“Hip, nice, good price”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #61 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Vegas for work often and usually mix a few leisure stays in as well. I'm very loyal to Planet Hollywood. Great location on the strip. I usually walk anywhere I want to go. Rooms are big and nice. Rates are always great. Fun hip atmosphere in the casino. Great place to stay overall.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Lush21

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Check in was super slow. Staff unhelpful. Charged a resort fee for what?!? This hotel is in need of refurbishment. Pool area was filthy with used towels piled up everywhere. Beds were saggy. Never could get the room cool enough. Only wish I had taken pictures to show what I saw. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank michellekeat
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for work as we had a conference here. For starters, PH is very conveniently located. Finding the place if you're driving can be a pain, however - it took my boss 45 minutes just trying to figure out where to drive in for the lobby!

The lobby itself is not much to speak about -- hardly any place to sit, unless you think three very small benches is adequate. The check in staff were pleasant enough. Curbside staff were helpful.

Room-wise, it is pretty dark. Unless you are staying in one of the suites -- we did have a party in one of those which had a fantastic view. http://www.yelp.com/biz_… The pillows are uncomfortably high. If you don't like firm pillows, you should bring your own, or roll up some towels. There is a small coffee maker, no fridge, I had to call up a hairdryer, but overall apart from the loud revelers who thought yelling at 3:00 am is acceptable right outside someone's room, it was a quiet room on the 12th floor.

Conference facilities are on the mezzanine level where the Chapel is. Lots of weddings going on while I was there. In general, the conference food was good. It is expensive though! I suppose that's the case with most hotels on The Strip. For instance, I had to order wine & cheese for a workshop I was putting on. Get this, a baked brie for 25 people runs about $225.00, not including tax & gratuity. Ouch.

WiFi is not free -- I believe it is $15 a day per device? Didn't bother checking out the gym, also heard that is not free. Nothing is!

Despite the downside, I liked it. I had stayed at Bally's before which was a bit of a blah experience for me. This was the opposite. Loved the crystal lighting throughout.

You do have the convenience of the Miracle Mile shops which is nice - don't even have to set food outside! There is also a PF Chang's in the casino area and a Starbucks. The Miss America pageant was going on while I was there which made for an interesting scene! (The guys really liked seeing them for the swimsuit photo shoot at the pool.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank imatifster

DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE WE DID
I stayed here over the past weekend with my wife and a group of friends. When we checked out there was a charge on our room that neither my wife or I approved or knew about. I called the front desk and waited for over 20 minutes for anyone to answer only to be told they could not help and would transfer me to the Spice market Buffet where the charge was from. When they transferred me it was a dead line. NOT COOL!! called the front desk back, waited again, this time the took my phone number and said they would call me back. When they did call me back they just said that the charge was valid and that they could do nothing about it. I explained that i had signed nothing stating that there would be any charge to my room above the $200 credit on the room. I also explained that our room was never cleaned on Saturday. I was again advised that someone would call me back. They did call me back and state that they would refund another party of our group to "make it right". Not really sure how this helps me out at all. Bottom line is no refund has been issued and the additional charge to my card was done fraudulently! Planet Hollywood please call me and make this right!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ghursh
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have stayed at Planet multiple times now and we love it! We always go around Thanksgiving and is usually my dad (54), my mom (52), my brother (25), his girlfriend (24) and myself (24). Our dog, Buddy, (golden retriever) joins us too since Planet is pet-friendly.

My mom is a Seven Stars members so we enjoy extra perks including an outstanding view of Paris and the Bellagio fountains. This past time we were in the Marilyn Monroe room. Buddy gets a pet friendly room that is beautiful with a great view as well. It is wonderful he is able to travel with us as we consider him an integral part of the family!

The food is always great. We love stopping at Earl of Sandwich in the mornings or late at night for a quick delicious sandwich. Yolös is a tasty fresh-mex place. Loved their qeuso dip! Of course Planet Dailies hits the spot as it has a little bit of everything. We pig out every one and a while at the buffet which is what you'd expect. I prefer a meal at the other restaurants they offer.

Gaming is great. My mom plays video poker and has had luck. Us younger ones love Craps and War (which we can only find at PH). Dad usually people-watches and does some Roulette bets when the "tables are speaking to him".

Since we go during the fall, we don't visit the pool. The Miracle Shops offer a variety of nice things although I typically don't shop. Sometimes we check out any Black Friday specials offered in the stores.

The vibe of Planet is definitely younger. The facility is very clean. Always a lot of activity going on! Easy to walk to other hotels along the strip, quick to get to the public transportation to go to Fremont Street.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aimee L
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I travel on business a great deal and stay in a number of properties. Unfortunately, our company was attending a conference that was being hosted at Planet Hollywood and I choose to stay at this filthy hotel. I was called a "faggot" by the hotel pool security because I wasn't interested in the working girls services by the pool and subjected to rude hotel personnel whose attitude was one of indifference regarding the situation. It doesn't matter where you are in the hotel you will be able to smell stale cigarette smoke throughout because the hotel allows smoking in the hallways, even on non smoking floors. Finally, if you are so unfortunate to be overlooking the pool/fountains you will be subjected to constant thumping music that shakes the building from sun up to sun down. If you must visit Las Vegas, please do yourself a favor and stay ANYWHERE other than this filthy pit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TLMD
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Check in was fast but they charge $15 to check in early. Elevators are slow. There were 2 times where we waited 10 minutes for an elevator then decided to take the stairs from the pool floor (6) to our floor (20). Rooms were alright but nothing special. There was a wet spot beside the bed and the bed comforter looked like it had not been washed in a while. The hotel is in a great location, lots of pubs and restaurants and close to all the action. This is definetly a party hotel. We have stayed at Ceasers Palace, Paris and TI which we found to have better rooms and a lot cleaner. Overall we did enjoy our stay, friendly staff and good AC , but won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade.