“Ask for the room with Bellagio fountain view!” 4 of 5 stars

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #85 of 266 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Ask for the room with Bellagio fountain view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here last year during Halloween time. We arrived at 10 am which was too early to check in, but I tried it anyway. The girl who helped us told us they only have smoking room. We requested non smoking room. I handed her my id, a twenty dollar bill, and my credit card. I asked her again if she's sure they don't have any non smoking room. She typed in her computer and she told us, "We have one non smoking 2 queens available for you." Then I asked her if there's any complimentary upgrade available for us, she said she gave us a great room with Bellagio fountain view. She also handed us $50 free plays for each of us, discount at spas, discount for buffets, and coffee shop discount. We thanked her and went to our room.

We were on the 26th floor. We got the Hollywood Hip Room and it's the Sammy Davis theme. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the view. We practically watched Bellagio fountain shows from our room everyday. The bathroom is huge. It has a separate shower and a jetted tub. The bed was comfy. The room is kinda dark but I don't mind it. We didn't spend much time in it besides sleeping and getting ready in the morning.

We like the access to the mall. We bought food from the mall and took it to our room just fine. We gambled a little here. We love the Deal or No Deal slot machine. During the whole time we gambled there, no cocktail waitress offered us any drink for the 3 days we were there.

We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eviliciouz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here with a friend, and a few weeks later with my better half. The hotel staff was really friendly, and suggested things for us to do while being in Vegas for the first time.
The rooms were pretty small, but had a nice view. The memorabilia was really boring, but I guess someone will like it.
Cleanliness was OK, I couldn't find anything to complain about.
The location was great! In the middle of the strip, right across the street from Bellagio. Our room had a nice view of the fountains, which was great.
If I could complain about anything it was the really loud casinofloor.
This is a really nice place if you're on a budget.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BobReh
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Arrived before twelve on a saturday in september and was able to check in right away. Stayed two nights under $250 mid strip, try finding that somewhere else. Great energy inside the casino, sports book is one of my favorite. I still think the mall is a corn maze. Valet park if you stay there, the 2 bucks tip will save you frustration of walking through the mall with your luggage, and trying to figure out which way to go. Nobody likes to start their trip off like that. You pull up to valet and you walk inside to check in, 2 minutes. Rooms are starting to show a little age, but for the value no real complaint. Still felt room was clean, and comfortable beds. Pool offers little shade, but it late afternoon shade was to be found inside the pool. The now have adult pool and a family pool. Family pool was more my speed with more pop music and not frat boy n girls screaming and drinking. Although family pool had its share of non family people, in fact i dont think i really saw one kid. Great time, will stay again.

3 Thank ckrystek
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went with a friend for 3 days on a comp and within 2 hours we decided that we couldn't and didn't want to stay here, even for free.......
ROOM -
It was dirty. Just a general wipe down of all surfaces would improve it alot. You could tell the lamp on the table top had been cleaned around for months as just inside the bottom part was a layer on something that had spilled and has been collecting dirt for a while. I didn't move it you could actually just look at it and see the build up. Some sort of spatter stain on the comforter I am hoping was hot wing sauce, but I am fearing the worst.....Grossness on the walls like spatter drinks or whatever. Just nasty. The carpets need replaced throughout...
CASINO -
The music is way too loud, I understand it is a "party casino" but you should be able to have a conversation on the casino floor without having to shout at someone right next to you. Even the music in the elevators is pumped up loud, with that thumping repetitive club music. The lighting is poor and it is also VERY DIRTY. Just the buildup of grime and dirt from never being wiped or washed down, perhaps that is why they keep it so dark in there. I wasn't comfortable gambling there, I didn't feel particularly safe and the staff on the floor seemed to really care less about the service. Granted we had only been there a few hours, but from what I did experience, it was not my scene. It also smelled like vomit in the casino area, but we showed up on a monday following the I Heart Radio weekend, so it is possible it was just wrecked from that event....
The front desk staff said they could not move us to another hotel, but when we went to the total rewards desk in the morning, they transferred our comp to another Harrah's property.

I've been going to Vegas for many years and stayed at many, many different casinos throughout the years and feel that this is the worst so far. I would have been really upset if I had to pay for my stay there.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else and visit the casino if you just have to see Planet Hollywood.

4 Thank carley3623
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My biggest complaint is the tacky decor and rediculously small pool. I think the pool in my backyard is bigger. Plus all the sun chairs are on a level below the pool that is just a huge cement floor. Such a wits of space. I did however find it humerous when the hotel sent my room a letter apologizing for the pool being closed......C'mon, what pool.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jisherwood99
Salt Lake
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for a business thing she had to go to and I just played and hung out at the pool. The first thing I noticed was no coffee maker in the room or fridge. Really? So now you have to wait in a long line for a 6 dollar Starbucks coffee. And more of an issue for me is that I wake up early, before Starbucks opens.

The room was really nice except the shower was really moldy and gross. It was kind of strange because of how nice the room was.

They have two really nice pools. One gets overpacked while the other one is totally empty (18 and older). Not because of the age thing but because every chair or lounge at that pool has a charge. While the same lounges and chairs are free at the other pool. Again strange. I get they want to charge for cabanas but just plain lounge chairs. Silly.

Great location but that's about it. I would stay elsewhere if room prices are about the same.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mini-cupcake
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

There are a lot of positive things you can say about Planet, but there are a few negatives as well.

Check in was ok. We were diamond check in, but they seemed a bit dis-organised and not as friendly as I encountered in other locations. You got a voucher for a breakfast at Starbucks, but they didn't explain how to use it, or even that it was there. We had some items left for us, and they couldn't find them, and didn't really give us much info on where we might pick them up.

Rooms- I hated the fact that you could smoke in the corridors. I appreciate that in Nevada you can smoke in more places, but it really was not nice to come out of your room and see cigarette butts, and smell smoke. The carpets were very grubby too, and rubbish was left outside of rooms for a substantial period of time- in one instance 24 hours nearly. We were upgraded to strip views, and had a beautiful view of the pool and could see the fountains at the Bellagio. The rooms could do with a bit of a refurb but overall quite good. Far too many doors though!!!

Pool- Food at the pool was not great. Very expensive for what you got, and items were not available/came with missing bits. Tables were not cleared for literally hours. One remained uncleared for over 4 hours! Lots of sun beds and plenty of sun up until around 5pm.

Planet Dalleys- Great service, great food. Ribs were the size of my arm!

Location- Great location, very central.

Cost- We paid an exceptionally low rate, so it was AMAZING value for money

Breakfast- It was just a voucher for Starbucks, which was fine. Queues were massive though

I would stay here again if I were in Vegas, as long as the price was similar.

1 Thank britbird1980