25,170 results
All reviews earl of sandwich the miracle mile the spice market buffet hollywood hip room the pleasure pit pf changs fountain view younger crowd great location on the strip total rewards huge bathroom other hotels strip view table games an upgrade self parking great room
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My wife and I traveled to Las Vegas for a 3-night midweek stay. While we stayed with friends two nights, we wanted to stay on the Strip one night since it was our first time in Vegas. After a lot of research, we decided to try Planet Hollywood...an awesome decision!

We booked a fountain view room because we figured we'd go all out for our one night. While we had some delays getting to our room (more on that later), when we did check-in they didn't have a great room option available on our class. Without asking, the front desk rep went to the back for a second, then came back and asked if we would mind an upgrade. Would we MIND? That would be awesome! So, instead of the room we booked, we were given a fountain view suite (The movie theme of the room was The Pink Panther. not the Steve Martin version- the Peter Sellers version). The bathroom was larger than our bedroom at home, and the view was phenomenal!

The clerk did say that part of the reason for the upgrade was because we were staying only one night. So, I guess you can't expect that. But she clearly saw a possibility and tried to secure it for us, which was great.

The only real downside I can come up with is that our flight got in at 8am, and we rented a car. We tried to see if we could check-in early. If they had just said no, I would have been fine with that. However, at 11am they said come back at 1. At 1pm, they said come back at 2:30. At 2:30 they said come back at 3:30, which is when we finally got in our room. If they had just said no initially, no big deal. But it felt like they were stringing us along. They more than made up for it with the room upgrade, though.

One last thing- some other posters said the rooms were very dark and "impossible to read in." I agree that the rooms are dark, but I didn't even think about reading. I didn't personally travel to Las Vegas to sit in my room and read. That being said, if you want enough light to read, you can make enough light to read.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank JasonB1215
Reviewed March 22, 2011

stayed her for 5 nights over Vanetines weekend. The rooms are a good size but quite dark. Each room has a theme (vaguely!) with framed memorabilia on the walls and in the bathroom! the bathroom was big and bright, with a powerful shower and separate toilet but had no lock on the door...
The cleaners were very noisy in the corridors and weren't particularly thorough but overall i would recommend this hotel for a value holiday away

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed here with 6 other people. Arrived at around 11pm so no queues at check in. Check in was very efficient but not very friendly and we were just given our keys without any explanation of facilities etc. We were given three rooms next to each other which was ideal. There were a couple of glasses in the corridor near our rooms which weren't cleared away fir two days. When we got to our rooms one o then was already occupied. Went back to reception who quickly provided an alternative room but with no apology or explanation. So now our 3 rooms were not all together which although not a major issue was a bit disappointing as we were travelling as a group. We had Hollywood Hip rooms which were great. Plenty of space with large comfortable beds, huge tv, and very large bathroom. Lighting was fine. The only downside was that storage space was limited. We had view of the strip including Bellagio fountains, Caesers Palace, Paris hotel and the Cosmopolitan. Casino was always lively with good atmosphere. Some of the other hotels we visited were noticeably lacking in this area. Bars and restaurants were v good in the hotel and prices good aswell. Hotel is right in the middle of the strip making it easy to visit the other hotels and casinos. We walked easily between them all. The strip bus stop is right outside the hotel for those that would rather use te bus and the monorail us easily accessible through nearby Ballys.

Rooms were cleaned everyday. Our tv remote batteries ran out one evening but were replaced within 10 minutes of us calling reception about them.

Overall we had a great stay at this hotel.

1  Thank Dangerranger71
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I come to Vegas a few times a year. We have stayed in many hotels/casinos. This time my son and his wife decided to go with us and wanted to stay mid-strip. I have not stayed in Planet Hollywood, but have wanted to. We arrived at the hotel about 5:30pm on a Sunday evening (March 13th). There was no waiting! (yeah). We had pre-paid our flight/hotel as a package back in January and wanted (2) non-smoking, king rooms. We were told they had no non-smoking rooms available unless we wanted to pay an extra $50/per room/night, but they did have 'smoking optional' rooms. Are you kidding me???? Smoking-optional??? Just call it what it is---- a room that smells like an ash tray. At about 12/1am the smell of cigarettes was so strong coming through the ventilation system that I could not sleep. It smelled as if someone was smoking in our bathroom! I had some hesitation about this hotel after reading other reviews, but I couldn't change the reservations without incurring more fees. To be fair, the location was very good and room was relatively quiet for being spring break. The bathroom was big with a soaking tub and separate glass shower. However, the lighting was dim and the window was very small, but that didn't make much of a difference as the view sucked anyway. The rooms do need updating and overall were clean and bug-free.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank lasvegasfreak
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed 5 enjoyable nights at Planet Hollywood and found the room (Hollywood Hip Room) clean and modern, with a HUGE bathroom. Beds were big and comfy and the room was quiet (we were on 19th floor). Loved the location- being almost in middle of the strip made for easy access to other attractions we were walking to. Also loved being so close to the Miracle Mile (we made a number of quick trips back to our room to deposit shopping bags!). Check in/out was quick and friendly. Would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends