“Room lovely - but no fridge or coffee facilities!!”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #72 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Room lovely - but no fridge or coffee facilities!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We checked in quickly and easily. The staff were friendly and we found our room without any problems. We stayed in room 2689 - a fountain view room. The view was lovely. The room was comfortable and big. There wasn't any noise pollution at all.

There was a soaking tub - which was really amazing!! So relaxing. Nice big tv and the safe was free. The only negatives comments I have about the hotel is that we didn't have tea/coffee facilities or a mini fridge. I'd expect these as standard - even more so when we paid for a room upgrade!! There was an ice bucket in the room and a machine just down the hall so it wasnt all bad. Also the Internet access was $15 for 24 hours!! Pretty steep if you ask me! But there's a Starbucks within the hotel with free wifi, so I'd recommend just using that if it's just to quickly check emails etc.

We caught the peepshow in the hotel (we got tickets about half price because we bought then on the day at the discount ticket booths). The theatre was actually quite intimate and the show was fabulous. I would also recommend the titanic exhibition at the luxor!!

Checkout was available from the tv in the room, so we didn't have to queue downstairs.

I would recommend this hotel - but next time I'd upgrade my room again so have a coffee machine!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a vista room for coffee facilities. I would recommend a fountain view room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,985)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Planet Hollywood hosted the cardiac essentials conference that I attended with 3 other co-workers. The rates for this hotel during the conference were low, so I booked this room with a friend. We stayed 4 nights. The conference was absolutely amazing, but the hotel was just poor to ok. First of all, we arrived 20 min before check-in time of 3pm...they charged us approximately $16 for that. Allright, rules are rules....Our room was a very nice size, the bathroom was huge, which was the only good thing about it. One of the doors to the bathroom made a horrendous sound when attempting to open or close it. Super loud....it would wake up the person who was sleeping. The room we stayed in must have been the Indiana Jones room, pics of it everywhere. Some switches that when we pushed them didn't do anything, so I'm wondering what that was all about. Our room did not have a fridge or microwave either, which was a bummer. I did like the convenience of the hotel, but there are others nearby that I would definitely check out before ever coming back to this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out we were treated like VIP's the hotel is really beautiful and the rooms are really spacious, very central on the strip and when I return to Vegas I will be coming back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The last time I stayed here the resort was called Aladdin, it was old and needed an upgrade. I wanted to check out this resort as I was interested in the Planet Hollywood experience. I was very disappointed with the room I received. As an invited guest you would think a little better room would be made available. (go figure). My average room rate was 147.00 per night on a 7 night visit.
The room size was okay but on my arrival night only two lamps was available. It took 2 nights and multiple phone calls to have housekeeping deliver another desk lamp which was missing. The lighting is very dim with 1 each floor, bedside and desk lamp. Overall the room was average and some of the towels were slightly stained but usable.

On arrival night (9:00 PM), I had dinner at the 24 hour cafe. I ordered a $20.00 steak and eggs, eggs were okay but the steak was tough and probably less than 6 oz. The next day I ate at the Spice Market buffet (below aveerage). I'm not sure why but I purchased the 24 hour buffet pass that Harrahs Entertainment offers, (Good at any Harrahs Casinos, total 7). i"m not sure why but I purchased this option again. (I promised myself I would not do this again). I reviewed this option on my Paris hotel review on Trip Adviser).

I did have dinner at Ceasars Hotel buffet ($15.00 surcharge with all day buffet pass). The Ceasars Hotel buffet is definately worth the extra money, best dinner buffet I tried, even better than Wynn Resort. I waited in line for 1 hour plus an extra 30 minutes after paying at the cashier.

The next morning, wanting to maximize the 24 hour buffet pass I ate breakfast at Ceasars buffet. Another $15.00 surcharge and this time I paid another $15.00 for line pass. (I did not want to wait another 1-1/2 hours. I got in within 10 minutes. The $15.00 line pass in worth not waiting in line. The buffet was similar to dinner but with egg options and fruit juices.

If you are driving, parking is located on Harmon you need to navigate on thru the self parking lane. confusing on your first few attempts especially when the taxi's are using the same route as the self parking. (You know how taxi drivers are). The best way is to enter from Audrie Street on the back side. Just turn in from Audrie and make a left turn up the ramp. I recommend going all the way up the ramp and making a right turn (5th floor). Parking was always available in that area. Casino entrace is on the left. Elevator down to the 3rd floor. You will enter into the Miracle Mile shops, so plan on a 1/4 to 1/3 mile walk.

The casino is outdated with no improvement from the Aladdin days. New games are available but pretty much the same layout as previous operations.

The Miracle Mile shops offers a wide selection of products and dining, but with all the mobile vendors pushing products in you face (its like a swap meet) I don't feel comfortable walking the shops. So I just walk to my car and leave. I will go to other areas to shop and dine. I like the Fashion Show Mall and the shops at Ceasars Palace

I did most of my gambling and dining at other casinos like Bellagio, Wynn, Palazzo and California.

I will not stay at this hotel again. I prefer a higher end hotel with a security gurad at the entrance to hotel rooms and higher end dining.

When on vacaton, I like to enjoy myself. Quality of rooms, service and dining is important.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, try to upgrade at a resonable price.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

No tea and coffee in the rooms!! Big dissapointment for the amount we paid. Very poor. Friends room broken into no security to hotel area what so ever!! The minute you walk in its noisey until you reach your room. In the lifs , loos casino bars and restaurants. Music blasting all day and night. Tacky !! Pool area grubby and cafe not open!! Food so expensive too! Casino ok, staff helpful, lobby area rubbish. Parking good. The whole of vegas has got expensive, noisey whose idea to blast music all the time. Gambling ruined by it!! This hotel was cheaply done. Rooms were lovely.cleaned well. Wont be going back to PH ever!! Spoilt my vacation with the constant, crap music. Needs a rethink! Paid good money for rubbish!!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a working safe, cctv. And security. bolt doors at night. Make sure you shut room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with good amenities
.. The rooms were fine and so were the dining choices ... Great sandwich shop near sports book.. Plus check out happy hour at yolos on the casino floor .We found the best deals right here in PH .. The halo bar has the best service for drinks, it's in the mall corridor just outside the casino floor

• Stayed October 2012
Bryant, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Cannot wait to go back, THE BEST LOCATION on the strip!!! We had never been to Vegas before and I think that this was a just the first of many more trips and we will stay at Planet Hollywood again! The check in and check out was quick and room was super clean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple