“Sam's Town Is GREAT”

Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Ranked #64 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Get a players card, and play your heart out. It pays off!

3  Thank embroidery1
There are newer reviews for Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall

Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I chose to stay at Sams Town because it was offered in the package we requested from Travelocity for our 39th anniversary trip. When we arrived we were very excited with the obvious amenities of the food services that were going to be convient and the casino location. We stayed 3 nights and 4 days. Even though we arrived early we were welcomed to an early check in which made our first day more enjoyable. When our first evening ended and we retreated to our room, we were apprehensive over the stiffness of the bed. We have firm mattresses at home so we knew they were extremely hard. We decided to try the other bed on the 2nd night and with no change had a rough nights sleep. The Pillows were extra hard also. They were tube shaped and not fluffy. We discussed it on our last morning at breakfast after seeing all the strip and even flying over to the Grand Canyon Skywalk, that our trip was perfect with the exception of our sleeping arrangements. We won't come again to Sam's Town and will definately not recommend it to any family or friends, all because of the beds.

1  Thank two4golf
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Well, it was a lot farther from the strip then I originally thought. BUT... very nice hotel! The standard rooms were a lot nicer than I thought. Nice and roomy, flat screen tv, comfy chairs, okay view..clean and comfy all together. My friends stayed @ Sahara, and when we went to go visit them, I was SO GLAD we stayed @ Sams! lol. Sahara is old and elevators were making noises.... paper thin walls, view of the roof with chipped glass everywhere, roaches.... u get the picture. Coming back to our casino/hotel was like, luxurious compared to theirs! But again, it is off-strip in a residential neighborhood so if location is important to you, i suggest you pay a little bit more and stay on the strip. This is kind of a comfy and quiet place. Nice place to stay if you don't care about being on the strip. It's not a hip place with nice clubs or anything. More of a family oriented kind of place. Lots of older couples & families. They also have a little food court, mcdonalds etc. kind of has that knott's berry farm feel to it, decor wise. real comfy, cute & charming! I really enojoyed our stay ,especially for the price!

6  Thank Wanting-2-get-Out
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I previously wrote a review based on a stay in September 2008 a while back. At that time I had become somewhat disappointed with Sam's in General. I have stayed here many times since 1999 and up until the last few years had always considered it a great value. But with all the construction the value had diminished a lot.

On this visit I was pleasently surprised. First, I reserved my room through Hotels.com at a rate that was well below what I could have gotten booking direct. So that helped. The room was clean and for once the bed was very comfortable instead of the rock of a mattress that I normally got. Since I was staying three nights this is a huge plus. The staff at check-in was wonderfully friendly too.

Most of the construction seems to be completed. They now have a section of the casino which is non-smoking and is a good addition although I never felt Sam's was that smokey. The sports book is awesome and the rest of the gambling seemed fair. They have also seemed to increase the number of drink runners from last year which is always a good thing.

However, the restaurant selection has taked a downward turn. Gone is the 24 hour Harvest Cafe and one of my favorite Italian restaurants, Felini's. Fortunately there is a Felini's still at the Stratosphere so we went there for dinner on Friday. New is a TGI Friday's. Now mind you, I like Friday's. But when I go to Vegas I don't want to eat in a corporate chain. Friday's also has a breakfast menu that, from what I was told, is horrible. Willy & Jose's is still there (very good Mexican food) as is Billy Bob's (steaks). The buffet is average but a little pricy on the weekends. The one great addition is the new snack bar at the sports book. Cheap, yet very good deli style meals, including a breakfast sandwich on a kaiser roll to die for.

Overall as long as I can get decent rates, somewhere between $55 - $65 on weekends, I will continue to stay at Sam's. I would still consider it to be a good value, especially in these economic times. Much higer and I start to consider other locations on Boulder.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank ArchieMYL
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at Sams Town on the 11th -14th of October and very much enjoyed our visit. The rooms were clean and spacious with everything you could need. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from the strip but has lots of amenities, a very large casino and a WalMart supermarket just accross the road. When my daughter and son-in-law came to visit us from their hotel on the strip they caught the free shuttle which was great, on time and meant we didn't have to run them back and fore. We loved the garden area in the middle of the hotel and the fountain show was great fun. Would love to stay at Sams Town again and would recommend.

3  Thank juaradawn
Reviewed October 20, 2009

This is a very nice hotel at a very good price... Rooms are big and clean and service is good. Negatives are that it is not on the strip and the neighborhood did not seem nice.

2  Thank valleyguy38548
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Bowl there after midnight on weekdays. You can bowl for a $1 a game (shoe rental is also $1). The ladies at the counter were very nice. The alley is well maintained. Didnt have to wait for a lane.

1  Thank collegefootballfan