to vegas
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed at the Planet Hollywood Hip room for 2 nights earlier this month. SInce we checked in around 10:30pm, we didn't have to line up to check-in. The check-in process was quick and the person who dealt with us was pleasant. We requested a higher-floor room and was given one on othe 17th floor. The room was very spacious with one King-sized bed, however there was no movie theme in the room. The bathroom was very spacious with a big bath-tub. There was also a shower stall, however it seem dirty and did not quite match the theme of the room. At first glance, the room was great, however upon close examination, we could tell the room was not completely cleaned/organized by the housekeeping staff. The floor mat for the shower stall was missing as was the soap. However on the 2nd day, both of these things were in the bathroom after we returned to the room at night. The $5 resort fee they charged per person per day is quite the rip-off since it only includes 2 bottle of water, newspaper and unlimited local calls. Both days we were there, the newspaper was not delivered. It is only on the day of our check-out that we found newspaper at the door in the morning. The bed itself was very comfortable. Our package also included $15 free-slot play, however we soon found out you need to spend $40 at the slots before you can "earn" the $15 free slot-play which is another rip-off. Earlier in the week we stayed at MGM and we're given $20 free slot-play without having to spend anything. The location of the hotel is great as it is in the midddle of the strip so it's close to everything. Overall our stay was ok, we really enjoyed the comfy bed, however we will probably stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank McJo
Reviewed June 5, 2009

This was our first trip to las vegas and we really enjoyed our stay at planet hollywood. We stayed in a hollywood hip room which was a great size and had a huge bathroom a bit dissapoined with the view but you can't have everything. The bdes are mega comfy .The location of the strip was really good on our 1st day we had breakfast in one of the restaurants in ther mall and it cost over $40 dollars. We then discovered the earl of sandwich in PH which was really cheap and nice approx $15 for 3 breakfast sandwiches. We went to the spice market buffet which was ok they give you a $25 dollar money off coupon. Planet dailies was also ok.
The one tip I would give you is to bring the most comfortable pair of shoes you have as I have the blisters to prove what the strip does to your feet !

The premium outlet mall is briilant they have a guess , juicy couture, coach, ed hardy, tommy hillfiger, ralph lauren approx $150 shops we spent a whole day there and went back again on our last day !!

Strastosphere was brillant although I personally left the scary rides out and left that to my 10 yr old boy.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Tracey_HCheshire
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We just returned from a 3 night stay at Planet Hollywood. I know the reviews on this site have been mixed, but we got a good rate and since it is in such a good location on the Strip decided to try it.(We had stayed there when it was the Aladdin). The best thing about the room was the great bathroom! It was very large, had a separate large tub, shower, and room for toilet as well as a big vanity top. The bed was very comfortable, the room very clean, and although the window was on the small size, we had a nice view of the pool and partial view of the strip. We were near the elevator but heard no noise at all. There was no "do not disturb " sign so I made my own and hung it on the doorknob and when the maid came by she did put a printed one in the key opening. (I do think it's odd that those signs are not in each room) I asked for an extra 45 min. extension on checkout, and was cheerfully given it. We ate several times at the Planet Dailies-portions are quite large and we split our breakfast order and had plenty for the 2 of us. Internet service available in room but for $13.99-I think that should be free. Having the Miracle Mile Mall attached is a big plus. There are 2 ABC stores there where you can find reasonable prices for misc. items, and a Coffee Bean store with free WIFI (very slow, but free) It was also nice to be able to shop without going out in the heat. The Duece Bus stop is right in front of the hotel and that was convenient for going up and down the Strip.
I wasn't that impressed with the Casino-maybe I'm too old to appreciate the Pleasure Pit.
All in all, maybe not out of this world, but certainly good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TeentyOne
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We stayed at PH over Memorial Day weekend (5/23 - 5/26) and for the most part enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and we had enough room to move around (it was 4 of us, 3 girls, 1 guy. Thank goodness for the large bathroom :)). Room also looked just like the pictures. Arrived at 11:30 that morning and was immediately checked in. Staff was very friendly. Planet Dailies had good food for reasonable prices. Location of hotel is the best as it is in the middle of the strip. you just walk out of the hotel onto the strip and decide if you want to go to the left or right :) Also loved the Miracle Mile Shops. It was nice to be able to walk around and pick up anything that you may have forgotten. The casino was nice as well but didnt spend a lot of time in it. Only went to the pool once, PH should think about upgrading the pool area since you can equate it to getting in your pool in your backyard. My only complaint about PH is the night club Prive.

We tried to go that Sunday night and had a terrible experience. After standing in line for over an hour (mind you we were there before they even started letting people in so we were right up front) to get into a so NOT crowded club, one of the host was trying to get some of his friends in and trying to get them to jump the line.

Make a long story short, he walked up to us and said "move or be moved", some words were exchanged, he instructed his clients to, and I quote, "just knock them over"and then it really turned into a big scene. It was a big mess and the people working at Prive are ignorant and disrespectful. There were a lot of witnesses to the incident as there were more people waiting in line than were actually in the club and many of them walked off because they couldnt believe what had just happened and because they had been standing in line waiting for over an hour as well.

They were actually picking and choosing who they were going to let in the club and if you didnt look a certain way, well you were not getting in. Its is really sad to witness this type of discrimination in 2009, but what can you say. It is their club and they can let in who they would like.

My suggestion for people of color, older couples, foreigners (unless asian), people not willing to pay the bouncers $100 plus to get pass the rope (and still have to pay to get in once you get up the escalator), and for people who dont like to go out naked reading this, just go to another club and dont waiste your time at Prive. Security at PH was very helpful and after the incident provided us with the corporate number and address to call and lodge a complaint as the employees of Prive are not employed by PH. Will something be done, probably not, but we will NEVER EVER attempt to go to Prive again. But PH may want to be careful because if instances like this continue, future guests may associate Prive with PH and decide not to stay at PH ever again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank Heavenly2009
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The staff was nice when we were in the hotel, they even upgraded us to a strip view. The room was a lot smaller than I thought it would, which made me glad I decided to get ready for my wedding in my friend's room at the pallazzo. The deep tub was heaven sent after being on my feet for 3 days non-stop. It was very nice to have an affordable mall and resteraunts attached to the hotel. As far as the night club, be ready to come early or stand in line for the majority of the night. I suggest "Jet" in the Mirage. It was fun, the music was great, and the line kept moving.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple