2 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.com$81
FindHotel$58
CheapTickets$58
2,180 results
All reviews bowling alley laser show movie theater off the strip boulder highway firelight buffet panda express tgi fridays free shuttle bingo hall water show rv park video poker food court slot machines shuttle service resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2019

The room was reasonably priced,a good size with a very comfortable bed. Housekeeping was excellent and we experienced no undue noise or interruptions. Very large TV, although I seldom used it. Three parking lots, each accessible to your location in the hotel, a large casino with good restaurants, theaters and live music. Boulder Highway turns into Fremont street where a party is happening practically every night. Go the other way on Boulder and pick up Lake Mead Pkwy and drive through God's country to the beautiful Lake Mead. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will probably stay there again on our next visit.

2  Thank JosephH358
Chris J, Guest Relations Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

I’m so glad that your visit to Sam's Town met your expectations! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, please come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

I will start with the pros because they far outweigh the cons, but this is an honest review so I will report both. First of all, the rooms are clean, comfortable and well maintained. The overall feel of the hotel is very good. Staff were friendly and price was great. The restaurants that we ate at were great and very well priced. We will never stay on the strip again! The prices there are insane. At Sams Town we enjoyed the $7.99 breakfast buffet several times (be sure to get the BConnect players card for meal discounts)and also TGI Fridays for breakfast and dinner (14.99 steak and lobster every night which was delicious). On the strip we paid $17.99 just for a burger which didn’t even include fries!

As far as the “cons” go, we found our room to be quite noisy. I was thankful that I brought earplugs, but even so I’ve never heard so many slamming doors in my life. I think that the room doors are heavy enough to self close but wow do they ever close with a bang and shake the entire place (maybe a sign on the doors is in order asking guests to close them carefully). I also felt that maybe the rooms aren’t that well insulated as we heard people in the hallways, in the rooms on either side of us etc late at night. Part of that might have just been disrespectful guests and not the hotels fault but all the same we didn’t get any good nights sleep. I realize that a lot of people aren’t in Vegas to sleep lol, but we were there on business and felt otherwise. I hate to be the grumpy neighbour but next time I would probably report people causing such a ruckus. And allowing their children to run up and down the hallways at midnight!
It also irritates me to have to pay the resort fee..I’d rather they just include it in their room rate. But it’s standard in Vegas so not much you can do.

Overall, we liked Sams Town and would return.

Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank 474lovetoeat474
Chris J, Guest Relations Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thank you for your recent visit to Sam’s Town and for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our leadership team. We hope to have you visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights last week for the Las Vegas Elvis festival. Check in was quick & easy & the staff were friendly. Our room was on the 8th floor with an internal view of the atrium which was fab. They have a light & laser show 4 times a day & we were able to watch this from our room whilst getting ready to go out. The room was very clean with lots of storage space & beds were comfortable. The pool is fairly small but lovely as never gets too crowded & the water is a nice temperature not too cold. There are ample sunbeds, pool towels you can just help yourself to & a pool bar open on weekends. We ate in just about every food outlet the hotel has to offer & the food was excellent quality in all & fairly priced. Highly recommend the angry butcher steakhouse, food was delicious. There are several bars dotted around the hotel & the drinks are reasonably priced. Roxy’s lounge was good fun in the evening with live bands a vodka & Diet Coke was $4.75, cheaper then here in London. The casino has so many slots & I made a small profit on them which was a good thing as it kept me off the roulette tables where I always get a bit silly. There is a shop near the reception desk where you can buy anything your likely to need from bottles of water to souvenirs. There are also water & ice machines on each floor to fill up your water bottles which is great. There is a huge cinema & bowling alley on site aswell as a bingo hall. The whole hotel has a really nice vibe to it a bit stuck in the 80’s perhaps but that’s what makes it so unique I preferred it to any of the hotels I’ve stayed in/ spent time in on the strip. It’s a large hotel but not too large, I could easily navigate my way around after the first day & nothing was too far a walk. They play excellent music throughout the hotel aswell. They seem to take security reasonably seriously, there are security guards at all the lifts checking room keys so nobody who is not a guest can go up to the rooms. They also have about 3 at sams town live (the events room) checking bags etc. As I mentioned at the beginning of this review I was here for the elvis festival, this took place in sams town live & I must say they have the air conditioning set perfectly in this venue, it’s cool but not freezing. Some places have it set so high your sitting there shivering even when it is 50 plus degrees outside. Sams live also has a bar inside right at the front of the venue although beware if you take a drink out you can’t bring it back in again & you cannot take your own drinks inside not even water. The hotel is about a 15-18 min ride to the strip & our Uber’s were around $15 each journey we made so not a major drama if you want to come & go. There is a huge Walmart directly across the street which was handy but I learnt something new whilst I was here, it’s not ok to cross the road, you must walk down to a designated crossing point & walk back up again or you will get a ticket for jay walking. There is no such law in the uk so I was quite thrown by this lol I must have missed this memo on my previous trips to Vegas! Overall this hotel is great value for money & I would not hesitate to stay here again, in fact i will for next years elvis fest. I have found myself a diamond in the rough. Also check out time is noon or 1pm if you ask nicely which I was impressed with as usually it’s much earlier than this. Go & stay at Sams, you won’t regret it.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Mickymouselady

Reviewed July 8, 2019

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a Saturday night stay in the Vegas area, and we chose Sam's Town (about $150). They have a short (8 min.) but interesting light show in the atrium on the even numbered evening hours (until 10:00 PM), which are pretty good.

If you sign up for a Sam's Club Gambling Card (or if you have one) you get $3 off dinner at the buffet (Thus a total of only $11.99). First-timers also get $5 in free gambling money. The food at the buffet wasn't especially good (toughest prime rib I've ever eaten), but it's Ok for the price -- nice dessert bar.
The swimming pool is fairly small for a property this large, and it starts getting shaded in the mid afternoon; not good for those looking for a little sun.

Parking and check-in were both fairly easy. Staff was OK as well.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank SJTCHT
Chris J, Guest Relations Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Thank you for visiting us! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2019

My husband and I love to visit the local Vegas hotel/casinos, now that we've done so many on the strip. After visiting the casino at Sam's Town, we thought we'd book a room for our next trip. It's only a 15/20 minute drive to the strip if you need to meet friends who don't want to stay off strip. The old saloon style outside is inviting but the inside is what I love. The hotel lobby is inside the atrium area where the small waterfall with animatronics and the light show are. The architecture of the rooms showing while checking in is so unusual. The buffet is located right near the waterfall and walkway with trees and lights. At Christmas this was lovely to see while we ate. The rooms were clean and tv larger than at Treasure Island. Price was so good for card holders. The 24 hr Mcdonalds is awesome!! Love the casino layout.

Date of stay: June 2019