“The D hotel - las vegas”

The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #92 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Niles, Illinois, USA
“The D hotel - las vegas”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

One of the finest Hotel casino on Fremont St. Clean , updated rooms with all new furnishings ; An average size casino- not like the resorts on the strip where you can get lost. Good food at The Grill plus a Mc D and Coney Hot Dog stand on site

Room Tip: ask for floors away from Fremont st - too noisy and/or will be looking down at the canopy on Fremon...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for the review! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and we hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Owings, Maryland
Reviewed December 17, 2013

What can I say about The D? This place is amazing! I have stayed at The D Casino and Hotel now four times in the last year and brought friends and family twice, and it is all because of the incredible staff and dedicated owners who actually care about their customers. This place rocks, from the truly incredible suites in the completely renovated hotel to the amazing long bar with the best and most sports playing TV's at the longest bar in Vegas, to the award winning Joe Vicari's Andiamos Steak House, to the always open 24/7 Coney Island Hot dogs, this place has something for everyone. The D is Sister property to the other downtown gem, Golden Gate Casino Hotel, which owners Derrick and Greg also completely renovated two years ago.

Listen up... this is absolutely no BS. My beautiful bride and I travel rather extensively to several different casino properties in several countries, literally. We have numerous comp offers for limos and suites and dinners at five different strip and downtown properties including Hooters, Planet Hollywood, The Mirage and The Wynn/Encore, and we now choose The D exclusively and cant wait to go back again!
Highlights!!!
Dancing dealers are smoking hot and pretty damn smart too!
Incredibly comfortable beds (you can even order one for home if you hit the jackpot)
You have to try the Hot Dogs from Coney Island
You have to try the meatball and the lobster bisque at Andiamo's
Tell Andy and Ivan at the Long bar I said hello when they show off and flair your drinks
You have to play the Sigma Derby antique horse racing gaming on the second floor casino!
Finally...
The best thing about the property is her people... including Derrick, Nicole, Darren, Richard, Yolla, Wael, Joe, Maylene, Frankie, Astrid, Lys, Amanda, Mandy, Mark, Sonny, Ivan, Andy, Eeore, Pasquale, Martin, Ashley, Elysis, and many more who make it feel like home away from home...

If you dont enjoy the D, you are simply not living life to the fullest. Have fun, and tell all my friends there I said hello!
Cheers!
Dwayne C

Room Tip: All beds are super comfy. Corner king rooms are super nice, and of course all the suites are incredi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
It's so great to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! It means a lot to us that our staff played such a large part in making your visit memorable and we are looking forward to your next trip!
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I checked in at The D hours ago and I am already compelled to leave a review. While I am impressed at the upgrades for the rooms, the resort fee and the "benefits" you receive are appalling.

In fairness, I did book the room for under $20/night, but the $20+tax resort fee they collect is one of the highest in town. I've stayed at a ton of hotels and it seems around $12.95 is the norm. At most hotels, this includes wifi, fitness center access, in-room coffee, local calls, and sometimes a couple of bottles of water. I think at Circus Circus they gave me daily coupons for a coffee at their coffee bar.

At the D, you get their lowest tear of wifi service, which seems to be a reasonable speed. There is no fitness center. They have Keurigs in the room, but they charge an outrageous $2.50 to use a capsule. These are capsules you can buy retail for around $0.33 each, and I guarantee you The D is not paying retail for this. It really feels like a money grab, and it is just disgusting to have one of the highest resort fees in town with the lowest amount of benefits.

Front desk staff agreed with me on everything I mentioned above but put blame on the CEO, Derek Stevens, who will drive out a regular clientele if nickel and dime-ing locals is their goal. I was much happier at the El Cortez.

My non-smoking room also smells like smoke, and I had to park on the 7th floor even though there were floors and floors of empty parking because they reserved the first 6 floors for valet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank veeRob
Thank you for sharing your concern regarding the resort fee. As you mentioned, our room rates are very low, which we dropped when we added the resort fee. When booking a room, the total cost with the resort fee still leaves our guests with one of the most competitive rates in town. Our resort fee includes the free Wi-Fi, $10 off show tickets to the D Showroom, and free local and toll-free calls. We appreciate your feedback and will be taking your comments regarding the other aspects of your stay into consideration.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Boise, ID
Reviewed December 12, 2013

$20.00 + tax a night for your resort fee is too high. The highest on Fremont with the least amount of "benefit". The Plaza's fee is lower but at least gives you Keurig coffee for free-but you charge $2.50 for a cup of coffee on top of this abhorent fee???

Hope to hear of your bringing this in line along with the Golden Gate soon, then I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rvrtrpn2002
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding the resort fee. We have offset the fee by offering the most competitive room rates in town. Guests are also provided free high-speed Wi-Fi access, $10 off the D showroom tickets, and free local and toll free phone calls.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I reserved a room 5 months in advance at the D to celebrate my birthday. I arrive to check in and the room I reserved, not available. The night supervisor at check in tells us "it is subject upon availability". No, I paid a deposit for a specific room, that is the room I shall have.
Her attitude was very unprofessional. There was no " sorry for the inconvenience" or "we will do what we can to accomodate you". It was complete unprofessionalism.
Never received the room I paid for. No comps and no apology.

The plumbing does not work. The tub and sink drain very slowly. Do not use the small Kuerig for coffee in the room or you get charged. Charged for Wi-Fi if used.

The only thing positive are the evening bartendars at the long bar. Amazing staff and lots of fun!

I will not be returning and will not be recommending the hotel to anyone. Word of mouth is powerful

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank cpoelvoorde
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We appreciate your concern regarding your stay. We have looked up your reservation and although we could not initially provide the room you had requested, we were able to fulfill your request and find the exact room you desired within 15 minutes after checking in. Our number one priority is our guests’ satisfaction and we were able to accommodate your request rather quickly. Thank you for the feedback regarding the plumbing, we are working to ensure this problem is resolved quickly. The Wi-Fi is free as part of the resort fee, and although at log-in guests are informed that they will be charged, the charges are reversed at check-out. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed the LONGBAR, it is quickly becoming one of the best spots downtown!
Kapaau, Hawaii
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Wanted to say thanks to Roy who is a supervisor at the crap tables and mohammed the crap dealer. great hospitality and great vibes!! they keep me and my friend smiling while we were winning and losing. wish we stayed here but we were at The Cal on a paid business trip, but will definitely come to The D next time around. Love the new modern look!! The D is putting downtown Vegas back on the Map. Also watched Marriage can be murder upstairs. great show and great food!! please see that roy and mohammed get recognized for their hospitality and professionalism.

Aloha!!
Richard and Goober

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 619SPEED
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback! We will definitely be passing along the kind words! Marriage Can Be Murder is the longest running dinner show in Vegas and is a lot of fun. We're looking forward to your next visit!
Torrance, California, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 5 days at The D Hotel for thanksgiving holiday !!! We always stay downtown !! I love downtown better then the strip !! So this year I decided to stay at the D ! Its a Hip new modern renovated hotel !!! The rooms were jus average !!! The bed was soooo comfortable that's for sure !!! The bathroom was huge but the lighting sucked !!! The casino employees along with the bar tenders and cocktail waitresses (especially patty) were really cheerful, helpful and made the trip a lot better !!! The horse race machine upstairs was the best part of The D !! Every time you go up there people r having a good time yelling, laughing and enjoying that machine !!!! The worse part about the D was the American coney island hot dogs and chili fries !!! don't waste your money !!!! Over all the The D is a nice hotel but I dot think I would stay her again !!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa B
Thank you for spending your Thanksgiving with us! Our beds were specifically chosen for how comfortable they are, and we are glad you agree! We appreciate the feedback regarding the negative aspects of your stay, as it helps us to see the areas that guests would like to see improvement. Sigma Derby is one of our most popular games here at the D and we have one of the last ones in existence! We would love for you to join us again on your next trip to Vegas!