“Perfect Girls Week!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Fargo
“Perfect Girls Week!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at the Westin timeshare location of the Planet Hollywood and it was AMAZING! There were 6 of us and the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom was perfect. Honestly, if it was a more modest group of ladies, we would have needed a different set up. But we had 2 King beds, a fold out sofa (which was quite comfortable) and an extra long leather couch that makes you feel like a rockstar when you wake up in Vegas! Our rooms were on the 52nd floor and we had a view of everything. The only disturbing part of the view, if you don't have a fear of heights with the floor to ceiling windows, was the note on the table starting "It's moth season, so please don't open your windows". (I threatened bodily harm to anyone in the group who would try to open the windows regardless of the situation!)
The staff was great. Very mellow and fun attitude. The valet attendents handed out grief as good as they took it. (Like asking who brought a jacket to Las Vegas, turning my North Dakota friend's face a blazing red.) The maid service and hotel staff were very quick to help us out and even mentioned that the 12 packs of soda that they were removing from checked out rooms were going to be thrown away due to hotel policy, so if we wanted to take them, go ahead.
The pool was a smaller area, but still very nice with an upbeat young attitude. The casino/bars/restaurants were mostly located in the mall area, but very easy to get to. Loved the PF Changs! We sat upstairs and had a booth overlooking the Strip. Gorgous view at night! The gym was small for such a large hotel, but oddly, we never had trouble getting on a machine.
The entire time I really felt like this was a "true Las Vegas experience". I have been to Vegas before with my husband and loved every minute, but this trip was so different and honestly the room/hotel played a huge part in it. My husband would never enjoy the view from the 52nd floor or be comfortable with the banter from the valet. (Which I'm sure they would quit as soon as they got a negative response.) But that's what made the trip so memorable! LOVED IT AND I CAN"T WAIT TO GO BACK!

Room Tip: There are multiple elevators and they are very speedy, so try get a room higher up for a good view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lissa B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Average rooms, hotel has internet in which you have to pay daily for, per each device you use it on, an it barely works anyhow, so that was a total rip off.

The pool sucks, very small, hardly anywhere to sit, not to mention most of the seating you have to pay b/w 30 to 250 dollars a day to sit in, needless to say, didn't even what to sit there even if the seats were free.

Casino is same as the rest, no complaints, the heart bar was really good, and you are attached to the mall as well so that was cool.

Over all nothing wrong with the hotel rooms and service was good but, a junk pool an no internet doesn't help a guy to want to go back there, I will definitely try somewhere else, MGM is next store an was way better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Will H
Kansas
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Going to Vegas every year, I have enjoyed most of the older properties. I stayed in Planet Hollywood last year (after being too afraid of the violence to stay at RIO, they were nice enough to honor the price) and had a great experience. I read all of the reviews and thought the place must have really taken a nose-dive in the last year. The price was good, the convention was at this hotel, so I decided to give it a shot.
I'm so glad I did. Everything was excellent!!!
I arrived early and expected to have to argue and plead for early check-in. Nope, asked if any rooms were available at 9:00am on a sold-out Wednesday and was given a fabulous room on the 28th floor with a view of the Bellagio Fountain and the Paris. I had a coffee maker and a beautiful clean room, at the lowest price. The desk did try to sell me any upgrade.
The accounting was correct, room cleaned daily. Yes, the furniture is modern and black, so any little bit of lint shows up. How clean do these people keep their houses? I bet they are not dusted daily. No complaints whatsoever. I'm thinking some of these folks are wanting the Four Seasons Resort for a moderate price. This hotel was a fabulous value for the price offered.
Yes, the casino is smokey. So is every other casino. Yes, I lost money but this is Vegas and it was fun gambling money. I would strongly recommend this hotel, and have just booked it to take my husband for his 50th birthday. We had the choice of all the other hotels, but we prefer a fun hotel with all the great restaurants, shops and shows within an easy walk.
The ability to buy the All Stage pass for $99 and see shows during the next 48 hours was awesome too.
Drinks were perfect in the casino, waitresses were around often and pleasant.
Sure, you could pay less and stay at Circus Circus, but the luxury here is 100 times better. Sure, you could pay more and stay at the Bellagio, but a nice room for a couple of hundred less per night is a big deal to me.
I saw no hookers in the lobby, and never felt less than secure, which is very important since I was traveling alone.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for normally, but being nice certainly did not hurt when being offered this bea...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank MLMRocksTravel
Hull
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We arrived at the reception in the early hours after been delayed en-route at Washington, the only good thing about the flight was that when we arrived the reception area was deserted, we were welcomed by a receptionist called Patty who i think could see how dog tired we were and she was so helpful asking us how long we were taying and if there was any special occasion been celebrated, we explained that we were there shortly after me celebrating my 50th and Patty announced that we would be treat to an upgrade tfoo continue the celebrations, she sorted our room and explained that she had placed us in a junior suite with a nice view.
We couldn't thank her enough and set off for our room, on getting up there to 'suite' 234 we pulled the drapes back to find we were overlooking the Bellagio fountains 'what a fantastic suprise - now onto the weeks stay - 1st tip if your slot players, get a Total Rewards card, it soon builds up with points whilst your playing the slots and after 5 days we both got a totally free buffet at the Spice Buffet downstairs and it was superb, the points are also good to use in Starbucks and Planet Dailies (Breakfast) both within the casino. 2nd tip have a walk across to the Aria - found the slots to be very good payers here , think it's because it's new. 3rd tip make sure you tip the girls serving drinks well and you'll find they return alot quicker, don't foget your getting the drinks a hell of a lot more cheaper than the people who go to the bar - still don't understand why you would pay $5-$10 for a drink when you can sit at a slot and the girls bring them free for a tip -$5 for two cocktails or Coronas ain't bad.

Room Tip: Be nice at check-in, smile and talk, you never know you maybe as lucky as us!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Andrew D
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Awesome location- right in the strip, great rooms and friendly service! Would definitely come back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Doborne
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was there for a convention and i am not a gambler, but this hotel was not a good pick. there were trashy waitresses dancing on the tables, way to smoky, not good ventilation and the rooms were not nearly as nice as others on the strip. I've stayed at MGM, NY, Luxor, Hilton, Palms Place and this was by far the worse.
on a good note, its a great location on the strip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Tara J
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel was in the perfect spot on the strip! I would stay again. The bathrooms are big like other reviewers mentioned. Our shower stall needed an update-disapointing. At any time durring the day 'tuba' sounds and our toilet 'flushing' could be heard-was it venting from the toiltes? Don't know but very annoying! Pool area was good lots of room. We stayed on the 11th floor on the north side-no view but who cares. We heard other hotel guests ask for a room upgrade and they got it-it's worth asking I guess. Also true about ckeck in-very slow-just be patience or else upgrade to VIP. Overall good-girls weekend was fun!

• Stayed June 2012