“Great Hotel and friendly staff.”

The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #88 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the D for 4 nights the beginning of May 2013. This hotel was the old Fitzgerald's. They have remodeled the entire hotel and it is really quite nice. Here are the Pros:
1. Clean, modern, well furnished.
2. A very friendly staff. Good food.
3. You will love the mattresses, and will sleep like a baby when the noise stops.
The Cons:
1. We stayed on the 30th floor overlooking Freemont St. The elevators to get you up and down are really quite slow.
2. I suggest if you stay there request the side of the hotel that does not face Freemont St. even though we were up 30 floors, the noise from the street was terrible, and does not stop until like midnight. Other than that, I would stay there again, but on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: I suggest if you stay there request the side of the hotel that does not face Freemont St. even thou...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank players2
Write a ReviewReviews (2,492)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First thing's first... It's Downtown! There is no point in comparing a high end strip hotel to a Fremont Street hotel! With that said, Downtown hotel's are coming up. They are making a serious effort to clean up and modernize Fremont Street and it's hotel's.

It had been a few years since I have visited Las Vegas. The last time I visited I stayed at Planet Hollywood mid-strip, but I have stayed downtown may times before then. I was excited to see that Fitz's had been remodeled and renamed the D. Our stay there had some pro's and con's as expected, but overall it was a great experience.

First of all, the parking structure is super sketchy. Self Parking begins on the 7th floor so you need to go up quite a bit just to find parking. The structure is tall and narrow meaning there are many many turns. Most corners are blind and we had a couple near misses on the way up. But, once you get parked you're good till the end of your stay so no big deal. The front desk/check-in had 3 ladies behind the counter and 2 people in line at 4pm on a Friday. The woman who helped me was friendly and efficient. I was checked in in no time. I opted for a PREMIUM CORNER KING booked on hotels.com. My room was on the 28th floor and the first room on the floor off the elevator (I had no issues with elevator noise). My first impression of the room was that it looked nice and modern. The decor was impressive. Black and red seems to be the theme. There is a nice, high king bed in the middle of the room. There is a pull out couch and seating area located near the wrap around window. Being on the 28th Floor, I was able to see the near by mountains clearly and of course the ghetto's that surround Fremont Street. There is a nice sized flat screen TV with your typical channel selections located on the dresser in front of the bed. There is also a nicely sized (empty) refrigerator located on the desk side of the furniture piece. There is also a KEURIG coffee maker and 2 FIJI water's available. the K-Cup's used for the Keurig cost $2.50 each and the Fiji water $4! No thanks. I brought my own K-cups from home and water from 7-11.

Now for the restroom. The restroom had some issues. The plumbing is probably very old and need's some maintenance. The sink and tub drains were constantly making a gurgling sound. I thought it was only after using the sink (like a clogged drain), but it was making noises fairly consistently. Luckily, I could only hear it when in the restroom. The shower could use some work as well. First off, I could not figure out how to control the temperature. It was either scorching hot or off. Those were my options. Also, the shower head was weak. It is a low end version of a rain shower head. I would have been much more satisfied with a standard shower head with decent water pressure.

I unfortunately was not able to take in the whole casino and I did not go upstairs to the "vintage casino" other than to use the restroom. The dealers after 6PM are all female and dressed "nicely" :) They rotate between dealing games and dancing on go-go boxes. The music is a little loud and consists of your typical "top 40 club jams". Service comes around quite regularly and was very easy to get a drink. Overall, a good casino experience.

The D (and all of Fremont Street) is on the up and for the price, you really can't beat it. It is a good time and everything you need is within walking distance. If you absolutely can not live without the glitz of the strip, it's only a short cab ride away!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side of Fremont Street. I had some noise issues, even on the 28th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank CodenameMikey
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the D Las Vegas from 20 April until 4 May 2013. Check in was quick and we first received a twin non smoking room. We went back down and asked for a smoking room and were given a king sized bedroom. I was there with my sister so didn't mind sharing the bed. We were on the 27th floor at the rear of the hotel and were not troubled with noise from the stages or the Fremont Street Experience. Odd numbered rooms are best so as not to hear the noise. The rooms have been renovated since we last stayed at the hotel (formally Fitzgeralds). The decor was nice and the bed was comfortable. The casino was very load - day and night, to the point you could not hear yourself speak. I understand that this is to attract a younger croud but I think if they could tone it down a little in the daytime I would have been more likely to stay and gamble. As it was we were next door to the Four Quuens and next to that was the Golden Nugget, so that is where we did our gambling. The D really needs to get its plumbing sorted out during the fortnight our sink and bathtub refused to empty on more than one occasion. The maid always got the maintenance man to fix it while we were out but it was a little bit annoying. Don't use the coffee k cups or water in your room if you have any sense, there is a McDonalds by the entrance if you need a cheaper alternative. We were going to eat in the old Courtyard now renamed the "D Grill", but the prices were hiked so high we looked at the menu and left. There is better quality for a more reasonable price available close by. Overall the room is clean, comfortable and a great price so I would definitely recommend the hotel. As for the casino, crank the music down if you want to keep some of your loyal customers.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms high numbered floors for less noise. A/C was noisy in our room so only left it on...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Vegasordie
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was so excited about our stay at The D Hotel. I am from Detroit and have read seen so much on this hotel that I could not wait to get there. The rooms are very nice and clean. You have to pay if you want to make coffee in your room which is not my idea of a hotel. The casino was really nice except the music. The music is played so loud you can not hear the person next to you speaking. The first evening we arrived I just thought maybe it was playing so loud because it was a Saturday evening. But I was wrong this music had one volume which was LOUD LOUD and LOUD 24 hours a day. I would only recommend this casino hotel if you love loud music. This is really not my type of music. The food was great here and again the remodel was beautiful, the service was great but I will not be back to this hotel again because of the music.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shari S
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We generally go to Las Vegas once a year, and have stayed the past six years at the D (formerly Fitzgerald's). We really like the people there - always friendly!

BUT they now crank the music up so loud in the casino that it is no longer a pleasurable time. It's constant 24 hour a day hip hop.... My ears can no longer take it! So we won't be back...

Other reviewers have commented on the noise from Fremont St - true! But we usually deal with that by just turning on the a/c.

The rooms are nicely updated, but did not appreciate no coffee in the room unless we wanted to pay $2.50 a cup.... so we just went down to the onsite McDonalds instead.

We didn't like that they no longer have the music channels on the tv either. The inroom radio is a joke, so that if you want to listen to music in the room, bring your own device. Or just turn off the a/c and listen to Fremont St...

Room Tip: Go as high as you can. Ask for a room that faces the Walgreen's (east side?)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Texan5495
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a truly pleasant time at the D. Our room was clean and quiet! There is a coffee maker in the room, but, if you use the fiji water and Starbucks cups, there is a fee. A refrigerator is also in the room. The only part that I did not care too much for was the self parking. You have to go up to the 7th level to self park and it is very narrow and many people drive too fast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jose S
Reviewed May 3, 2013

the newly remodel casino was nice . Lets start on the casino floor . The bar was huge and big screen at the bar to watch the game . The staff was friendly and at night loved the loud music playing thru out the casino floor and the dancing everywhere it felt like a big party . Now the room your normal hotel room comfortable bed and clean rooms . Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great time. I will be going back in june .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends