“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is the closest we've been to the center of all the action - in the past we've stayed at hotels that were on the outer limits of the Strip. It was nice to be so close to everything!

The hotel room was clean; the staff was super polite and friendly; it's a great place to crash after a busy day of sightseeing!

Would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Frank C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,888)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peoria, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed with my wife on 6/9/13 & 6/10/13. Was extremely disappointed room had a hole in the wall next to the door. The room had 3 lights out one bedside light and 2 of the memorabilia lights. There was no roomservice menu book, so I called for one but it was never delivered. The pool closes at 7pm everyday (EVEN WHEN IT IS STILL OVER 100 DEGREES AT 7PM). This is what you pay a 20.00/night resort fee for. Played in A 70.00 entry no limit texas holdem tournament in which there were 22 entries for a total of 1540.00 worth of entries paid, they paid only 1st place which happened to be myself, a total of 1122.00 which means they raked 418.00 from the entries(seems a little high to me). The morning of the 11th after checkout my wife and inlaws decide to go to planet dailies, only my wife ate and the rest of us had drinks. The restaurant was not busy and we received the absolute worst service ever. with only one meal ordered at the table when it was delivered there was no flatwear presented, we waited 5 minutes as the food got cold and then had to flag down another waitress to get some as ours nowhere to be found. we then again had to flag down another server to get out drinks refreshed the other server found our server and she came out and refilled the iced teas and coffee but served us warm tea and said she would be right back with ice that took another 7 min. I did advise the manager after our meal was done he was VERY appoligetic and very nice but the damage was done. The only thing that was good was the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kevin E
Bethel, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked my Vegas trip thru JetBlue packages in Feb 2013 was very happy with flight times and wanted to give PH a try! Upon check in I was informed that in March 2013 a resort fee had been added- if I wanted to check into my pre paid room I would have to pay another 135.00. (we have used jet blue Vegas vacation before and stayed at Bellagio - that resort fee was stated up front on my booking Pw and was to be paid at time of check in) After showing all my paperwork to the front desk clerk who agreed with me that i booked befor the new fee was added and there was nothing stated in my pw! after a bit of a wait was handed over to the front desk manager Roberto- there was nothing he or PH would do!! pay the fees or be out of luck! I paid to get over it and get my vacation started! I was very surprised not even a compted drink or breakfast! Nothing!! Our room had a great view of the strip- bathroom was very clean- only issue was the dust on the wall unit- wrote DUST Me in the dust on first day- it was still there on day 6! I wiped down the unit where we would be using with a wet towel and it stayed clean all week! The casino staff at Extra lounge were excellent enjoyed a few late night drinks there! Spice market has a great buffet! Loved the pool area!! In whole we had a great time and enjoyed Ph! But we always have a good time!! It''s the details PH missed on!

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a good stay at Planet Hollywood, more for the company we were with than the resort, took a much needed no kids trip for our friends anniversary. The location was ideal in the middle of the strip. Buffet...ehh, PF Changs ehhh, liked Earl of sandwich great food and value, did win some money, that was a plus. Miracle Mile shops were great and Pinks Hot Dogs out from was phenom. Liked that there was a Walgreens next door for incidentals. Americas Got Takent filming there so had some celeb sightings. Spa services were great, loved Patrice & Jenny. Pool was not good, would have spent much more time there if it were better. There is a party pool on one side where you have to purchase chairs, a quieter pool on the other side with very limited seating, both pools were comparable to a community/public park pool, nothing resort like at all. in the middle of the two pools was a large comparable to a parking lot area with all chairs and no shade or way to keep cool at all, you would have to walk a distance to either pool to cool off. Pool definitely was a downer. Also $14.95 for daily interneyt is a scam. Not a bad stay, all in all a great vacation but prob would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am not the age bracket that this resort is geared for (75) but I enjoyed staying there.
The service was great. the rooms are very large and interesting for help . Everyone we talked to and had a question for or a request for help were helpful.
I was not impressed with girls dancing in The Pleasure Pit. They had no life in their eyes. I am not a prude but I think this is very demeaning

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane K
surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ive stayed here a few times, and its a nice mid range hotel, with great access to shops, bars and restaurants situated within the Miracle Mile.
It does smell smokier than other hotels I have stayed at in Las Vegas, but thats not a major issue.
The rooms are starting to look a little tired, but they are very spacious (not a lot of storage though) and the views over the fountains are great.
If you get a good deal, this is a great value hotel, and is well placed to explore the other casinos at night.
I have eaten at the buffet, and again, if you get a really good deal, then its fine, but the food isnt brilliant quality. The servers are lovely though!!
Amenities are non brand, but the spa baths are really nice and bathrooms are huge.
Also, the starbucks is 24 hours and gives free wifi, which is great when you are struggling with jet lag.
Would stay again if my budget dictated.

Room Tip: Overlooking the fountains is great Overlooking the parking lot and the roof of the Miracle Mile sho...