Have been to Vegas several times over 2 decades. Planet Hollywood was very nice. Renovated from another hotel 7 yrs ago it looks are pleasing, our room was spacious like a suite, found restaurant better than buffet-great selection, good prices and tastes awesome.
Found Vegas itself very disappointing. If your hotel is on strip, insist your cab drive you on strip to hotel. Men keep your hands in pockets where your valuables are. Time share cons are worse than Mexico-nothing for free-their 2 hr speech was 4 hrs even when we said financially we couldn't afford.
Didn't know why cabbies were laughing outside McCarren airport when our Canadian charter arrived. We stupidly believed driver when he said freeway was faster-it's not it bows way out-takes longer and costs $6-8 more than cab on strip. When leaving we took cab at planet Hollywood hotel lineup. Driver so ignorant he dropped us off at wrong end of airport; was it on purpose-all know where to pick up international tourists, but not to drop off? We had to walk quite distance to international section airport
Be careful walking off the strip when getting dark. Take cab it's about $5. At 3:45pm walked east to hard rock hotel. Map shows 2 blocks its more like a mile. Area is not safe when dark; when I arrived at hard rock gift shop (outside hotel) it was dark out and hotel staff advised me to take cab back to strip.
Found great store for tourist shopping on strip near McDonald's/MGM. North outlet mall better than south one.
Fremont street was beautiful.
Note ABC The Lookout sept 6/13 confirmed what we learned last dec.
Summary, you'll have a good time if you are wary that Vegas has changed. Tourist trap doesn't encompass all
Going to Mexico this December
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin