“Nice mall old fashioned hotel with slow check in.”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #63 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Hotel was old and tired, nice casino and mall, need to treat guests better as check in took an hour due to the busy period and the amount of people on the check in desks it took along time. The parking was great and was located to take advantage of the strip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jason B
There are newer reviews for Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino

Reviewed December 29, 2013

It was my first time in Vegas and we were celebrating a friend's birthday. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and I absolutely loved it! From the moment I arrived the valet asked if I would like my luggage carried up to my room since I arrived by myself and my boyfriend was arriving the night after. The bellman who brought up my luggage recommended some nearby restaurants and was extremely nice and helpful.
Out of all the casinos I visited during my time in Vegas (we visited EVERY hotel on the strip, tourists, I know), Planet Hollywood's was my favorite.
Gordon Ramsey's Burger was a unique dining experience and absolutely delicious. You must try his favorite floral based beer. Also, having a Starbucks downstairs was extremely convenient and Walgreens is just a 2 minute walk away.
The room was nice and spacious (standard) and the bathroom was the best part! Loved the huge bathtub, my friends stayed at the Cesar's Palace and envied it.
In Room dining was a bit disappointing, ordered a quesadilla on my first night there because I was starving and it was bland for how overpriced the IRD menu is.
I did not expect that such a high volume hotel to have such attentive and detail oriented staff. I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mariisz
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Check in okay, even for non higher level reward card holder. Room was GREAT.(5) Very large, nice view of Paris and Bellagio fountions, clean, comfortable and quite(1259). Concierge very good.
Signage in casino level poor, seemed to ,make no sense even after walking around five days. The air quality seemed to be good(non smoker) until you left the area and the smoke smell was impregnated in your clothes.(2)
Valet a BIG ZERO. Waited 35 minutes for our car and the reason given for the wait, "Hey its a holiday time!!!!! Wow talk about customer appreciation! Parking garage is shared with the Miracle Mile shops so finding a space is difficult.

Room Tip: Pay for the better rooms facing the Strip
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alfred S
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed in planet holliwood recently and i must say the price was very good but it was not up the standerd of when we last stayed when it was the Aladin. the best thing is the shops but the hotel itself is a bit tired, dont get me wrong it is a very usable hotel for the price but we stayed in a lower level room at the start of our stay in the states and we had a loverly view of the noisey air conditioning units,)on our return we asked for a higher room with a view- (slightley better) also the casino now caters for a different type of client with sexy dressed dealers on some of the tables and later on in the evening sexy dancers over the tables ! (not a family evening event).
if you go for breakfast in the resteraunt in the casino you wont be dissapointed if you order the unlimited stack of pancakes if you go for the deal .would i go back ,possibly as you dont have to spend your time in the hotel when there are so many other hotels to look at nearby near by (but Paris next door seemed even worse when i strolled through) the Ari just over the walk way is a different world alltogether with its vey high class shops to window gaze at.
one thing i did love was the gordon ramsey Burger resteraunt a bit pricey but well worth a visit, i had a fantastic burger there, worth a visit for a special meal with out going totally mad.
as i say the shops are good on the mile walk way at least PH havent messed tham up.

Room Tip: Dont go for lower level rooms at the front (unless you want a view of the noisey air conditioning un...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clinton T
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in May of 2013 for a quick three night getaway from the children. We have stayed at PH many times over the years and feel that it might be time to find a new resort to be staying at...

At first, we were given a room that was very sub- standard; small and no type of view. I kindly asked for another room and was refused. I offered to pay for my upgrade and was quickly moved to a much larger room with a view. So much for customer loyalty...

I have always enjoyed PH because of the location and shopping attached to the hotel. The restaurants are also plentiful and fairly priced. BF Chang's and Mr. Ramsey's Burger are our favourites.

Gambling is okay in the hotel but the casino floor can be very confusing to navigate, despite having stayed there many times.

The hotel is good but just really beginning to show its age. With so much choice on the strip the decision to stay elsewhere can be easily made.

Oh, the extreme line up for Starbucks every morning is a pain but can't be avoided...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Troy C
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This review does not reflect what your experience might be if you are a diamond member but does reflect what you will experience when you are not. To begin with you are not important to them in the least. Their focus is on the diamond members and you are treated as if they are doing you a favor by allowing you to stay. To be specific:
1. Check in. Upon arrival at six p.m. There was a line of potential guest meandering through the lobby. Approximately fifty to sixty feet long.There was no signage or explanation of just where or what you were suppose to do. You had to walk around the pillars and plants to find the end of it. After thirty minutes the line had moved maybe five feet. A hotel employee walked by and when I questioned him as to what was happening he replied he was in "beverage" but would send someone. Never saw him or anyone else again. After 45 minutes I left the line and stood where the rewards people line up and went immediately to the check in counter. When I asked the clerk why there were only four people checking quests in and why is was taking so long he replied that this was for rewards quests and since I did not have a card I was to get back in the line. I explained I was not jumping the line but was inquiring as to why all these people were basically being ignored. His response was that he could not serve the quests because I was talking to him. When I asked to see the desk manger I was pointed to a lady who was arguing with someone at the counter. I waited ten minutes for her to finish and she walked away behind a wall and never came out. Interesting a check in clerk stood and watched the entire time instead of dealing with the throngs of people in line. After sixty-five minutes of waiting in line we were finally checked in. When I made another request to see the desk manager I was told she was busy.
2. Concierge. On Christmas Day I inquired if a certain buisness was open. I was asked if I was a diamond member and when I replied no I was told the buisness would be open until four. Great. Off to retrieve the rental car and start our 45 minute drive. We arrive and it is closed. Grand total of three hours wasted.
3. Parking. Valet parking is free. That is a plus. The problem is the entire five days we were there it was full except for diamond members
4. Resort fee. You are charged twenty dollars a day to use the amenities. However, Internet is not included. The pool is closed. To find that out you have to enter the exit doors, the entrance doors are locked, and there is a small sign saying you can use the pool at the Paris. You can use the gym but remember to bring picture identification. Your room key is not enough even though they can punch it into their computer. So even giving them all the information they still want a picture. The whole resort fee charge is blatent rip off and scam.

In conclusion if you are ok with being ignored and ripped off then book it. The senior management team at this resort needs to step up and address these types of issues. I look forward to hearing from them.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mot51
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I went to a business meeting at this hotel. My flight was delayed and I arrived at 2AM and felt assaulted by the lights and music at the front desk. But the staff were friendly and helpful. The assault continued in the elevator, but the room was blissfully quiet. If you like excitement and lights and music, you might enjoy the experience of checking in.

This hotel has smoking rooms, and I had some trouble getting a non-smoking room, despite my reservation. But the staff found me one, and it was clean. It did have a strong hotel-disinfectant smell.

The room was spacious and I had a nice view of the strip and the mountains. Closing the shades kept the light out. The bathroom was enormous, and featured a massive tub (no jets). I was tempted, but felt it would be wrong to use that much water in the middle of a desert, so I stuck with the shower stall, which was fine. Everything was clean and the towels, soaps, etc. were all adequate for my needs. The bed was comfortable, with a nice assortment of pillows. There was not a convenient outlet for my phone next to the bed, but there was adequate power at the desk. Wifi was good.

Each room has different Hollywood paraphernalia and photos. I found the giant photo of a face staring at me in the bathroom a little disconcerting, but it's just a photo, and I ignored it. My room also had the dress some actress wore in a movie. They imply that the stuff was real, and that might be fun if you are into that sort of thing.

The business wing has excellent facilities. Rooms of many different sizes, with good sound separation, good wifi, good food, good service. The wide hallway included many comfy chairs, most clustered conveniently, and many within reach of a power outlet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business