“Still love Planet Hollywood, but room was very dirty and splashed with blood!”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #69 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Still love Planet Hollywood, but room was very dirty and splashed with blood!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My mom and I arrived back to my favorite resort this June and I was alarmed to find blood in the bathroom on the wallpaper and also in the living room by the desk on the wall. I put my purse in the closet and a puff of dust flew out when it landed on the bottom of the wardrobe. I took a closer look and I couldn't believe how thick the dust layer was in there. I then began inspecting and realized it was dusty through the entire room. The carpet had a fresh red wine stain on it, the size of a baseball, between our beds by the night table. Our thoughts went to "if they don't clean the obvious surface areas, what is hiding in the hidden areas". I wore my flip flops on the carpet at all times. The room would have been really nice if it was cleaner. We had an upgraded strip view room, so I wish it was clean. After the first day, I woke up with red eyes and sneezing like crazy. My mom phoned down and asked housekeeping to come up to dust and clean the blood off the wall. When the housekeeper came up, she said "I can't touch blood, feces or any body fluids, so I need to ask someone else to come up and wash it off the walls". I guess that explained why the blood wasn't removed before we arrived! So, we left while she was in the room and when we came back late at night, the blood stains were still all over the two walls. It was so gross to look at, and it looked so sticky and thick sitting on the wallpaper...we wanted it gone. My mom phoned down on day 3, to ask them again to wash the blood off the two walls and finally, someone came up with lumenol spray and some other chemical to disolve the blood off the walls. Unfortunately, he confirmed there was also blood on the bathroom door (the one for the toilet), which we never noticed, by were probably touching! Then, he pointed out that there was a washed up blood stain on the carpet, by the blood stain on the wall which wasn't cleaned (he cleaned it though). Sure enough, we look closely and see a huge faded blood stain on the carpet. He then also cleaned the wine stain by the beds. The room still wasn't dusted after 2 requests to have it dusted. I think the housekeeping team needs to wipe down everything, because a nice room becomes not so nice at all when it is dirty like that. I am hoping we just had bad luck and it will be different next time. I love the casino and hotel staff though....and the vibe and environment in PH is always great. Will be going back in October...will request a blood free room! Maybe I will bring my own windex too just in case :D

Room Tip: Well, I had an upgraded room and mine was very dirty...so just cross your fingers, I guess!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 9999jm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester England
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately this was my fifth time in Vegas and I usually stay between 7 and 14 days...(too long I know) this was my first time in planet Hollywood and it isn't much cheaper than others on the strip but I didn't book it so it wasnt my choice.
Cons
The rooms are very very dark. They rarely get cleaned. Windows are the size of a prison window and if the bulbs don't work (which 4/6 of ours didnt) then expect to not enjoy the minimal time u will be in the room. The casino is very small.
Pros. Service was good and everyone is friendly but they always are in Vegas because they want ur money. They upgraded our room when we gave the check in receptionist some money to a fountain view room!!!!! Was appreciated but now I'm wondering what dungeon I would have been in if it not for that.
Not a snob in the slightest. I've stayed in hovels and been happy because u get what u pay. But my point is u can pay a negligible bit more and actually stay somewhere that is thousands of times better.
Sorry PH but I won't return.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chris S
West Yorkshire
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from a week in Vegas and had an amazing time. It was our first time in Vegas so opted for a central hotel.

Check in took about 20 Minutes and we had to pay $20 to check in early - Our flight landed an earlier but didn't mind paying this, just wanted to get to our room and get out! We had a room on the 10th floor, Hollywood Hip Room. Really good size room, bathroom huge. Kept clean, only grumble was no fridge. Would have been nice to have this, we could have paid extra for it but didn't see the point.

Hotel itself we loved, spent a lot of time in the Heart Bar on 2for1 Coronas! Earl of Sandwich was fab and the 24 hour Starbucks doesn't go a miss!Loved the location of it, we had a choice of which side of the strip to go to each day.

We ate at Burgr twice which was really good food. Having Miracle Mile attached was a bonus too, very hot whilst we were there so nice to get out of the heat for a spot of shopping! We also went to see Peepshow whilst staying there which was okay, but wouldn't see again. Much better shows on the strip for your money.

Check out was super fast, less than 5 minutes! Had a fab stay and would recommend to all family and friends. Wont be our last visit!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tiger55
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived at around 10:00 at night and were informed that they ran out of regular rooms. We were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. This was a wonderful surprise! The suite had two bathrooms, a living room, dining area, kitchenette and nice sized king bedroom. The room was quiet and we slept great. We enjoyed the panoramic views of Paris. The central strip location was perfect to getting wherever we wanted on foot. The Walgreens nearby was handy to get snacks and pick up what we forgot to bring.

On to the bad:
Yes, the parking is very far away. Walking through the mall gets really, really old when you've been on your feet all day. But you really can't beat this central strip location, so a 10 minute trip to the car was not the end of the world. Parking does fill up in the evenings, but we never had trouble getting a spot. We found navigating to the check in desk to be super confusing, they could really have better signage. The elevators to the hotel are hidden on the casino floor, also not the most fun to find! Took us a week to really get our bearings.

The memorabilia in the rooms is definitely creepy. Especially the cases that are lit up. Glad we found the switch to turn those off!

Housekeeping was a bit aggressive. They were knocking our door down at 9 AM and just let themselves right in. When we said to come back later, they came in again maybe 30 minutes later. I'm glad they were excited to come clean our room, but wish they would have come a little later.

All and all we found this hotel to be an excellent value in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been in this hotel 1 night and already feel like leaving. Our booking said B/fast included but when I checked in they gave me $9 starbucks per day (which would only buy me a coffee). I complained about this to the front dest staff and not only were they rude and totally unwilling to help but the manager was too (Vicky Robinson). I was totally disgusted at how they spoke to me and treated me. I asked why they couldnt give me breakfast in the hotel instead and they said they could but they were not going to! I was left in tears....and wanted to leave this horrible place. It seems the customer service here is non existant unless you are staying in the penthouse or spend hundreds of thousands at the casino. Surprise surprise.....I suggest you book elswhere if you want to be looked after.

Room Tip: Dont book here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leila-manchester
Berkley, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The check in and out process is slow with long lines. The casino area is very confusing and dark. The signs are hidden behind pillars or escalators. I got turned around every time I went downstairs and I've stayed here twice now for work. The rooms are ok, spacious, but are getting dated now. My room was very quiet which was nice. However other people who's room was by the pool said it was noisy. The hotel air somehow always seems stale here. The one good thing is BurGR. It's a great place to eat and they even have a vegetarian option. To avoid the long line, sit at the bar. Try the truffle fries. The pool is ok in the morning, but at 9AM they start with the really bad club music and it goes all day at a really high volume. I was sitting at the pool relaxing in the early morning and when they turned on that crap I was like really? They should push back the music time til 11am and let people get some quiet time in the morning. Most people, even the party goers, don't want to hear Lady Gaga that early. The good thing about this hotel is it's location to the other nicer hotels like Cosmopolitan, Bellagio and Aria. Also, next door in Paris is a great cafe to go to for breakfast, Mon Ami Gabi. Great crepes. If I had to stay here on my own, I wouldn't. I'd stay over at Aria or Cosmopolitan. This place was just "meh".

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool, the music will travel up and you will hear it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sheri K
YELLOWKNIFE
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in was quick and easy! Service was great! Requested a strip view on a high floor and got it! Room/furniture was VERY worn and beat up. Room was cleaned daily and location was great.
Walls were very thin, we could hear our neighbours clearly.

Not sure that I'd stay again though..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple