“Perfect Strip Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ocean, New Jersey
“Perfect Strip Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2004

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to
Las Vegas from Oct. 3-8. Having read so many negative comments on the computer, I was doubtful
if we had made a mistake in booking the Aladdin. I must say we were very pleased with our selection. The location was the best!! We were able to walk the entire strip during our stay. I don't know if I would rate the Aladdin a 4 Star, but must say all in all we were happy. Check in was very fast, but no
free upgrades are given as stated in many reviews.
The pros of this hotel: A fabulous buffet(Spice Market)If you register for a Club Aladdin card and use it when gambling you earn comp for food. We were comped every meal and the food was plentiful. The staff was very accomodating. The hotel is very easy to navigate and you will know your way around the first day. The hairdryer in our room was broken and I called the front desk and maintenance was there in minutes to
install a new one. The cons are: very limited closet
space and only 5 hangers. I recommend you bring your own hangers or you won't be able to hang up your clothes. The ammenities are not 4 Star Quality.
Bring mouthwash because they don't include that with the other cheap shampoo and soap.
No refrigerator or coffee maker in room. The mattress is very hard. The slots are extremely tight,
however, they were tight in every casino on the strip. Tried the buffet at Paris one night-wouldn;t recommend.
All in all, I would stay at the Aladdin again because
after exploring all the casinos on the strip, I found the Aladdin less hectic. When returning from the crowds on the strip the serene atmosphere here is
a welcome sight. Don't forget to eat at the Spice Market Buffet in the Aladdin. You won't leave hungry!!

2 Thank linnirose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,877)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2004

Wow what an expierince !!!! I never had so much fun and felt so comftorable. The sttaff there was so kind and helpful and helped us with transportation and reservations The buffet is amazing, it had food from all over the world such as italian , mexican and skata. I met alot of pepole there everyone one wanted to drink cum and dance the night away at a club called curves. The rooms were large and comftorable
The batrooms were clean, the tub spotless,and the shower was golden. special thanks to my maid (kofa boutanitsa) for the peepa and keeping my room in tip top shape. if your looking for a delicasy ther is an ice cream shop close with freshly made creamsicles for those hot walks on the strip. Oh and the casino is nice aswell, I did pretty good I must say...the security is great and you feel safe inside and outside of the hotel. That is probably because if the lack of mavri and riff - raff you will find hanging outside like most other hotels.
I reccomend this hotel especially on your first few times to vegas because of the great hotel and the ghamyes you will get when you get there aswell as its great location on the strip. So go to the alladin and have fun like i did !!!!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2004

Wow, what can I say. Our trip started out horrible because we had a 9 hour delay because of plane trouble. But once we arrived at the Aladdin our luck changed. The staff at the front desk was excellent and even upgraded us to a room with a view for no extra charge. Our room was wonderful especially the bathroom! Food at the Hotel was amazing, shopping was so convenient. Since our flight wasn't leaving until 10:30pm in the evening and I did not want to check out at 11:00am they let me pay for half a day which only ended up costing me $50.00 which I did not mind paying since I won alittle bit of money during my four day stay. The pool wasn't the greatest but it was a fun atmosphere. On our last night there we ate the their famous buffet and let me tell you it is definitely worth going to. Would definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wales, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2004

Stayed in the Aladdin for a wekend in September 2004. Superb location on the strip.
About the only view to have is of the strip and, if you can, get the Bellagio fountains.
Room was clean & large with a large comfortable bed. Bathroom was superb with shower & semi-sunken bath.
Only slight moan would be that there were no coffee or tea making facilities.

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2004

My boyfriend and I just returned from our 4th annual trip to Vegas. Every year we seem to stay at a different hotel and ended up at the Aladdin. After reading many reviews about the hotel we decided we would make our own judgement after our stay. Wow......

Check in went very smoothly and the line up was not long. We were given great directions to get to our room so off we went. Our luggage was being delivered some time that day so we changed to summer clothes and off we went. We arrived back at the room at 1:00 a.m. the next morning and were welcomed back by a loud thumping noise coming from the wall near the window. Thinking it might be the air conditioner we turned that down but the noise still persisted. We called down to the front desk and they said they would send maintenance up immediately. No sooner had we hung up the phone then the maintenance man arrive. He checked the noise out and found it was the ballast from the light on the outside of the building. No way it could be fixed. He called down to the front desk for us and explained the problem.

The girl at the front desk understood the problem and said we could either stay the night and switch to another room the next day or they would put us in the wheel chair acessive room and change that the next day. I choose the second option. She then came back and said they found another option. We could stay in one of the rooms that's usually held for high rollers and if we didn't like the room we could switch. Needless to say we didn't switch and the room was awesome. Yes I do agree the rooms are a bit dark.. but hey it's Vegas. You're only there to sleep not spend time in your hotel room.

We enjoyed our stay at the Aladdin and hope the hotel will retain it's excellent service after Planet Hollywood takes over.

PS: Take in the dueling pianos bar Harrah's. We went 3 nights in a row and enjoyed it very much. Usually on from 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.

1 Thank PrincessFiona61
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2004

After reading many negative reviews, we were pleased with our 4 night stay 24 Sept to 28 Sept. We got upgraded to a Suite on the 50th floor but sadly without a view. We were able to check in early which was great. Hotel occupancy was high at the time but staff were competent at all times and check in staff was great.
Strangely all other floors have a hairdryer and ice machine on the flor except the VIP levels. A bit inconvenient.
The buffet is great particularly for dinner though it has no atmosphere unlike at Paris for example (the pastries there are not terribly good however as we had heard). The trick is to go early.
The pool area is very average - mostly cement and 2 small pools with no shade/greenery or atmosphere. Disappointing.
Good location with shopping close by, a very good Spa by Elemis ( better than Canyon Ranch for service and ambience ), and the convenient ABC store in Desert Passage for water and snacks. Its like a cheaper version of Caesars Forum shops but still has Gap, Sephora, Aveda and some other good stores.
Best of all is the ease with which you can watch the Bellagio fountains over and over again - which I did.

• Stayed September 2004
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
south wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2004

This was our second trip to Las Vegas, the first time we stayed in the Sahara which was clean and perfectably acceptable although a little far out.
When i booked the Aladdin i found very little information about it and had heard various reports some not too complimentary!
Well let me put you straight, its fabulous! our room was enormous with everything you could need, king size bed, safe, computer, the lot. The bathroom was huge with a big tub dominating the bathroom, seperate loo and shower, double sinks etc! Considering you dont spend much time in the room i could have moved in there!
The Hotel and Casino were very clean and light and airy, the all you can eat buffet superb although the queues are quite long but they move quickly.
The shops in the desert passage were incredible and the choice amazing, ( can you tell i enjoyed myself and no i didnt win anything at all!)The only down side, and its just a little one was the walk from the car park to the main lobby, its a long way although complimentary bike rides are available.
Take it from me, with its central position smack bang in the middle of the strip, with the Bellagio fountains opposite, and Paris next door, you will love it too!