“Memorial Day Weekend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Memorial Day Weekend”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here once again, this time with my girlfriend at the time. We got booked under her name as she is diamond status, and the front desk people were so very nice and friendly. I do not recall their names. We checked in may 23rd after 4pm. The room we got was very nice and lots of space, the only issue we had was our tv was not working. The maintenance man came right up and fixed the issue. The reason we came to Vegas (on the busiest weekend in Vegas) was for the UFC 160 fight. The only issue I had were the pillows. They were to big and uncomfortable, but besides that the stay was amazing. We stayed three nights and everyone we encountered was very nice. I would recommend this hotel to any travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed at Planet Hollywood in June 2013. Haven't been on a vacation for 20 years! Our last night in Vegas discovered all the souvenirs we bought for our kids were stolen from our room! Ridiculous. Who wants $60 worth of t-shirts, hats, trinkets? What a dumb thing to steal! Most disappointing that Planet Hollywood barely addresses the situation. Would never recommend or stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Danville, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

@planethollywood for a conference. The setting is awesome and the gym is descent. The spa is ok, the jacuzzi was broken the area was clean but the quiet room was ok with mini cans of juice. Felt like I was in my kindergarten drinking mini drinks poring into styrofoam cups. For $25 a day not worth it. If I paid the $20 day resort fee would be better but than I would be paying for 3 days when I only used it once. This is my 2nd time at Planet Hollywood. I like the hotel. The rooms are nice and comfortable and the decor is nice. The bathroom has good shampoo, conditioner etc. I used the iron and that was good. It has a safe which is a must. I'm not happy with this new policy if only able to connect one wifi device to the internet unless you pay a resort fee for a 2nd device. I checked out the pool area it was hot, no real service and ok setting. They had card tables under a canopy. What a waste, if you are at a pool Your not going to gamble. The restaurants are good to ok if you want cheap dont eat here unless you hit the buffet. The Daily has poor service. BUGR is great. The hotel charges for items that others don't such as printing out boarding pass, housekeeping, checking in early, spa, and gym.

Non the less it is a good place to host your event. This way you can get them to waive some fees. In glad I'm here but would not go here for myself. 2nd conference and that is their strength.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

First off I jus wanna say I used to like this hotel it's been the third time I have stayed. Used to get some discounts since my uncle worked security since it was the Aladdin. He passed last year and for my honeymoon and in memory of him I wanted to stay there again even without a discount. So anyway we check out on the 25th of may and when we got home we found a charge on our card. Called the hotel and they stated it was room service. Here is the facts we checked out at 10 in the morning the charge was at 5pm the signature looks nothing like mine and they're still accusing me. At 5pm we was in the MGM watching UFC 160. So how the hell did I order and sign for room service. Thanks for the last memory of our honeymoon!! And sorry uncle never staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Browne808
Addison, Il
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed from May 16th thru the 18th and it couldn't have been nicer. the room were very large with two floor to ceiling windows and comfy beds. The bathroom was very nice with his and hers sinks and was well lit. The Spice Market buffet is still very good been going to it for many years and as always Earl of Sandwich food is great for a decent price by Vegas standards. The gambling was not good on this trip nothing was paying anywhere. Lots of construction from the Quad towards MGM and Tropicana and there is a lot of up and down and down and across on escalators and ramps in that area I guess the days of walking down the strip from one end to the other are over but back to the review of Planet Hollywood it's still a nice resort and the location is great. The whole staff from front line employees to food servers and bell men were friendly. use your Harrah's card when gambling to add up comps. Harrah's is very generous with meals and free rooms. If you want the big time bells and whistles stay somewhere else if you want a clean room at a good price and the ambiance do stay here Can't wait to re-visit in the spring
LuckyLinda
Chicago,Il

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank luckylinda
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here once and we will be back. Great location in the middle of the strip. If you wanted had loads of shops and bars to walk round in the mile long shopping centre attached to the hotel. Room was fine comfortable beds, big bath for a nice soak. All rooms had a movie theme. Took a while to remember we're our room was as such a big hotel but he same in most of the Vegas hotels. Funky music playing on the casino floor. When we come back we will be stopping here again. The staff were all friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sf0rd
leawood, kansas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here June 5-9. Had Panorama suite on 25th floor. Nice suite layout, spacious, but alot of lights out, chipped paint and chipped wall corners; sliding doors needed fixed, etc. Fitness room equipment dated....and be nice if it was open an hour longer on each end(open and closing times). Exercise bike was broke all week.
Hallway carpet torn at seams in some areas. You can tell that they have delayed maintenance.

Very nice front desk staff, very nice hotel limo drivers. Food in Daily planet very goo, but $6 for small glass of OJ! Highest on strip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business