“Wonderful beds!!!!”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #63 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Had a lovely time in this hotel. Very comfortable beds. Big rooms - we were in a "Lost in Space" themed room with props/posters from the movie. Would recommend this hotel to anyone - location is brilliant, staff were very friendly and helpful - we waited only 10 mins in the queue to get in and got a strip view. Pool area is not the best we have stayed in but still very good. Recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank GVTVSunderland
Write a ReviewReviews (21,586)

Reviewed May 20, 2009

Overall : not as breathtaking or over-the-top like the other hotels on the Strip, but very good value.

Cool and hip.
Nice casino.
Clean rooms.
Super comfy beds.
Great location.
We liked it!

3  Thank petitpied
Reviewed May 19, 2009

This hotel was fine for the price. We paid 100/night for a Fri/Sat stay throughI priceline. The line was long at check in, but went pretty fast. The hotel was pretty clean and bed was comfortable. The ambiance was fun in the casino and the location was great-right in the middle of things. The pool had a spring break vibe, which I did not enjoy, but if you like that scene then this is the place for you. I was awakend in the middle of the night by boisterous drunk people in the hallways, so bring earplugs. The buffet was pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank karolinebelinda
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I went May 14 - 17 with my boyfriend and we had an awesome time! Planet Hollywood is a really funky place and the location on the Vegas Strip couldn't be better. We went through all of the hotels on the strip within the weekend and were never far from home whereever we went.

Rooms: Really nice even though we didn't have a very good view. I didn't request a strip view or anything, and the only time we were in our room was to nap/sleep/get changed so I didn't really care. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was really quite huge (seperate shower, bath and the toilet had it's own door too). The lighting, as others have said, can be a bit dim. But during the day I found the daylight to be more than enough for anything we needed to do. There are 4 really bright lamps in the room too, and I don't think we ever had more than one on at a time when we were winding down for bed. Also I never heard a peep from the elevators or other rooms. I found it quite quiet, but I wasn't too close to the elevators so I can't speak for those rooms.

Room Service: was good. Came back and everything was clean and we had stuff replenished (hand cream, towels, etc.).

Pool: We only spent a bit of time at the pools because we were busy doing other things, but let me tell you it's like a giant pool party. Huge shallow pools (I guess they don't want the drunks drowning) and music bumpin' hot tunes. Lots of pool chairs around and lots of booze too. It's a very young scene I wouldn't recommend this hotel for people over 40 maybe... I felt bad for the 50+ people who were trying to relax poolside with a bunch of drunken crazy 20-somethings splashing around haha.

Food: At the PH, we only ever ate at the Spice Buffet. It was very good but it's regular $30/person so use your $5 coupon to make it $25/person and it's a bit more reasonable (we're cheap so that was our fanciest meal haha). If you're looking for cheap breakfast I recommend La Cantina in the Miracle Mile Mall, it was really delicious. You don't always have to eat at buffets either, you will find fast food joints in some of the cheaper casinos (Subway, Burger King, Pizza & Taco places etc. ). As others have said the ABC Store in the Miracle Mile Mall is a good place to get water. We bought a couple of two litre bottles for cheap so we always had water in the room. You can even refill your smaller bottles so you don't have to buy them when you're walking around.

Cheap Drinks: If you're looking for drink bargains, go to your right when leaving the hotel. A ways down you'll find Bill's Gamblin' Hall where a dude outside sells $3 Coronas (you can bring them everywhere with you, in and out of every casino/bar) and Bill's has $1 Margaritas and cheap pitchers as well. Casino Royale and O'Sheas are other cool/cheap places to drink... they're more pub style and rugged but we fit in more at those types of places more than we would at any club. Cheap beer is all we're after. If you head the other way on the strip (South) you'll find a lot of mini marts and such. Pick up a six pack and drag it around with you and you'll never be beerless. It's a good alternative when you're not near a cheap bar.

Transportation: I was going to look into buying us the $7 Deuce bus All Day passes for each day, however it turned out we didn't use it once. We walked everywhere... you will spend a LOT of time walking in Vegas. Bring comfy shoes. Comfort over style is key... or you'll be sorry. Failure to follow this rule will result in blisters, sore legs and a lot of whining and missed fun. Transportation to and from the airport we just got cabs. There was a lot line for cabs at the airport but it went incredibly fast... they have a whole system. Fare is about $13-$15 to PH. P.S. you will need the bus to travel to the downtown area if you're going... it's pretty far and supposedly not the nicest area. But in general, walking everywhere is fun and free!

Stuff To Do: If you're there during the week, go see Big Elvis at Bill's Gamblin Hall from 3:00 - 7:15. He's got a great voice and it's free. Get there early to get a seat, he's very popular. The Lions at the MGM is pretty cool. I felt terrible for them at first (there are two usually at a time) but then we found out that there are a total of 38 and they will bring them in from a Lion sanctuary close by... so really one Lion probably goes once a month or so. And they seem to have fun... the trainers play with them and get really close... It makes me wonder if there's ever been any maulings haha. That'd be scary. We checked out the shark reef at Mandalay Bay which costs about $16/person. It's pretty cool, I'd say it's worth it. The Bellagio fountain shows are also pretty.

General Tips: Like I said, wear comfy shoes or sandals that you will be able to walk in for a long time. You'll thank yourself for doing so. Also, the air is really dry in Vegas. I found with a lot of walking around outdoors my nasal passages, throat, eyes, hands... everything... got really dry. Problem solved by using hand cream, saline nasal spray, eye drops and drinking water. If you don't bring these things, hand lotion is in your room and eye drops and nasal spray can be picked up at Walgreens. It really helps soothe.

All in all - Come here if you're in your 20's - 30's looking to have an awesome time. It's full of young people and although it's pretty fancy it's very casual. Stay here for the location and value alone! It's awesome!! Email me if you have any questions... I'll try and answer as best as I can.

10  Thank mylittlesunshinegirl
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I was staying at Planet Hollywood on business. Had a massage at the Mandara Spa. Left my clothes and wallet in the lockers provided. Afterwards I discovered that my cash had been stolen from my wallet in the locked locker. Had to be an inside job. The locker room attendant is the only person who could of possibly seen me put my code in the locker. Hotel Security was passively unresponsive. Spa manager was equally ineffective. Filed a report with Las Vegas PD. Still waiting to hear back from all of them. Do not use Mandara Spa unless you enjoy being robbed

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
8  Thank russellito
Reviewed May 17, 2009

PH left us with some mixed feelings. On one side the two rooms in the Northern tower we stayed in were clean, but dated, dark (due to small window(s)) and the shower was not so good. On the other side, the service was really great and the stuff was really helpful. We’d say that the rooms are at the level of a 3-star hotel and the service is at the level of a 5-star one. The hotel offers a complementary valet parking.

4  Thank dmij
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I always stay here and never will again. We came back to our room at 6pm to find our safe wide open, the beds were stripped down to the mattress, dirty lines were all over the floor and clean ones on the chairs. At first glance we thought we had been robbed, we instantly called security who asked me if anything was missing from the safe, we said we didn't know if any money was gone as we hadn't counted it. Security came up at 6.30pm, we called housekeeping twice, they did not come up to make our beds, then security called them and at 7pm they came up to make the beds, they said they had left our room because there was bio on the bed, I'm not sure what they meant by that, but it was inexcusable. My Mother and I were made to feel stupid and like we were overreacting, we both made statements, we were unable to go to our show on our last night there as we were dealing with this problem. One security guard who was training was very good with us, he understood why we were furious. My Mum and I finally went out for dinner, Mum could barely eat as she was so upset, We went to see the Manager later to see if we would be compensated in anyway for the inconvenience and lack of respect, the Manager said he had already heard about the issue from his people, was not interested in our story and we would not be compensated in any way.
I will never stay at this hotel again, since PH took over from Alladin, the customer service has sucked, when we arrived at 4pm to check-in, there was one staff member behind the desk, we waited in line for an hour. Crap place, very smoky, table dancers everywhere, gross.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family