“Rather too busy”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #60 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent two night here and found the atmosphere just too loud, but the quality of the hotel is first class. The fountain rooms are certainly worth that little bit extra.
The food was of good quality and price and served with a smile.This hotel is very good value for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (22,326)

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at PH in April 2010, PH has a great position - mid strip access is ray through the main entrance or miracle mile shops.

Check in queue was lengthily but the guys/gals get through it quickly enough that you don't hang around for ages.

Room was great, so spacious and the bathroom was massive, bath, walk in shower and a separate toilet room along with a double basin vanity area! You could easily stay on the bathroom it was that big. Almost wasted space. Comfortable bed and plenty of storage space. View was of the car park but then again we didn't pay for a strip view! Still looking past that we had a great early morning sunrise and vie of the desert.

Casino is great @ about 8pm the girls come out in all their special outfits which is worth a watch - the casino has a great atmosphere about it and the majority of the restaurants are close by.

PH is has the miracle mile shopping centre attached, you have everything you need in their, from H&M to a tattoo parlour, plenty of food places and of course the indoor thunder pool. It's a tad gimmicky, worth a passing glance.

We used the concierge service to provide us with tickets to Mystere (cirque/brilliant) they were very informative and did the hotel proud with info provided.

All in all a great stay the rooms were ideal and very comfy, fairly quiet considering we were in Vegas. Staff very accommodating. We have just booked for November this year and we are back staying in PH.

Alex

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Alexsfak
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed 4 nights for a conference in PH. I had a non-smoking room which is big by european or asian hotel standards. There wasn't any nice views but that's ok with me because i was out most of the time. The room was clean with basic amenities. There is free wifi for the 1st device i.e. you will be charged for the second device that connects to the wifi. I had my iphone and ipad with me and did not realise this (I thought wifi was free for any single connection - i alternated my wifi connection with either device). When I checked out, the lady receptionist wasn't very helpful and did nothing about my extra charges. Later on I approached another gentleman and although he wasn't very friendly, he was helpful and waived my wifi charges. Location wise, PH is very convienent and there is a bus stop just 1 minute away where you can ride to the outlet malls. There are supermarkets and eateries nearby too (hey, PH is located at the Strip afterall). If I visit LV again, I will try out other hotels but not PH as it does not wow me as some hotels do.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dickson P
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was staying here for 5 days in January and it was really nice! I visited most of the hotels and casinos during my stay but Planet Hollywood had my favorite casino. It's a perfect hotel if your not to rich but want a hotel with nice atmosphere and value for your money! The futuristic look and feeling is awesome. I would definitely come back if the prices are good as they were.

BUT! Be aware! The included breakfast is a joke! It said continental breakfast included so I was hopping not to be hungry after I had eaten. But when I arrived to the hotel and check-in and saw what the breakfast was, I got chocked! It was a 5$ coupon per person at Starbucks! A joke! So if you are looking for a hotel and it says breakfast included, it's not worth it. We ended up eating breakfast at another place and just used the coupon for a coffee and a yogurt midday.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcus H
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked into the Planet Hollywood for a 5 night stay, we had booked online along with 2 friends and requested adjoining rooms, we were told this would be fine even though we had booked 3 seperate reservations. We got to the hotel first and checked in and were told that they could not give us adjoining rooms as we were not checking in at the same time. The check in staff were not very helpful when I explained the situation so we just let it go.

We got to our room on the 10th floor and we were overlooking the roof of the car park, which wasn't nice to look at but at the end of the day we weren't there to hang out in our room. Our friends were checked in and given rooms on the 29th floor over looking the strip, we managed to move floors 2 days later but we were still overlooking the car park instead of the strip, but this wasn't a big deal as we were only in our room to sleep.

The room was a decent size but the bed in both rooms we were given was collapsing in the middle and were particularly squeaky. The free standing light in our second room was broken. The lighting in both rooms was really poor, you had to have the blinds open to get any sort of light in the room, at night it was a very dim lit room which was not good when you are looking for items in your luggage.

The bathroom was modern but the shower wasn't the cleanest and the water pressure was poor which maybe you would expect from a hotel of this size. The room was serviced daily but I think it was just a quick replacement of towels and make the bed. The bed sheets were not fitted so they moved with you, it was almost as if the sheets were too small for the bed which was really irritating. The picture frame in both rooms were also burnt which isn't a bit deal but it was just another little thing that were now starting to add up!

We went down to the pool and were disappointed at the size of the pools, there is a great big concrete area full of sun beds (which were about 90% empty both times we went down) and 2 smaller pools with day beds and cabanas squashed round the sides. The pool staff were helpful and friendly.

All in all the rooms are a bit dated, the beds and bedding needs to be replaced (our bedding had small rips in it) and the hotel needs to have better signage as it's quite confusing trying to find your way in and out on the casino floor.

The location is great, the eating facilities within the casino are also good, we ate at the spice market three times and planet dailies 3 times and were not disappointed by either. The miracle mile shops has everything you need in it and their opening hours are great. The casino did smell of smoke and cigars which was really off putting and I didn't spend alot of time on the casino gambling for this reason.

My friend and I had a spa day which was great, I had Jackie do my mani and pedi and she was so friendly and welcoming and this really made for a great experience. The Spa was really quiet and we had the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi to ourselves and it was really relaxing and a nice experience.

I will return to Vegas but to be honest I'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We last stayed at this property in 2005 when it was still Aladdin. After a few trips to other hotels in Vegas, we decided to go back to PH. After valeting the car, check in was a breeze and the $20 tip worked for a nice upgrade. I didn't ask, just put a twenty in with my DL and CC and we got upgraded to a strip view larger room. We had the Dead Poets Society room and it was large, the a/c worked, and was clean.

We ate at YOLOs twice (well once was a snack at happy hour) and liked it. Earl of sandwich didn't disappoint either, but we HATED cabo wabo.

We rented a cabana 2 weekdays -- one with bottle service and one without. Loved it. Can't imagine having any more fun at another pool. Split lunch each day at the pool and it was reasonably priced and huge portions. Great service from the cabana attendants too.

Had fun in the sports book watching NFL football and enjoying Stella's from the ABC store one night. Gambled a little every evening and generally had a great time.

PH is centrally located with reasonable food options.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gina L
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Just finished staying here for a second time and this time was better than the first (better because all 3 of us won enough to pay for our weekends and more). This hotel has hands down the best location on the strip. The rooms are adequate (seriously I was in the room for maybe 5 hours per 24 hour period). I'm not even sure if I had a view or if the TV even worked. I do know the bed was extremely comfortable and there was hot water. There is no other hotel with a better atmosphere for 20-30 year olds just looking to have a good time. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012