We just finished 4 night stay. We had reasonable expectations with what we paid so we were satisfied with our stay.
Firstly - location is very good. Right close to Paris, Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Aria, Caesars. The Miracle Mile mall is attached which is very convenient for shopping and getting some snacks/drinks for room. Seems like an easy spot to get to from airport - don't have to deal with traffic on the strip.
We arrived at hotel before noon - our rooms weren't ready yet. If the rooms are ready there is a charge for early check-in ranging from $15 to $25. Service was quick and efficient at front desk for us. When we arrived there was no line, however we walked by the front desk many times and saw a rather long check-in line (approx. 15 groups) - not sure of how long it would take but I could see that a wait at check-in (or check-out) could be frustrating. We had a Hollywood Hip King room- which is the basic room I believe. More than enough space and suited us fine. Bed was comfortable, shower took awhile (3-5 minutes) some days to get hot water but after that it was OK. They probably spend a fortune on the water bill as every room will be running water an extra 5 minutes a day in order to get hot water. The decor of the room and lobby would seem to cater to a younger crowd, nothing at all memorable but more than enough if all you are looking for is a decent room -- if you were looking for top-notch elegance that maybe the Bellagio or Venetian would be better suited to your taste.
The concierge was very good at helping us choose different shows and restaurants (off-site).
The restaurants would be the let down of this place. The Spice Market, even with a 2 for 1 coupon, was over-piced for the quality of food. We had breakfast at Planet Dailies - not the worst eggs I've had but pretty close. And the service was terrible. We had a group of 9 -- and they forgot to put 3 peoples order through so they had to wait (one of the orders was only for toast). On top of that we had to wait about a half hour for the bill. It was good they put an 18% gratuity on for a group over 8 people because they wouldn't have got that if we had a choice. We went to Burgr - it was good and the service was excellent. Onion rings were very good. I will say that we hit the Bellagio restaurant at 4:30am and had the burgers and they were just as good if not better for less.
Probably one of may favourite casinos. Servers were very attentive for drinks even when busy.
We were in Vegas as part of a wedding. The bride had her make-up and hair done in the Spa. Not sure of what the cost is at other Vegas Spas but it is probably about average. I would say that the service is below average as she had to have her hair done twice.
The one thing that would really be annoying is the mandatory resort fee of $20/day. (for wifi, gym access and local calls). It wasn't mandatory for us as we flew in with Air Canada Vacations but how many people show up not realizing they need to pay an extra $20/day? Also, the wifi is for one device only?? If we did want wifi I believe they said it was $13. We upgraded our cell plans before we went so we had all the data and local calls we needed anyways without being tied to our room.
We would stay here again if traveling as part of a group and looking for a decent room (if the price was right). If it was just me and the wife would probably spend a little more and stay at a nicer place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Vegas.com, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelPower so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin