“First time”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“First time”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Vegas many many times but this was my first stay at PH. It was better than I expected. My room was large and pretty clean. One pillow case and towel did have a stain. The bed was comfortable and I had a great view. Overall the noise leve in my room l was low except Sunday night when everyone came back after being out all night. The hotel is located near everything so you can walk without a problem. It was over 100 degrees while I was here so I didn't really want to walk too much.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
College Station, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Check in was really quick and easy. Didn't get a strip view however. That would have been $20-$50 extra dollars a day. So we ended up with a view of the top of some round building and the backs of others :(
The room was clean and roomy. The bathroom was quite spacious with a separate shower and tub. We really loved the separate room for the toilet.
Really nice to have the hotel room, casino, and mall all in one place. It would have been nice to have the parking a bit closer though. So unless you do valet parking, you'll be walking (and walking) to your vehicle (self-park).
Great location. We're right in the middle of everything. Walking distance to many other casinos and the 24 hour food court.
What would make this hotel the absolute best is if it had a microwave and refrigerator in the room!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The title spells it out....nothing specific to complain about....the property is just average. The service was good, people were friendly, atmosphere was good, just missing something I can't put my finger on. The rooms are in need of an update and a good cleaning. The common areas also need cleaning on a regular schedule. I will stay at a different property next time in Vegas.

San Diego, California
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went to Planet H. for a buddy's bachelor party. We were promised a suite, but got bumped at the last minute for a supposed VIP. So, we had to split into multiple rooms. Cabana was comped, but pretty weak. "Adult" pool was crowded but OK. The hotel's a little old, nothing special. Overall, a disappointing trip.

Room Tip: What does it matter? They'll change on you anyway!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I read the reviews about the customer service and I didnt find this situation. But I did find oddly designed, grungy rooms, outdated and peeling. A TV that no one could watch because it was beside the 1st bed and by the bottom. It was like it was thrown in later. While I did not see the bedbugs, I am sure they had ownership in that hotel somewhere. Its time for them to redo this hotel, I am hoping it is the next one to be torn down. I was there for work and thus stayed at that hotel. I frequent Vegas and have come to expect a certain level of luxury or something close. Planet Hollywood, you guys are missing the mark.....BIG TIME!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
bcombcool
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It wasn't planned that we were going to stay at PH but, once booked we said what the H, we hadn't stayed there before. I hate that I have to write this review and realize I am not 25 any more! It is definitely a younger person's place. Nothing to complain about. We were there during the brutal heat of the beginning of July. Its the last time I hit LV in the middle of summer! The room was clean, faced away from the strip but, never noticed any noise from what other people have mentioned. The only food we ate on site was the Earl of Sandwich, which was good value for the money. We avoided the busy times keeping to eastern time but, it had huge line-ups at breaky and lunch. We went up to visit the main pool and this is where I wish I was a little younger and a little more pumped:) It actually struck me as not the most hygenic place in the world as is was body to body in there. I guess that is age again:( Didn't see any of the crazy stuff that I have heard about but, it was difficult to tell! Family pool was quieter but, I don't think that is the market here.

Outside of a few dollars we didn't gamble at PH and went to a few regular spots on the strip. I didn't find anything bad about the casino, just for whatever reason...

Check in was fine but, I also didn't arrive until @ midnight. I have heard bad stories. Bed was fine.

Its a good location close to the centre of the strip with the Walgreens downstairs which is great for everything. My preference at this age and at that price point would be more Mirage and Monte Carlo.

Room Tip: had a great sunrise from our window...facing east
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel has a great location right in the center of the action in Vegas. The pools are okay, not really the type you can stay and enjoy as they are small. When we arrived our first room smelled of vomit (with dirty towels on the floor in the bathroom) and had a carpet dryer in it. When we complained and moved rooms, they put us in a smaller room with a terrible view. The staff never apologized and in fact made us feel bad about saying anything about our first room.