“Discrimination, rude and filthy smoke filled complex”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #63 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I travel on business a great deal and stay in a number of properties. Unfortunately, our company was attending a conference that was being hosted at Planet Hollywood and I choose to stay at this filthy hotel. I was called a "faggot" by the hotel pool security because I wasn't interested in the working girls services by the pool and subjected to rude hotel personnel whose attitude was one of indifference regarding the situation. It doesn't matter where you are in the hotel you will be able to smell stale cigarette smoke throughout because the hotel allows smoking in the hallways, even on non smoking floors. Finally, if you are so unfortunate to be overlooking the pool/fountains you will be subjected to constant thumping music that shakes the building from sun up to sun down. If you must visit Las Vegas, please do yourself a favor and stay ANYWHERE other than this filthy pit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TLMD
There are newer reviews for Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Check in was fast but they charge $15 to check in early. Elevators are slow. There were 2 times where we waited 10 minutes for an elevator then decided to take the stairs from the pool floor (6) to our floor (20). Rooms were alright but nothing special. There was a wet spot beside the bed and the bed comforter looked like it had not been washed in a while. The hotel is in a great location, lots of pubs and restaurants and close to all the action. This is definetly a party hotel. We have stayed at Ceasers Palace, Paris and TI which we found to have better rooms and a lot cleaner. Overall we did enjoy our stay, friendly staff and good AC , but won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Reeko25
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference and was very pleased. I love the atmosphere of the casino, great mall and great location on the strip. Bathrooms are huge and nice/clean. My only complaint would be that the hot water did not last long in the shower.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My mom and I arrived back to my favorite resort this June and I was alarmed to find blood in the bathroom on the wallpaper and also in the living room by the desk on the wall. I put my purse in the closet and a puff of dust flew out when it landed on the bottom of the wardrobe. I took a closer look and I couldn't believe how thick the dust layer was in there. I then began inspecting and realized it was dusty through the entire room. The carpet had a fresh red wine stain on it, the size of a baseball, between our beds by the night table. Our thoughts went to "if they don't clean the obvious surface areas, what is hiding in the hidden areas". I wore my flip flops on the carpet at all times. The room would have been really nice if it was cleaner. We had an upgraded strip view room, so I wish it was clean. After the first day, I woke up with red eyes and sneezing like crazy. My mom phoned down and asked housekeeping to come up to dust and clean the blood off the wall. When the housekeeper came up, she said "I can't touch blood, feces or any body fluids, so I need to ask someone else to come up and wash it off the walls". I guess that explained why the blood wasn't removed before we arrived! So, we left while she was in the room and when we came back late at night, the blood stains were still all over the two walls. It was so gross to look at, and it looked so sticky and thick sitting on the wallpaper...we wanted it gone. My mom phoned down on day 3, to ask them again to wash the blood off the two walls and finally, someone came up with lumenol spray and some other chemical to disolve the blood off the walls. Unfortunately, he confirmed there was also blood on the bathroom door (the one for the toilet), which we never noticed, by were probably touching! Then, he pointed out that there was a washed up blood stain on the carpet, by the blood stain on the wall which wasn't cleaned (he cleaned it though). Sure enough, we look closely and see a huge faded blood stain on the carpet. He then also cleaned the wine stain by the beds. The room still wasn't dusted after 2 requests to have it dusted. I think the housekeeping team needs to wipe down everything, because a nice room becomes not so nice at all when it is dirty like that. I am hoping we just had bad luck and it will be different next time. I love the casino and hotel staff though....and the vibe and environment in PH is always great. Will be going back in October...will request a blood free room! Maybe I will bring my own windex too just in case :D

Room Tip: Well, I had an upgraded room and mine was very dirty...so just cross your fingers, I guess!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 9999jm
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately this was my fifth time in Vegas and I usually stay between 7 and 14 days...(too long I know) this was my first time in planet Hollywood and it isn't much cheaper than others on the strip but I didn't book it so it wasnt my choice.
Cons
The rooms are very very dark. They rarely get cleaned. Windows are the size of a prison window and if the bulbs don't work (which 4/6 of ours didnt) then expect to not enjoy the minimal time u will be in the room. The casino is very small.
Pros. Service was good and everyone is friendly but they always are in Vegas because they want ur money. They upgraded our room when we gave the check in receptionist some money to a fountain view room!!!!! Was appreciated but now I'm wondering what dungeon I would have been in if it not for that.
Not a snob in the slightest. I've stayed in hovels and been happy because u get what u pay. But my point is u can pay a negligible bit more and actually stay somewhere that is thousands of times better.
Sorry PH but I won't return.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from a week in Vegas and had an amazing time. It was our first time in Vegas so opted for a central hotel.

Check in took about 20 Minutes and we had to pay $20 to check in early - Our flight landed an earlier but didn't mind paying this, just wanted to get to our room and get out! We had a room on the 10th floor, Hollywood Hip Room. Really good size room, bathroom huge. Kept clean, only grumble was no fridge. Would have been nice to have this, we could have paid extra for it but didn't see the point.

Hotel itself we loved, spent a lot of time in the Heart Bar on 2for1 Coronas! Earl of Sandwich was fab and the 24 hour Starbucks doesn't go a miss!Loved the location of it, we had a choice of which side of the strip to go to each day.

We ate at Burgr twice which was really good food. Having Miracle Mile attached was a bonus too, very hot whilst we were there so nice to get out of the heat for a spot of shopping! We also went to see Peepshow whilst staying there which was okay, but wouldn't see again. Much better shows on the strip for your money.

Check out was super fast, less than 5 minutes! Had a fab stay and would recommend to all family and friends. Wont be our last visit!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tiger55
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived at around 10:00 at night and were informed that they ran out of regular rooms. We were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. This was a wonderful surprise! The suite had two bathrooms, a living room, dining area, kitchenette and nice sized king bedroom. The room was quiet and we slept great. We enjoyed the panoramic views of Paris. The central strip location was perfect to getting wherever we wanted on foot. The Walgreens nearby was handy to get snacks and pick up what we forgot to bring.

On to the bad:
Yes, the parking is very far away. Walking through the mall gets really, really old when you've been on your feet all day. But you really can't beat this central strip location, so a 10 minute trip to the car was not the end of the world. Parking does fill up in the evenings, but we never had trouble getting a spot. We found navigating to the check in desk to be super confusing, they could really have better signage. The elevators to the hotel are hidden on the casino floor, also not the most fun to find! Took us a week to really get our bearings.

The memorabilia in the rooms is definitely creepy. Especially the cases that are lit up. Glad we found the switch to turn those off!

Housekeeping was a bit aggressive. They were knocking our door down at 9 AM and just let themselves right in. When we said to come back later, they came in again maybe 30 minutes later. I'm glad they were excited to come clean our room, but wish they would have come a little later.

All and all we found this hotel to be an excellent value in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple