“I need to go back!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“I need to go back!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Planet Hollywood took my Vegas virginity and I'm glad it did. Probably the best possible hotel for first stay. Only stayed for 3 nights and then jetted of to Hawaii - so I could have done with a longer stay!

Location is just perfect. Slap bang in the middle of the strip. Had a walgreens and food court next door. Restaurants and a really nice mall within the resort. A great casino (prob my fave out of all the casinos we visited)

We only had the most basic room, and I was very impressed with the room size. Even more so with the bathroom size! Probably the biggest bathroom Ive ever had at a hotel. It featured a large vanity area with sink, bath tub, separate shower cubicle and the toilet was in its own little room.

The bedroom had a large double bed, nice sized television and generous wardrobe space. Our room featured memorabilia from a John Travolta movie that I have never heard of (and still cant remember the name) There was also a good sized safe, plenty of room in there for both our ipads.

The only thing I could have done with is a fridge. To store my drinks and bedtime snacks ;)

We had a better view then I expected - New York, New York and MGM grand were within view.
We were up on floor 19. I expected long waits for elevators but they were always really quick!

I'm a big Britney fan so loved the pictures of her plastered everywhere (due to her upcoming residency) Will come next year for sure to see her show.

The only way this hotel could get 5 stars from me would be to remove the resort fee. We didnt use the Wi-Fi that much, never used the gym or phone.

We did get a coupon for starbucks which was great. $9 credit for breakfast everyday.

Would recommend this hotel to friends, family and anyone else!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,088)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed the experience very much. I found the staff were welcoming and friendly. The restaurants are good but a bit pricey especially Gordon Ramsey's BurGR for what you got. The Casino is huge, as are all of them in Vegas. My daughter had to change rooms because the bathroom hot water service was not working and the second room was better for them. All in all not too bad but not excellent by any means.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room overlooking the Strip if you can.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
northern Virginia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Thanks to all the Trip Advisor reviews, I knew to ask for a Resort View at check-in. Arriving very late only Hollywood Hip rooms were available but the clerk told me to check back in the morning. The Hollywood Hip was okay, but with only one window, felt a bit claustrophobic even though the rooms are okay and the baths quite large with separate shower, tub, and toilet room.

The next day a couple of calls resulted in a transfer to a Resort View. And wow, what a difference that extra 100 sq. ft made. Wider foyer, two vanities, two club chairs instead of one, two windows instead of one. The front desk personnel couldn't have been nicer. Both style rooms have a armoire and not a true closet.

I can understand some complaints about the TVs. It takes a long time for the picture, and pushing the power button on the set doesn't work (or maybe my patience gave out), needed to use the remote. Nice large Panasonic flat screen television.

The shuttle from the airport lets off on the lower lobby level, so check-in is easy. Pick-ups for taxis and limos in this same area. Nice not to fight with the Las Vegas Blvd traffic, as they can exit directly to Harmon Ave. Our friends who drove were delighted with the free garage, and walking thru the Miracle Shops wasn't really too bad.

The hotel filters cigarette smoke better than average. I'd go back. Although the rooms are ready for updating, every day I saw maintenance staff cleaning spots off the hallway carpets, shampooing it, and taking care of general items. Impressive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Planet Hollywood never fails to impress. Love coming to this hotel when in Vegas. It's central, modern and fun. My only issue is the single device WiFi. I'm happy to pay for WiFi but hate not being able to share it between my laptop and phone

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just returned from a stay at PH this past weekend. Was with a group of friends so really didn't spend much time in the room. The room was OK but could use updating, especially the mattress. Planet Dailies is the casual restaurant/coffee shop at this location and usually pretty good, this time the service was consistently terrible. Have to say the front desk was also poorly staffed and somewhat uninterested. I've probably stayed at this location about 6-8 times and there was no welcome to me as a return guest. The reasons to stay here are location and price, so as long as the rates stay lower than other options it's a decent option. But they really could stand to step up their game.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at Planet Hollywood for 3 nights----I was in Vegas to play in a Ceasars sponsored Poker Tournament----This is my 4th time to stay at Planet Hollywood----It is a great place---always very clean, great poker room---great food---and very close to shops---I highly recommend staying there--YOU will be VERY PLEASED

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank michael h
Tucson
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Couldn't be more happy with my recent stay at Planet Hollywood. The $20 trick did work at the front desk, got upgraded from a Hollywood Hip to a Resort room with a Strip view. Spice Market Buffet was very good. I got the 24 hour pass, so I had breakfast and dinner there, both times I visited they had great selections. Earl of Sandwich was my late night stop for a midnight snack, very tasty sandwiches. There's an ABC store in the Miracle Mile shops, so swing by If you need water to help with a hangover, $.99 for a liter and no sales tax! Housekeeping was very accommodating and was thorough when cleaning and changing linens. If I had to make one complaint, it would be the cocktail waitresses on the casino floor were slow to return after taking my orders, and the drinks weren't as cold as I would have liked, but that might be a result of the volume of people they had to serve. I felt like I didn't need to leave PH at all during my stay, but if you want to, the hotel is in a very central location on the Strip. Overall, I can't recommend Planet Hollywood enough, great hotel and great staff.

• Stayed October 2013