“What remodel?”

The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #86 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

If new carpet is a 'remodel' then yes its renovated. If you want to travel in the same 4 lifts that were there went the hotel was built many decades ago and travel at the speed of a disabled snail then this is the place for you. Waited over 10 minutes for a lift on Saturday. Everyone was complaining about the wait. Air con rattled and didn't cool (was replaced at 2am) bathrooms missed in the 'remodel' Rooms are ok but not what their website promotes. Also they hit you with a 'resort fee' includes 1 wifi device at slow speed. want another device then handover another $9.99 or 'upgrade' to premium speed for $15 per device. Charging for wifi in hotels is ridiculous and I will stay at other local hotels that don't charge this next time.

Room Tip: Make sure you air con works, ask for a room with new bathroom
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ClintP698

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the D hotel this past Memorial Day, May 25th-28th.
Make sure you get a room away from Fremont street, The noise from the bands can be pretty loud. I made our reservation several months in advance, We asked for a room away from Fremont street, But they put us in a room right above the stage, I called the front desk and said that this was NOT what we requested, They said they were booked up and room preference is only a request.
We had to deal with the noise. I went down the next day and talked with the hotel manager, She was able to put us in a different room, Much better. She was very helpful.

We stayed in a deluxe corner king room, These are nice. They still want to charge you for bottled water and coffee, Not cheap. It is better to go down to the McDonald's inside the casino for coffee and breakfast.

This is the place to go if you enjoy playing the Old style coin slots. They have lots of nickle, quarter, half dollar and one dollar slots, They all pay out coins. The entire second floor is dedicated to these old machines. You can play a long time on very little money.
This is about the ONLY place left in Vegas to enjoy the old style slots, Everyone is going to the ticket only machines.

We went to see one of the shows playing at the hotel (The Scintas ) They give you a two for one coupon for this when you check in. We had front row seats, Very good show, highly RECOMMENDED.

Overall this is a nice place to stay. The D grill has a nice menu.

Greg & Lisa W, Fontana, CA

Room Tip: Get a room with a southern view if possible, Also get a room as high up and away from Fremont street...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gregkw17
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The room was on the 27th floor, far above the noise of the Fremont Street experience - OR so I thought. Well, when the "experience" started, it was so noisy that I thought we had our windows open because the music came right into the room. It lasted most of the night and was so loud we couldn't get any rest so after the first night we wanted to leave. The room itself was nice for an average room and the bed was comfortable, but we booked with Hotels.com. I called them and told them that we need to get out because of the noise. Well, it's ok to try to get out of the booking, but they keep your money. This is the third day since we left, and they still haven't refunded the $100 which they kept for incidentals. When some business keeps my money it makes me very upset. We will not stay in the D again, mainly because of the noise, but I will never again book with Hotels.com because I simply do not trust them.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, try another hotel away from Fremont St. But if you want constant loud...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dalma H
Reviewed June 19, 2013

While I'm trying to write this, I keep having a hard time concentrating on not seeming like a paid for advertisement. I really like what the owner,Derek Steven, has done here. It's a work in progress, but enough of the basics are here, and its already becoming to me, my new go to hotel in Las Vegas.

The Casino is two parts, downstairs is the loud blaring music and dancing dealers ( at night). Upstairs is the coin operated machines from years past, also are the restaurants Joe Vicari's Italian Steakhouse. And the D grill. The steakhouse is old school, and damn good. I don't you will find a better steakhouse in Downtown, possibly the strip too. The D grill is your standard diner. TheD has showrooms on the second level. They aren't huge, so you get a good view from every seat.

A hotels Staff will make a resort, and The D's provide helpful attitudes and were very quick when I had any questions.

You do get a little noise from the Fremont Street Stage on the lower floors, so ask to be as high as possible. The standard rooms have been modernized and The Owner made a point to use as many American Made products as he could.

Work is still being done, but its already looking to be one of Downtowns best Hotels, if not The best.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gordon C
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for 5 stars this if far from it. Having said that the rooms are cheap enough to make the enviroment worth it. My biggest dislike was the bathrooms, and the elevators went down for a few hours , luckily 1/4 was still working. I found the casino's vibe beyter than all others and i spent quite a few hours there in the 3 days i stayed. I would reccoment to those looking for a bargain.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank findtheworld
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed last december during the National Finals Rodeo, and were plesantly surprised with The D. The bed in our room was very comfortable, and the room was much nicer than 15 years ago when I stayed here.
The casino was a bit loud, but didnt really bother us too much. For the money, we will definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank matthew r
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Overall not bad for the money. The room was nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. My gripes are:
1. The elevators are real slow to get to the rooms. always a long line to get up the tower.
2. Recently the room was renovated, but they forgot the AC/Heater. They kept the old 70's unit. It was loud and hard to keep a decent temp.
3. I'm no prude, but the women dancing on the bar inside and outside is over the top and degrading.
4. The Freemont Street Experience is now a joke. Too loud, too many freaks and 50 year old drunks acting like adolescents. Not to mention all the idiots on the street begging for money by asking you to take a picture with them. The light show is still good though.

Room Tip: If you want a nice relaxing location. Not a place for you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family