“Nice place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just did 4 nights there, and what can i say hotel was clean tidy and okay in size, the bathroom was huge, needed some more lighting in the room though as you always had to use the bed side lights instead of down lights.
great staff and looked after us well.
I must say it is a good location as you have the major sights in close walking distance
But other than that I was not able to fault the room.

Room Tip: Do not go for entry rooms as you will be tucked away at the back of the resort, go strip view and en...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Forth time staying at PH in 5 years. Lets start with the room. From the minute we stepped in felt "musty" and dirty. Heavy dust on tables and counters. While trying to plug my phone charger in, I noticed huge dust bunnies just beside the bed. The windows were so dirty on the outside, we couldn't get a clear photo. We had a room on the 33rd floor facing Bellagio. Great view but was hard to see through the dirt. The cupboard doors looked like they were ripped off the giant wall unit. Broken wood chips lay where they used to be. The ironing board looked like someone used it as a bar. All colors of things spilt on it. The halls are always noisy at PH, being one of the good party resorts. But this time we noticed the noise was clearer. The bath tub had a "film" almost like soap scum and small hairs in it. I go to Vegas 2-3 times a year. My first trip was in 1996 and have stayed at many places. PH was on my top list. I was very disappointed this time around.
The casino seems to always have construction going on. Inside or out. Check in has to be the slowest on the strip. We have never waited as long as PH to get our keys or our new keys when they stopped working every day or so. The restaurant Planet Dailies has great food but the most useless staff. 3 days in a row we waited for 10+ minutes for ketchup. We thought it was a joke the 3rd time. Pluses to this hotel is the great location and great atmosphere after dark. Rock Bar food was great and who doesn't like Earl of Sandwich. The elevators were also very fast compared to other hotels on the strip. Thank god for quick checkout by the TV we were able to get out quick and say so long to PH. Time to move on and try someone else.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank VegasGuy13
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have been back from Las Vegas now for 3 months. This is the frist opportunity I have had the time to write my review. So here goes. My husband and I stayed at Planet Hollywood for 5 nights the hotel was nothing special. The room and bathroom was clean and big more then enough room to move around.The bed was big and very comfortable but could do with a decor update with the furniture. The hotel itself was clean and the staff ok. I found Vegas to be less than what people make it out to be. We kept busy all day gambling, sight seeing, shopping and we seen 2 shows Mike Hammer - Comedy Magic Show he was great a must see, we also seen Vegas! The Show that was ok. I have to say the only complaint I have is the food. My husband and I enjoy eating well whether at home or on vacation. We new going to Las vegas we were going to pay for our food and we were prepard for that. Sadly no matter were we ate or the price we paid it was not really good. I say the best time I had was when I won 800.00 bucks. So all in all Las Vegas was a experience but would we go again no.

Room Tip: if you want a room to see the lights on the strip then you will get the noise that goes with it. If...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tammy m
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

When we got there tired after a 10 hour flight and 1 hour wait to get through immigration, we were faced with a receptionist who was reluctant to accept that we did not want to upgrade to a suite. Initially we were told this would cost $70 per night which had miraculously gone down to $30 by the time he finally got the message.
The dining facilities were nothing special. The Spice Market buffet, unsurprisingly, compared unfavourably with its Bellagio equivalent even taking the price difference into account. Planet Dailies best avoided although the Earl of Sandwich was good. If you want breakfast suggest you go for one of the specials in the numerous restaurants in the Miracle Mile of Shops.
Unbelievable that you had to pay extra for a fridge.
Room cleanliness variable - one day the maid omitted to clean the bath. Also had problems with the water, one day the hot water was only luke warm and the next there was no cold.
Vegas, obviously, is a bit like Marmite but expected better from this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms looking onto the Strip are best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank richardperkins1
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for three nights on business and since we had a group rate, I didn't have any say about where we stayed. In other words, it wouldn't have been here. This property is straight out of "Hangover" - intoxicated and partially-dressed people stumbling out of elevators, even in the morning. I know, it's Vegas, right? But I was working 15-hour days while there, so it would have been great to come back to a hotel that didn't have music blasting in the elevators 24/7. And while I got upgraded to a "Strip Suite" (hilarious name, but there was no dancer's pole in my room), it was, alas, not smoke-free and this is my biggest complaint. I suppose since people can smoke everywhere in the hotel except the so-called non-smoking rooms, that explains the smoky smell wafting through the AC vents the entire time. Oh, and those vents? Disgustingly dirty upon examination. As in, probably never been cleaned. And the part of my suite that was not near the window was exceedingly dark... really just unattractive, and very unpleasant to spend any amount of time in there. To top off my stay, on my last morning someone had the brilliant idea of booking a live band to start playing in the pool area, which my room overlooked, at 7:30 am. On a Saturday. I couldn't check out fast enough. The only reason I'm giving this place more than one star is that everyone I encountered who worked there was exceedingly nice. They just didn't get why the 7:30 am live concert was a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cheshire
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our five day stay in Vegas was never meant to include much time spent in the room, so it's just as well really that they had the minimum basics covered but not many frills. Couple of light bulbs were out on the dresser, few scratches here and there on furniture, varying amounts of towels each day depending on the maids mood I suppose? We would have appreciated a coffee machine, a fridge and a view other than what looked like an extractor fan the size of a small planet. However, cleanliness, comfort and location within the hotel outweighed the bad bits. (Room 1116). The casino was what had attracted my husband in particular to this hotel because of the "pleasure pit". He was not disappointed ! This is a section of tables with scantily clad glamour girls dancing on podiums. First time I have encountered this on our five or six visits here....they were not offensive, just sleazy enough, in a slightly disinterested way. We enjoyed all the hotels and casinos and placed in order, I would say my favourites are; Venetian, Belagio, New York, Paris, Cosmopolitan, Caesars and Hollywood. We chose well for location at Planet Hollywood, being central to this part of the strip. To fully appreciate each place and because they are so vast, no more than 3-4 should be visited each day. A bit of forward planning will avoid too many blisters! The whole town is fab, day or night, not that you can tell the difference sometimes! We ate buffets mostly, don't miss champagne brunch, only at weekends, held at a few hotels for approx $23. Also, do not miss a trip along the strip to Downtown for the evening light show and a couple of good burger joints. The best way to get there is on the "Deuce" bus. $8 for 24hr ticket. You will expect to pay $250 for helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon and $100 for a half decent show.

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade to avoid the basics
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
columbus, oh
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here this weekend and has a horrible stay. The hotel staff gave me a room next to the police. They were doing prostitution stings and it was loud and not pleasent. You could hear the girls crying, doors slaming and the police yelling and a hold bunch weirdness??? What part of that is in the tourist book? lol The beds were nice, but no coffee in the room or tea! For the price you pay it WAS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!! Over priced, recently remodeled, just another vegas strip hotel room. The casino was packed with the younger drunk crowd and over priced shops for clothing. The hotel food was a 3 star and room service is horrible. The hallways were noisy and the police made no point to be private with there bussiness. Ice maker was slow on our floor. No real privacy in the north tower. Valet was slow and check out was a drag. Dont waste your money!!!!!

Room Tip: Away from police activities!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family