24,357 results
All reviewsearl of sandwichthe spice market buffetthe pleasure pitpf changsheart barthe miracle mile shopsfountain viewyounger crowdtotal rewardsgreat location on the stripother hotelshuge bathrooman upgradestrip viewtable gamesself parkingtrip to vegas
Reviewed July 23, 2004

This is my favorite hotel in Las Vegas. My wife and I stayed there June 6th through the 11th. The location can't be beat and if you catch one of there room specials it's even better yet. This was my 5th stay in the last 3 years and again love it. The check in is just off of the entrance and you don't have to go through the casino for everything. The food is good but a little pricey. Eat in the Desert Passage, Cheeseburger is great and reasonable. This stay was very special for us. It was our 20th wedding anniversary. We were married in Vegas and stayed in the original Aladdin way back when. I guess I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed that they did nothing for us. Not even an upgrade or buffet. I am not usually someone that looks for something for free out there. You have to EARN your comps, but this was the one time that I was not happy, otherwise, great place.

• Stayed: June 2004
1  Thank Leesburg01
Reviewed July 23, 2004

We just returned from our first trip to Las Vegas and the Aladdin helped to make it one of the best vacations ever! After reading the reviews, I was a little leary and really had no idea what to expect. Since we'd never been, I knew we'd be taking a chance no matter where we stayed.

When we checked in, I asked our "check-in guy" if there was any truth to the "$20 tip trick". He smiled and said "You never know until you try." Then he told me to wait and let him check to see what he had before I offered the tip to him. We had booked through Travelocity and I had only paid for a standard room. He put us on the top floor- in a suite- overlooking the Bellagio fountains - at no extra charge to us. Of course, I tipped him the $20. It was soooo great! We had a view of the whole strip as well as a huge room.

I couldn't believe how clean everything was. We didn't have any luck in the casino but that's not what we were there for. The Desert Passage was one of the few "affordable" places to shop anywhere on the strip.

I guessed we were just lucky, or blessed, however you want to look at it because our trip could NOT have been better and our choice of hotel was definitely the best. The Aladdin just sold out to Planet Hollywood so I don't know what it will be like next time. If you stay there, definitely try the tip trick!

Reviewed July 22, 2004

i found the car park not obvious for such a large hotel, and it was a very very long walk to the check in desk from the car park if you self parked. you had to take your luggage through the desert passage shopping area, through the casino, down in a lift to reach the check in. when we checked in we were told the room was not ready but would be within 3 hours maximum. we checked after about 2 hours we were informed it was still not ready and he couldnt guarantee it would be within the three hours. he did say we could have a smoking room, mountain view room(when we were going to have a strip view) or for an extra $30 per night we could have a bellagio fountain view. he basically implied that we were being awkward for not taking any of these and it was our own fault if we had to wait! we did manage to finally check in after about 3 and 1/2 hours. thankfully our room was very nice on the 35th floor with a great view of the strip and the bellagio fountain!!!!! the bathroom was very spacious. the room was clean and had internet access. but we probably wont be going back!

Reviewed July 20, 2004

Stayed 2 nights here in July. Also stayed at LV hilton and Caesar's.

Good size hotel. Short line up to check-in. Rooms were very, very nice. Incredibly large, and deep soaker tub, better than Caesar's!

Only problem is that the parking lot is located quite far from the guest elevators to the rooms.

For $69 & 59 a night, it was well worth it!

1  Thank Adventure12958
Reviewed July 20, 2004

I stayed in the Aladdin for 3 nights last week. We checked in early, and they gave us no problems about it. We were initially happy....until we walked into the room. Its your average hotel room, a Days Inn style room. The bathroom, however, is very roomy with a huge roman style bathtub and seperate shower. While that was an awesome feature, it was not enough to save this hotel experience. We stayed in a smoking room, and the room absolutely reeked. Naturally, I didn't expect it to smell like vanilla fields but I was actually choking on the stench. Also, there were scuff marks all over the walls and dirty spots. They advertise "free computer" in each room, one of the reasons we decided to stay there. Well, upon paying the $10 fee to use the internet, I found out the "cookies were disabled" on the computer and therefore, AOL could not be used. What is the point of having a computer in the room if you can't check your email. When I called the support center they said I could switch rooms and maybe the new computer would work. It wasn't worth it.
Now, one of the most disappointing aspects of the room was the bed. If you have ever stayed in a dormitory or a hostel, those beds are a step up from the beds at the Aladdin. The bed was covered in vinyl. Why? Do their customers have a bad habit of peeing in the beds? I was appalled. You could feel the vinyl through the thin, worn sheets. It was a dirty and disgusting feeling.
Also, at the end of our trip, I checked under the bed to make sure we hadn't left anything and guess what I found?! Mountains of dirty tissues- not mine. Talk about nasty. Who knows what was in those tissues- this is Vegas.
Also, the managers of this hotel were apathetic to our needs. When we mentioned our defunked computer, they shrugged and said they were sorry. We also informed them of how dirty our room was and again, they didn't care.
I would not stay here again. We paid $159 a night here, which is the same price of the Bellagio on a weekday (we stayed there too and it was phenomenal). Don't waste your money, go two hotels down to Bally's and save your money.

3  Thank Sightseer16182