This was my third time staying at The D. The first two times the hotel was part of a package deal with A-Star tours (which I highly recommend). This time I chose this hotel because we were given a deal as previous guests and as my friend and I decided we wanted to stay on Freemont Street it was logical to take advantage of the pricing we were given. We did try to get a higher floor facing away from Freemont Street as there is quite a bit of noise until late at night. The man who checked us in tried to accommodate our request but was unable to do so( At least he tried a couple of options and seemed happy to do so). We ended up on the 19th floor and could see Freemont Street below us but we found that with having the air conditioner on, it covered most of the noise and we were able to sleep. I would recommend trying for a higher floor facing away from Freemont Street. The rooms are very basic but the bed and bedding are fabulous. There is a coffee pot (it uses K-cups) in the room but there is a $2.50 charge for a cup of coffee. You could go to MacDonalds downstairs or Starbucks is about a half block away. We found the service from the front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance to be really good. The day we checked in there were not enough towels, there was no shampoo (conditioner, bath gel, body lotion, and 1 bar of soap were provided). The sink would not drain very fast at all. I left a note for the housekeeper about our concerns. When we came back that night there was 4 sets of towels, multiple bottles of shampoo and extra bars of soap and the sink was unclogged. Another day our toilet would not flush. I called the front desk and the maintenance man was up and had the toilet working within about 15 minutes. Needless to say we were very impressed with this service. Our one big disappointment was the restaurant. It has been renovated, taking away the buffet area. We found our breakfast disappointing and did not eat there again. The servers in the restaurant did not seem happy to be there (that is only our observation). We had much better service and food over at Binions and had amazing food and service at the Denny's at the end of Freemont Street (couldn't believe it; and the price was excellent). Enjoyed breakfast so much we went back there for supper. The Cobb Salad was one of the best I have had and my friend's steak was one of the best she had ever had. The restaurant was very clean and, again, the service was the best we had in Las Vegas. I did not get the name of our server for breakfast(I am sorry) but our server for dinner was Brittany (kudos Brittany!!!!). The casino is VERY loud with music so if you want quiet, you will not get it here. Overall, for the price paid, we were very happy with our stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is located on the iconic Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, owned and operated by Derek and Greg Stevens. The D delivers a fresh, energeticattitude and fun atmosphere that has become synonymous with the Neapolitan area. The D Las Vegas Hotel provides a haven of rest and relaxation just a few steps away from the city's popular attractions like the Fremont Street Experience, Neon Museum, and Zip-lining. The property has recently completed extensive renovations with 638 remodeled contemporary rooms, showroom with daily entertainment, multiple dining restaurants, Vegas' only two-level casino, and numerous high-energy bars. Whatever the reason for your visit, The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is an excellent choice for your stay in Las Vegas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Casino And Hotel
- Fitzgeralds Hotel Las Vegas
- Ramada Las Vegas
- Fitzgeralds Las Vegas