“Excellent Value for $$; I'd go back”
Review of Royal Resort

Royal Resort
Ranked #129 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel was clean, comfortable and close to the Strip. As a 60 yr old single female, I felt safe driving back at night (11pm), parking in the rear car park and walking to the front of the hotel. Dennys and Walgreens within 5 min walk. I would book there again.

Room Tip: When asked, I requsted only one bed. This mean I got a queen bed, plus a settee. Made room feel spa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank lauferfille
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

We're glad you had a good stay and felt safe with us at the Royal. We hope you will tell your friends and will come back again!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great place with a nice pool. Central to shopping and dining at nicer hotels in area.

Wifi is $10... Too expensive for what we needed. Recommend going to McDonald's down the street and use their free wifi. Good fast food court nearby with Indian food (very good, but expensive for styrofoam take out.

Room had a small fridge and microwave, which came in very handy storing and reheating our leftovers.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Brad E

Thank you for your positive review of The Royal. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this hotel on mobile last minute through Expedia after a trip was cut short. When we arrived we were told we needed to provide a $100 incidental deposit. However, as this stop was unexpected and the trip carefully budgeted, we no longer had $100 available to (just my soon to be mother in law's credit card for emergencies) and was denied the room we had already paid for.

When I called Expedia they kept telling me it's standard policy for all hotels to have a deposit, but this was a first for me. I am well travelled, I guess I just don't normally stay in nice enough places. Lesson learned for me.

However Expedia did try to speak with the hotel and asked them to take a lower deposit (that we had) and they refused. When asked if the phone at the desk could be used to try and solve our problem (I was on the cell with Expedia), my fiancé was told that he should try the Walgreens across the street.

I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant and had been in the car over 20 hours (2-3 of which were spent waiting for a wreck to be cleared in the baking hot sun). I was exhausted. I didn't want any room service or HBO or wifi, I just wanted the bed and shower I'd already paid for and this hotel had no mercy. This is the worst hotel/travel experience I've had to deal with.

In a few days I will get my refund for this room, but because I instantly paid for it, we also no longer had enough of a deposit for the scheduled reservation in Phoenix, and had to just drive the remaining approx 2,000 home without real rest or showers.

Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank ErinE0001

Thank you for your comments. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Please email us at rvs@tradingplaces.com with your name, dates of stay, and unit number so we can resolve these issues in a timely manner.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked this accommodation through my timeshare and was pleasantly surprised. We had a studio room but it had more than I was expecting. There was a real sized fridge and a microwave. The room had a hideaway bed which was cool. The room was never cleaned for our once weekly cleaning and I had to hunt down housekeeping for new towels. The air conditioner had a few glitches. It wasn't hot but it also was not working properly. They were unable to resolve this during our stay. There are laundry services available. The pool area was great and offered free cabanas. Staff was very nice. There was a lovely porter who got me directions to several places. Not quite a time share resort but good for a weekly stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal. We apologize for the unfortunate lack of resolve for your housekeeping and maintenance issues. Please email us at rvs@tradingplaces.com with your name, dates of stay, and unit number so our team can look into your issues further.
On another note, we appreciate the kind words and we hope you will consider staying with us again next time you visit Las Vegas!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked this room on Hotwire.com so I didn't get to see what hotel I was staying in until after I booked the room. I stayed Friday-Sunday for $55 a night. This hotel is just off the strip by Circus Circus. I have to admit I was a little worried considering the price I paid for the room but I was very pleasantly surprised. The king size bed was comfy and the room had updated ceramic tile in the bathroom and a mini fridge. No free wi-fi (which kinda sucked) but overall I was very satisfied. I enjoyed not being right on the strip. It's near a Denny's, 7-11 and Walgreens (very convenient) and had a great pool. I would stay there again for sure. I'm glad I took the gamble on Hotwire and it was much better then a Super 8 or Days Inn or anything like that.

Room Tip: Plan on paying for internet if you want it during your stay. There is no casino in this hotel but it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We hope you enjoyed your stay and are glad you had a good experience at the Royal. We would be happy to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 14 nights. First I was a little scared because of all the reviews at tripadvisor. But I've made a really good deal though! We arrived at 2.00PM and there was already a room available, so we didn't have to wait. We asked for a room with a micro (in advance) and I saw it on the reservation as a comment. We were able to choose a room (parkinglot view, Riviera view of pool view). We had a room with a balcony, too bad there was a hearwave going on... We get a parking permit without asking. The hotel is perfect if you want a hotel within walking distance to Treasure Island, but too far to walk to Monte Carlo etc. There are restaurants across the street (Denny's, Peppermill -> very good by the way).

The room was large enough to store your belongings. We had fresh sheets en plenty of pillows! There was even a second sheet available if necessary. De shower had enough pressure, but a little bit too low for us (we're kind of large..). The refridgerator was large and very cold! Also the a/c worked fine for us, even in de heatwave (with temperatures like 117F!). Our room get cleaned every day, good service! So was the pool, fresh towels every day. The cabana's were lovely and they didn't charge any fee for it.

I have one minus: the walls were thin as paper! You could exactly hear what you're neighbors were talking about. Get some earplugs!

But I want to recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who doesn't want to stay in the Strip, but does want the entertainment on the Strip within walking distance. I loved it, for me THE surprise of Vegas (was my second time in Vegas)! Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank sandravdende
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Many thanks for your wonderful and in-depth review of the Royal! Sounds like you had a great time in Vegas and we were happy to accommodate you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a fuss free stay at the Royal recently. Come out the front door, turn left and 30 yards down the road lies the Strip which probably gives this place the best 'off strip' location there is. The rooms are spacious and very well kept with fridge, coffee making facilities, flat screen TV and good furnishings. The pool and spa are also excellent given its size. Staff were very attentive and when we had a problem with loud music in the room the next door they got straight on it and they let us use their internet facilties free of charge when we had to book our flights home. A stones throw away are an excellent Indian buffet, taco joint, Dennys and Strip Liquor. If you fancy doing Vegas on a budget then check this place out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ElmParkJedi
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Royal! We hope you will stay with us again next time you're in Vegas. We're glad you had a pleasant experience!