Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
  • Pool
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)
Jockey Club(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
22,888 results
All reviewsearl of sandwichthe spice market buffethollywood hip roomthe pleasure pitburgrpf changsheart barthe miracle mile shopsfountain viewyounger crowdgreat location on the striptotal rewardsother hotelshuge bathroomstrip viewtable gamesan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this resort with my sister (Room 1728) this past weekend, and was dismayed by the condition of the room. I stayed at this resort a little over a year ago with my husband, and things have definitely gone downhill in the interim.

The Harrah's resorts have started charging a resort fee, effective March 1st. I was not charged this fee since I had booked the room prior to our stay, but I did express my displeasure to the hotel clerk upon check in. I've been a loyal Harrah's patrol for the past decade, in large part due to their refusal to "nickel and dime" with extra fees, and have only stayed at Harrah's properties during my twice a year Vegas forays.

The clerk explained the reasons behind the resort fee implementation (most customers want the free Wi-Fi and fitness center included in the daily fee, etc) but then informed me that the resort has been charging an early check-in fee ($16) since October of last year. What? We were at the check in desk at 2:30 (check in is at 3:00) and I noticed quite a few annoyed patrons ahead of us. The clerk agreed to waive the fee for us since it was getting close to 3:00, which is good because I would not have been happy to pay the fee or to get back in the long check in line at 3:00.

We went up to the room, which was directly across from the ice machine and near the elevators. We noticed an odd, distasteful odor in a few areas of the room (near the wastebasket and near the velvet armchair), which we quickly realized was vomit. The carpet in the room was also pretty grimy, necessitating slippers or socks or one's bare feet would be black in moments.

The bathroom was clean, however, and the sheets and beds were clean (we conducted our usual bedbug check). The pillows were WAY too firm and dense, but were clean. The housekeeping service the following morning was great, which may have been because we left a decent tip.

Since we were meeting a friend the day we arrived, we decided to just spray some perfume around the vomit areas and vowed to write a TripAdvisor review upon our return home.

We ate at the Earl of Sandwich twice (great as always!), Pink's once (not as great as always), and really appreciated the convenience of the two-story Walgreen's next door. Fantastic location, not so fantastic room!

Room Tip: Stay away from ice machines and elevator bays.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank LuvSHOes
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Visited on a guys gambling SuperBowl trip. Hotel was clean. Bathroom are HUGE, with 2 sinks, walk in shower, granite, spa soaps and shampoos. Halls are dark and dingy, but rooms do what vegas rooms are supposed to do.....and that is, to give you 3 hours of great sleep per night in a comfortable bed. I ride my wingmans coat tails, and don't pay for the room, so I cannot be picky. You have to gamble a lot to get a free room, or be rated so that you are given the free room prior to your visit. Been going here for 7 years. The bartenders are very personal, and the cocktails just flow and flow, like they should in vegas. I'd say this hotel caters to the Mid-30's to late 50's crowd. Lot's of 80's music in the bars which is great. Plenty of places to eat at this casino.....Spice Buffet is the "the bomb" and the best in Vegas. "Trendy" is not a label I would tag to this joint......but it is clean a nice upscale hotel. If are looking for a little classier joint, then perhaps ceasars or the ballagio would make your more comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ItsTheTruth
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very nice place .table games are to expensive though 25 min.. I ate at 3 places and they were all great I would def recommend this place for the ages of 21 to 40 this is a hip place to be everyone is dressed very nice the music was good ..cant wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

i lived in a resort room on 10th floor. The size of the room is Okay , but it is really dirty! We got in the room first thing we saw on the bed were white marks on the bed n looks like someone has been sleeping on it and its never been wash ! I call house keeping straight away and they are didnt sound helpful AT ALL ! Bathroom is big but apart from BIG ... nothing is amazing about it , the bath tub is OLD and dirty ! STINKS everywhere on the sinks , carpet feels like never been hover since opening the shower pressure is not strong and really DIRTY !!!!
I have order something to the hotel they charge me a $10 USD processing fee ? Ridiculous !!!!
Not to mention the staff was RUDE RUDE RUDE RUED as well especially the one called David on the check in desk !

overall apart from a fab location , its just the location , i would never EVER come to this hotel anymore ! i would rather pay more or live in a motel than going to a hotel feeling its dirty all the time !

one more thing , their bed are comfortable , but imagine sleeping on a bed that someone else slept on b4 ? ........

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank flyvaa_RK
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked into the hotel for our first Las Vegas Stay in mid-February of this year. We were initially booked into the "Hollywood Hip" room, and upon arrival we were upgraded (free of charge) to a king suite, which we were told was usually an extra $50.00 a night. We were on the second top floor, and it was very quiet and clean-- we had also been informed this room has been recently renovated. The only thing I could have asked for was a better view and not overlooking the back of the hotel (you can't win them all!) Overall it was a nice stay and a great price at a great location. While visiting I strongly recommend dining at Gordon Ramsay's BurGR restaurant located on the casino floor, also decently priced and great food!!

Room Tip: To get our free upgrade to the king suite we just asked upon arrival if anything complimentary upgrades were available, and voila; ask and you shall receive!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends