The fire alarm went off in the middle of my last night there. I was on the 18th floor and wandered the hallways half asleep looking for the stairs. The problem was all the doors looked the same and all the guest walked right by the fire escape stairs. There were no doors marked "exit" or "stairs" and to add to the confusion, there was a door next to the door for the stairs with a sign that read "Not An Exit" which I discovered the next morning as I left to check out. I spoke to the assistant manager, Vickie, who said she would bring my concerns up at the next meeting which was that morning. I hope something is done because I think it is disaster waiting to happen. Fortunately it was a false alarm but before that was revealed, panic was rising and chaos was erupting. I have vowed to always review the fire escape plan for my hotel room from now on and I hope this review will be of great benefit to others. I do recommend the Planet Hollywood Las Vegas hotel to those looking for a good value in the heart of the strip. Just look up a map of the strip to see all the other resorts, restaurants and shopping areas that are in easy walking distance from this hotel. Planet Hollywood Las Vegas does also have its own selection of great restaurants as well as their Miracle Mile shops. Just keep in mind that this is not a high end resort and most guests/visitors are the twenty-something crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin