“Good location, nice hotel”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #65 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Good location, nice hotel”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was my first time going to Vegas and I was really excited to see the hotel after reviewing the pictures. When we came to the hotel, we had found out that Planet Hollywood was being bought out by the Hiltons so they were undergoing changes in staffing and renovations. We were very disappointed since no one from the hotel had informed us of this change. Because of this change, I believe our hotel was slow in business during this time (which made it less fun since we met less people). When we entered our room it was nice but definitely a lot smaller than what we were hoping for and our view was crap (view of the back of buildings).
Pros: clean hotel, maids came frequently, hotel was connected to the mall, modern/classy look, and was very central to the las vegas strip.
Cons: staff are nonexistent, not a busy hotel, no pool party during my visit, waiting for taxis took forever since no taxi driver would go down the steep hill to pick up visitors

I wouldn't stay here again, it was a nice hotel but there are better, such as aria, ceasars, wynn, etc.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Holland, PA, USA
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We spent one night at Planet Hollywood and then we took a Trafalgar tour to the Southwest. We were grateful that they let us check in early thanks to Robert at the front desk. Our room was on the 36th floor. It was okay but the room needed to be updated. The furniture looked worn. They do have a great breakfast buffet and a nice pool area though some of the chaises were broken. The casino is in the middle of the hotel and it is difficult to find your way around the hotel. Signs point one way but when you get there, you still can't find what you were looking for. We were not the only one who felt this way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Second time to stay at this hotel. Hallways a bit tired as are the rooms, but still very clean and also nice to hae cleaners who come around at regular hours and not the crack of dawn like most hotels. You couldn't stay at a better location. Downstairs you have the magnificient mile, an array of shops and restaurants to choose from. Bars, clubs are a stones throw away. When you do venture outside after spending hours shopping :), eating or gambling , you are right in the middle of the strip. The famous Belaggio is across the road, if you are lucky to have a strip view from your room you may even have an amazing view of the famous Belaggio fountains. On in all an excellent hotel. Only downfall is the buffet which charges rediculous prices, the staff will say oh its thesame price everywhere, which is so not true.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Car0l74
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We made reservations to stay here in Feb. 2013...we checked in and could not wait to see our room as they told us they gave us an upgrade. We were more than dissappointed when we opened the door. The room was dark...very dark...it was very small and dirty. It was funky painted furniture...all painted black. Just old and worn out looking. We decided no matter what it cost...we were leaving..lol.. We called Caesars Palace and moved over there...it was wonderful. No complaints at all. Stay away from Planet Hollywood except to gamble. The casino was nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary M
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This used to be my favorite hotel to stay at whenever I came to Vegas, but not anymore! Hotel is dirty, rooms are not up to par and staff are non-existent except at Check-In. I will say when my room request couldn't be honored, they sent up a bed ASAP which I did appreciate. However, with the implementation of resort fees and lack of cleanliness... I will be checking in somewhere else next time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2013

On a whim, my husband and I decided to go to Las Vegas for the weekend this past April. We managed to find a very inexpensive room at Planet Hollywood for $85 on a Thursday night, so naturally we booked right away. It was our first time to stay at Planet Hollywood, but since it is one of our favorite casinos/ shopping areas, we were pretty excited to stay. The room was not particularly fantastic, although the bathroom was pretty great. We least disliked the fact that we ended up on a smoking floor, and we are both non-smokers - so it was kind of smelly. The pool was also underwhelming, as all of the lounge chairs on no where near the pool. The only place to sit near the pool requires you to pay for a cabana or sun bed. However, the casino and shopping areas are FANTASTIC! I don't know that we will stay here again, but we will certainly be back to gamble and shop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had a great night sleep at Planet Hollywood - something not to be taken for granted in Vegas. Loud music and drunken yelling frequently are wake-up calls in the middle of the night. Not this time. There was even a huge wind/rain/thunderstorm that kept many of my associates who stayed in other hotels awake, however I heard nothing. The bed was comfortable, the room spacious, the black out curtains appreciated and the doors blocked hallway sounds.

Unexpected were the items from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" that dotted the room, including a cross bow and a cheerleader outfit. I thought that was fun, and wondered if there might have been an "X-Files" room, one of my favorite TV shows. (My room was 849 for the Buffy fans.)

I loved the huge tub and the nice big desk in the room that was great for working. Something other reviewers posted was noticable to me: some overall wear and tear (scuffed floors, scraped bathroom cabinets, stained carpets in the elevator area.) While somewhat unsightly, the hotel was very clean in most all areas I visited.

What I didn't like: being charged for every extra. The price of this hotel should include the use of the gym (which was pretty minimal overall) and I feel a coffee maker in the room is a nice touch. Best Westerns have complimentary coffee and they are a fraction of the price! I felt lucky to have the one bar of soap I had to share between the shower and the sink.

The gym is included in the "Day Spa" price, their work around to get you to pay extra for that visit. I was the only woman using the gym at the time I visited. The spa was nice but had bottle caps and dirty towels laying around. They did provide juice and coffee but overall, I didn't feel it was worth the extra charge, especially when all I wanted was a morning workout.

All in all, I was happy with my room and it's cleanliness, and the great night sleep, and that's what's most important when traveling on business!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business