2 people are viewing this hotel
FindHotel$58
travelup.com$81
CheapTickets$58
2,180 results
All reviews bowling alley laser show movie theater off the strip boulder highway firelight buffet panda express tgi fridays free shuttle bingo hall water show rv park video poker food court slot machines shuttle service resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

We have stayed at the neighboring KOA Kampground twice and enjoyed dining at Sam's Town. Once we dined at the Buffet. It was great...so filling. Second time we had Mexican Food in the Food Court. It was fresh and a good take out meal for us. The Casino has many Penny Slot Machines. There is a laser light show with waterfalls. There is also a nice, air conditioned Movie Theater. Dreyer's Ice Cream stand is like a breath of fresh air in the hot weather. Simple, low key place.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

In my youth (I'm 60 now), this was one of the Boyd Gaming (BG) props that enticed Hawaiians to venture beyond The California, Fremont, and Main Street Station downtown. I recall staying at Sam's before the attraction was built in the pleasant non-smoke-filled atrium. One of the highlights was dining at Diamond Lil's, old Vegas at its best. Nice to see ole Billy Bob's is history and the jury's still out on the 'Angry Butcher' as its replacement. Willy & Jose's is still stellar albeit a Roberto's at the food court gives budget guests options. Absolutely dislike Dunkin Donuts coffee, miles apart from Lappert's at The Cal offering Kauai coffee beans. Sam's could use a premium coffee outlet to up its game. Stayed in the older rooms with popcorn ceilings but the room was very clean, without that stale odor of old bedding, linens and carpet. Hallways were chillin' w/ new carpeting that again, removes that old, dated smell. Bathrooms clean and well maintained along with good AC w/ central controls. Sam's could raise their standards for casino bathroom cleanliness as normally, they are not very well-maintained, in fact, just plain unsanitary! Of all the BG props I stay/play at, Sam's Town offers best video poker (vp) game options with non-strip 9/6 odds (unlike the Golden Nugget at 7/4 dbl dbl $.25 vp). What was one of the worst buffets in Vegas was quite the surprise during our stay. While it doesn't quite reach the standards of Strip props or locals casinos like Sunset/Green Valley Ranch Station, I was pleasantly surprised at the improvement in food quality for the price points ($9.99 for dinner on Sun before Labor Day). My wife and daughter were pleased and that's a good thing. They enjoyed a movie and "cosmic" bowling for our short stay while I played as much vp as I could. Again, far more entertaining for this serious vp player who knows he won't beat the house, but appreciates Sam's vp entertainment value vs. BG props downtown. Warm greeting upon check in and suggest using other BG props' check-out system using the room TV unit, especially for a comp room. Only downside (as I refer back to my comment on area demographics) was having our license plates stolen in garage 2, level 3, which put a damper on our Labor Day departure waiting for Sam's Town Security and LVMPD to respond. One of Sam's Town challenges is to sort out/protect its customers from vagrants in/around the Boulder Strip who frequent the area/casino and can harass or intimidate customers. That includes Sam's Town doing a better job at garage monitoring, a prime destination for local criminals desiring to do their crimes where they face the least resistance. While we still have our car, the time, effort and cost involved in replacing our stolen license plates is a factor I/we will consider in returning as BG customers here since 1993. I have another comp night to use before September 2016 ends so maybe I'll leave the wife and daughter home and take a cab to and from to guarantee I'll have both cars' plates when I get home to Henderson (of course!). A hui ho, Sam's Town...MauiBoy

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 808son
Sarah S, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent visit to Sam's Town! It's nice to hear from a long-time guest and to see the care you took to comment on your visit. I'm sorry, however, to read about the trouble with your plates. We do have constant patrols in all of our garages and around the perimeter of the building, but I'm sure you can understand that we can't be all places at all times. As you mention this is a constant focus not just for us but for all public buildings. Our security team works closely with local law enforcement to keep our guests safe and secure. I am sorry that this experience marred your stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon. Thank you for your visit and your comments.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

They have a couple new restaurants. Angry Butcher and Roberto's Taco Shop. I did go to Roberto's and the food was good. It is in the food court. I didn't spend much time at the hotel this time as I went to visit relatives. But I did get in a couple sessions of bingo each day. If they didn't have the bingo hall I would not stay there.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank bonnarino
Reviewed September 5, 2016

We have stayed many places in Las Vegas but Sam's Town may be the only place from now on. The staff is friendly, the room is spacious, the beds comfortable, and it has just about everything we want. The entire hotel and casino are clean and nicely decorated in western theme. The bathroom is large and our "handicap accessible" bathroom had an elevated toilet and walk in shower which was great for someone with knee and hip problems. The shower also had a fold down bench for safety. The slot machines were good to us and the drink service staff seemed to magically appear when my glass was empty. Sam's features a variety of places to eat and some have very reasonable prices ~ how about $3.99 breakfast at TGI Friday's (2 eggs, sausage or bacon, hashbrowns, and toast) or a breakfast buffet for $5.99. Sam's has a "central park" in the center of the hotels which features a waterfall, trees, park benches, and a "laser light show" 4 times a day. We had a very enjoyable time and are already booked again for December

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank kasey305
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Rustic and friendly feeling. Rooms are always clean. Beds are comfy and cozy. Restaurants are all very good and affordable. Big variety to choose from. Casino is fun and many slots to choose from. Great free entertainment.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine V