There are good and bad things about the D yet my wife and I stay there every time we visit Las Vegas, which is usually 1-2 times per year. I will make my review convenient by listing the good and bad, starting with the negatives (don't always see these as bad, because it may be more to your liking, and be sure to see the positives below!).
1. The bathrooms could use better maintanence: sometimes we find that the sink and/or tub is in need of fixing i.e. chipped, cracked, broken or just looks in dissarray.
2. Sometimes we found that the tub does not drain quickly while showering and we have water over our ankles ... kind of gross.
3. As we are smokers (so yes this is our own problem), but on smoking "floors" the stench of pot was quite overwhelming to say the least every night of our 5 night stay there.
4. I feel that I am getting old and find that it is very loud on the main level, keep in mind that along Fremont, this is the "party" hotel.
5. The "Marriage can be murder" show is no longer part of the "comps" provided at the D which is too bad because it is a good show (the show is still located at the hotel but you'll have to pay to go if you're not a gambler).
1. Convenience! Located in the heart of Fremont (at the beginning of the Fremont Experience), across the street from Walgreen's, and one block away from the RCT (Las Vegas transit) to take you to the Strip and/or to the North Premium Outlet. This hotel is in the hub of everything that you want! There is also a free concert stage right outside the door (one of three) on Fremont.
2. Price! I have stayed on the Strip numerous times and nothing beats the hotel prices on Fremont, at an average of $30-50 per night (plus the new Resort Fee of $20), it is the best pricing around Vegas for fun. Note: if you are a "D" Player Club member (free), then you don't pay the $20 Resort Fee!
3. Customer Service! Because you are not located on the Strip, the customer service is actually better ... why you say? This is because it's the "old" Vegas and smaller so they try harder to keep you there and happy ... I know I am.
4. Comps! Probably because of the $ I drop when I am there, I get rooms, food, show tickets (at the D), credit to use at their gift shop, cash back, and also play money for when I get there ... how can you go wrong being a Player Club Member?!?
5. Food. There is an upscale steak restaurant, the D Grill (open until 10pm), Coney Island hotdogs, and a McDonalds. Enough places inside to please most people.
6. Drinks. If you play, you drink free. This goes without saying so drop some fun money into a game and have a drink or a few and please don't be cheap and tip the waitresses! Careful ordering a "long-pour" Haha, it's about a 2-3 shot pour.
I can probably keep going but will save it for questions or my next visit. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is located on the iconic Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, owned and operated by Derek and Greg Stevens. The D delivers a fresh, energeticattitude and fun atmosphere that has become synonymous with the Neapolitan area. The D Las Vegas Hotel provides a haven of rest and relaxation just a few steps away from the city's popular attractions like the Fremont Street Experience, Neon Museum, and Zip-lining. The property has recently completed extensive renovations with 638 remodeled contemporary rooms, showroom with daily entertainment, multiple dining restaurants, Vegas' only two-level casino, and numerous high-energy bars. Whatever the reason for your visit, The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is an excellent choice for your stay in Las Vegas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vegas.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Casino And Hotel
- Fitzgeralds Hotel Las Vegas
- Ramada Las Vegas
- Fitzgeralds Las Vegas