“Great location, shame about the pool” 4 of 5 bubbles

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #79 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Australia
“Great location, shame about the pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2004

After reading many negative reviews, we were pleased with our 4 night stay 24 Sept to 28 Sept. We got upgraded to a Suite on the 50th floor but sadly without a view. We were able to check in early which was great. Hotel occupancy was high at the time but staff were competent at all times and check in staff was great.
Strangely all other floors have a hairdryer and ice machine on the flor except the VIP levels. A bit inconvenient.
The buffet is great particularly for dinner though it has no atmosphere unlike at Paris for example (the pastries there are not terribly good however as we had heard). The trick is to go early.
The pool area is very average - mostly cement and 2 small pools with no shade/greenery or atmosphere. Disappointing.
Good location with shopping close by, a very good Spa by Elemis ( better than Canyon Ranch for service and ambience ), and the convenient ABC store in Desert Passage for water and snacks. Its like a cheaper version of Caesars Forum shops but still has Gap, Sephora, Aveda and some other good stores.
Best of all is the ease with which you can watch the Bellagio fountains over and over again - which I did.

• Stayed September 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,879)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
south wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2004

This was our second trip to Las Vegas, the first time we stayed in the Sahara which was clean and perfectably acceptable although a little far out.
When i booked the Aladdin i found very little information about it and had heard various reports some not too complimentary!
Well let me put you straight, its fabulous! our room was enormous with everything you could need, king size bed, safe, computer, the lot. The bathroom was huge with a big tub dominating the bathroom, seperate loo and shower, double sinks etc! Considering you dont spend much time in the room i could have moved in there!
The Hotel and Casino were very clean and light and airy, the all you can eat buffet superb although the queues are quite long but they move quickly.
The shops in the desert passage were incredible and the choice amazing, ( can you tell i enjoyed myself and no i didnt win anything at all!)The only down side, and its just a little one was the walk from the car park to the main lobby, its a long way although complimentary bike rides are available.
Take it from me, with its central position smack bang in the middle of the strip, with the Bellagio fountains opposite, and Paris next door, you will love it too!

clearlake,mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2004

The Aladdin hotel was a very clean hotel. The rooms were a good size and the bathrooms were huge with a nice deep tub to soak your troubles away. The waitresses were a little slow at bringing the drinks at the casino. They didn't come around that often. The view is beautiful. When you arrive at the airport and you need to find transportation to your hotel DO NOT USE the company BELL TRANS!!!! They were over an hour late picking us up and we had to call three times just to get them there. There was another group of people that had to wait just as long and they almost missed their plane. All in all it was a good vegas experience for the first time going there. I was very pleased.

Wick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2004

Myself and my new husband visited the Aladdin during a three wk trip of California (and Vegas) for our honeymoon. We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and because we were Aladdin club members, we got the room for next to nothing (it really was that cheap, so definitely sign up for Club Aladdin). When arriving, we went straight to the valet, which is so much less hassle and all you have to do is tip a dollar. The check-in was very quick, however we did ask for an up-grade due to it being our honeymoon, but we didn't get anything, not even a Congratulations. The only reason we thought we may have is so many people commented on this website about the freebies they get for such occasions. However, we were not deterred by this as you would certainly not be given any special treatment in any hotel in the UK. Our room was very nice - in fact it looked identical to the room that we had two years prior, the only difference being the view was so much better. We looked down onto the pool on the right hand-side, we could see the Eiffel Tower (Paris) and the fantastic Bellagio Fountains. Our four nights, started off very promising, although by night four, I was $300 down.
The Dessert Passage is worth a visit, with some excellent shops. There is a really good coffee shop (beside the harbour). Try their Cinnamon Rolls, they are so good.
We did a trip of some of the hotels, including MGM Grand, New York New York, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, Bellagio and Circus Circus. All seem very nice, their casino's are allot bigger than the Aladdin, however, I would not say are any better. Every hotel offers something different, so its definitely worth a trip around them when you come to Vegas. Our next trip to Vegas, we may stay somewhere else, just for a comparison. The buffet at the hotel was great - although I always left feeling very ill, but that's only because I ate my entire body weight in food. The Zanzibar Cafe wasn't as good as we had remembered, however it did the job and filled a hole. We also ate at Blondie’s (good) and Cheeseburger at the Oasis (excellent), both in the Dessert Passage.
The only reason I marked this hotel 4 out of 5 rather than 5 (which I did the last time), was that we stayed at so many lovely hotels during our trip, all the other hotels had the little extras, but being that we paid very little for our 4 nights here, I can't really complain.

1 Thank tm1978
Charleroi, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Aladdin for our 10th anniversary, Sept 20th thru the 25th. I must say after reading some of the reviews, I was nervous. But nothing at all to be nervous about. We arrived at 2:30pm and checked in right away. The receptionist was very friendly and I asked if we could have a room overlooking the fountains, she told us that would be an additional $30 a night. We didn't pay. When we got to our room we overlooked the pool and the fountains were right outside our window.
The Desert Passage is wonderful. Variety of shops and restaurants. We went to see the Ultimate V show. Very entertaining. Took advantage of the $20 you can upgrade for dinner. It was delicious. Plus it comes with 2 cocktails. That alone was worth the $20. There is an ABC store in the mall which is a great place to buy snacks, sodas and water for your room. We went there every evening for our water and sodas. We put ice in the garbage can as a makeshift cooler. It worked great.
We left a $10 tip for the maid the first day requesting extra towels and we were taken care of the rest of the week. All the other reviews stating that housekeeping starts at 8am is accurate. Be sure to put your privacy sign up. They will not bother you if that is on the door.
The casino is very cold. I didn't hit at all. My husband hit a little on the first day and it was gone on the second. We hit at Tropicana. An older hotel but has the old Vegas feel. Not bad. Saw two shows there. The magic show. (so-so) and folies bergere.(enjoyable).
Also saw an afternoon show at Harrah's. The Mac King comedy/magic show. Was very funny. You can get free tickets to that just for signing up for their comp card.
The nice thing about the Aladdin is the location. Center strip and convienent to everything. To me, the hotel is just like any other hotel. We stayed at Ti last time and would stay there again, just chose the Aladdin for location. And that was the best part about it. Nothing stands out as being outstanding. In fact, there pool area is terrible. NO atmosphere. Very cramped and crowded. Needs redone when Planet Hollywood renovates. That is my only complaint : the pool area. Ti's is very tropical and fun atmosphere. The Aladdin had no atmosphere at all.
The hotel was very nice and would stay here again if the price was right. I don't know where people find rates of $79. We paid $109 and $169 for a Friday stay. Was actually one of the cheapest rates I had found for the time we were there. Apparently, a popular time. I could see the difference in the crowd the closer it got to the weekend. The casino was very crowded then, but not as crowded as Bally's. You could always walk around freely at our hotel without too many people. That was enjoyable.
Overall, would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed September 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2004

Three adults just returned from visit 13th to 20th September. Third trip to Vegas, first to the Alladin.

Found the check in, greeters and all staff to be friendly and polite.

Enjoyed the shops, the Aladdin Theatre Restaurant and Italian Restaurant. Also, not to be missed is the Pearl Chinese Restaurant at the MGM Grand and the San Fernando Band at the Barbary Coast.

Only downsides about the hotel was being located on the 35th floor next door to the electrical switch room on the first night - moved to the 17th floor next morning after complaining about constant noise from switch room. Also, found the casino floor and the sports bar to be the "coldest" on the strip. Also, the only casino where we had no luck at the slots.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2004

My two friends and I decided to stay at the Aladdin in celebration of our friend Kori's 22nd Birthday. For the most part, everything went pretty well. I just would like to list a few suggestions for others who would consider staying at this resort. If you don't like doing too much walking, just pay for the valet parking because the parking garage is far from the rooms. We had to walk through the parking garage, then the mall, then through the casino to finally check in to our room. Even the employees who worked there didn't know how to properly guide us to the front desk to check in. Also, if you are a shopper and have money to spend during you trip-definitely stay here-there is a terrific mall with lots of variety in the stores. And finally, I definitely have to commend the staff at the front desk during our check in. Because it was my friend's Birthday, we were given an upgrade to the fountainview room which overlooks the Bellagio and Eiffel Tower. It's really pretty at night. Also, we were a little worried about not getting enough time to spend at the pool since we were only staying here for one night. The staff informed us to just keep one room key after checking out so that we can enjoy the pool after check out. There's 2 great pools, but it gets overcrowded, so wake up early if you want to find a place to sit at the pool. I definitely recommend for anyone to check this place out. I know my friends and I would definitely consider staying here again in the future.