“Las Vegas ”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort St. John, Canada
“Las Vegas ”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and her best friend and I went to Las Vegas for 5 days. We stayed at planet Hollywood. It was an all around good stay! Great location. Room was pretty good. No coffee maker in the room but a Starbucks downstairs in the lobby. It was always pretty busy but there was another by the casino. All the staff we encountered were great. Just be sure to have good walking shoes! Also go see Marc savard right at the hotel. He's a hypnotist and he is hilarious ! Must see!! Also saw Terry Fator. And Zarkana! Well worth the money! Wax museum was good. Very good girls trip!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Upon arrival to Las Vegas, we were given a beautiful view of the strip & Vellagio water show from the room. Bed was comfortable & room was quiet. Hotel is in a great location for exploring other casinos. Will definately stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for strip view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I read on here that the old $20 bill wrapped around the credit card is worth a try, so I gave it a shot, it worked got a nice upgrade 1672 was my room, north view of the Paris and the fountains. Huge bedroom, bathroom was huge separate tub shower deal, overall the casino was clean got drinks quickly!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the Planet Hollywood for 6 nights, and decided to treat ourselves and book the 'fountain view room' at an extra cost. We arrived at around 8pm, and didn't have to queue to check in.

The first room we got allocated had NO view of the fountains, and 2 of the 4 lights in the room (lamps) were broken.

We asked to get moved to a second room with the view we had paid for, and with working lights. This room had a fantastic view - however the wifi didn't work. We were advised by I.T. that there are some rooms where the wifi just won't work and ours was one of them. (seeing as we were staying for 6 nights, and the $20 per day resort fee is partly due to wifi access - we needed our wifi to work. Travelling from overseas internet and Skype is how we were staying connected with family and friends back home) So the I.T. man (who was very friendly and helpful) put in his call to the front desk to say that the wifi wouldn't work and requested us a new room. We didn't hear from the front desk so we called them ourselves to explain the situation and request to be moved. (approx. 10pm the same night by this time). The girl at the counter said there were no other rooms available and we'd have to move in the morning. We received no apology from her regarding our situation.

In the morning my partner went down to the front desk at approx. 8am and re-explained our situation to one of the clerks. He was more than helpful (which is more than can be said for the front desk staff from the night before) and allocated us a new room.

This room seemed to have everything we had paid for - fountain view and wifi access.

However, our problems did not end there.

Throughout the course of our 6 day stay, we charged two drinks ($36) and breakfast room service ($45) to our room.

A few days in, our wifi was not working again - and I had a message on our phone to call the front desk about 'our account'. When I called the front desk - the clerk I spoke to stated that I had not paid my resort fee. I told her that yes, I had paid the resort fee upon checkin and I could show her my online bank statement proving that. (My room booking was also prepaid before we arrived). She then stated 'but the resort fee doesn't include room service.'. I said 'No, I was never under the impression that it did.' This conversation went back and forward for about 5 minutes, with her accusing me (in a very rude tone and poor English) that the resort fee didn't include room service or pool drinks. And for the next 5 minutes, I kept trying to explain to her that I knew it didn't include those things - and that I had signed a charge receipt for those two items to be charged to the credit card on my room.

After enduring this 5 minutes of her rude accusations and seeming stupidity, she managed to establish with me that for some reason my credit card details had not been saved upon checkin (I am assuming this may be as we switched rooms).

I told her that also, we had noticed that day that our wifi was not working. She offered to connect me to I.T. - but I stopped her before she did that, and asked if this lack of connectivity was possibly due to the fact that she thought for some reason our resort fee was upaid. She goes 'oh yes, its been turned off - would you like me to turn it back on?" Obviously my answer was yes. (NOTE: It took approx. 36 hours for wifi to work again - TERRIBLE)

The next day I went down to reception to give them my card details (AGAIN) and actually asked to speak to the manager, as what was meant to be a relaxing 'chilled' 6 days had turned into a nightmare, and a lot of this was caused by rude and incompetent staff.

The manager was not particularly helpful - and at some stages defended the actions of these rude behaviours we had been shown. He did however, put a credit to our room for the two drinks and breakfast we had at the hotel.

Just when we thought our issues were over, the icing on the cake came the night before we checked out. When looking through my online banking I noticed a charge of approx. $400USD from planet Hollywood lodging. I raised this issue with the clerk at checkout the next morning, and he literally said to me 'oh yes, I'm very sorry - that was a mistake, it wasn't meant to be charged to you.' It took approx. 6 days (and another follow up phone call on my part) for this charge to be reversed.

Nothing about our stay was enjoyable or relaxing and the issues we had to deal with really ruined our stay entirely. I would not recommend this property to other travellers and I would never stay here again.

I spent 6 weeks travelling the USA - and stayed at around 10 hotels - and this is the ONLY one where I encountered any problems. Not what I'd expect from a 4 star hotel and well known brand. We spent a lot of money at the hotel at restaurants, gambling, bars, and the spa - and to receive such appalling service was completely unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie S
Horley
Reviewed November 28, 2013

1st Visit to Vegas, loved it, but when I return I will not go to Planet Hollywood, there are far more cleaner and brighter Hotels and Casinos. Its in a fab position for all the really nice shops and other casinos, but its let down by the drabness of it. Room was okay but half of the lights did not work so even the room was gloomy. Bed was comfortable and bathroom acceptable. Rooms sevice of a club sandwich was good! and very fresh(but expensive after service charge, delivery charge and tip, plus the tip you have to give on top!). Small tip go direct to box office for Jersey Boys tickets, do not use Concierge they will rip you off. The show is a must! we went twice. Have a meal in the Paris up the tower make sure you book for fantastic views of Bellagio, and make sure you have eggs benadict in the Bellagio at least twice!! Loved Vegas will return one day.

Room Tip: My room was in the North end and overlooked the Bellagio so very nice in that respect room 2459
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HorleyFoodie
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely return to PH again. The center strip location was perfect, the casino had a younger, trendy vibe. Go-go dancers at Heart Bar were gorgeous, and friendly while I was enjoying an early evening drink and deciding where to check out next. On check in, the front desk clerk was friendly and polite despite long lines. A $20 tip in the passport was received with a complimentary upgrade to an amazing fountain view room. Cannot thank the hotel enough. The bathroom was huge, bed comfortable, and room was for the most part quiet. A little hallway noise, but common to any hotel. The only other downside, as other reviews noted, are there aren't many lights in the room so it is a bit dark. Planet dailies was basic, but good for picking up a late night snack after hitting the strip. Earl of Sandwich was amazing. Drinks in the hotel bars were expensive, but all Vegas hotel bars are. There are kiosks outside that are a bit cheaper for grabbing a beer and walking the strip. There is also a Walgreen's in the Miracle Mile next door which is convenient. All in all a great stay!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 007Deano
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations by far I went for my birthday weekend. First and foremost I was treated like a queen. My early check in fee was waved and I got upgraded to a higher floor, or should I say the penthouse. My room was so big and clean nice and comfy I was on the 50th floor. The staff was nice and friendly. I had the most amazing view it was just breath taking. Words cannot explain the magnitude of my love of this hotel. Well worth it. Location. Is great , you have unlimited selections of places to eat and shop it's in the heart of everything. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor strip view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo