Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
  • Fitness center
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,888 results
All reviewsbowling alleylaser showmovie theatermystic fallslight showoff the stripboulder highwayindoor parkfirelight buffetb connected cardpanda expressfree shuttlewater showvideo pokerprime ribminute driveslot machines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at Sams Town because our favorite hotels were all taken up with EDC. We chose it because we had visited a couple years back and went to the laser light show. The "park" is awesome and so much better at night than it was when we had visited in the past. There is a rustic restaurant or bar that faces it which is very cool and reminiscent of a stereotypical cowboy bar. I liked it. The room was just normal. I think if we had had a view we would have liked it much better. So I would suggest booking the room with the view of the "Park". I know for next time i guess. It is far from the strip but its close to stuff you would use in your regular life. Gas stations, grocery stores, CVS is right across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Vanghus
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have stayed here several times, but it had been a few years since my last visit. Upon check in I went up to my room to find fast food bags and the bed unmade in my room. I went back down the long hallway to the elevators, got back in line to address this situation with the hotel staff. She proceeded to get on the phone with the cleaning staff while she was giving me a new room, never getting off of it, gave me a new room key. I asked if I might be able to get a room facing the inward atrium, as I was traveling with my family, but that would be an extra $15. Still not off the phone, wasn't able to even get a sorry for making you come back after being given a dirty room. We ate at the Mexican restaurant, very bland food and high priced for what you get. The food court is down to 2 options, so more Sbarro's Pizza. We did enjoy the convenience of a movie and bowling that evening and they had great table game staff. Woke up the next morning with a stiff back from the beds. Both rooms that I was given need a good updating.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room, if there is one?
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Travright2014
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to Sam's Town. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed playing at the tables and seeing a movie and bowling while at Sam's Town. I am sorry that you found some of the service provided by our team members to be less than exceptional and am certain that when you brought the matter to the attention of the Hotel Manager that she was able to quickly and completely remedy the problem to your satisfaction. I sincerely hope that you will decide to visit us again and offer us the opportunity to better meet your expectations.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

First time staying here but have stayed at other B Connected properties. Rooms are very nice - not as nice as Orleans, better than Coast. On check-in I asked for a "quiet" room, was given room 861 - faces away from atrium. I think you CAN request an atrium room but they cost more. Elevators come quickly, and are in area only accessible by room key - nice. Same with the pool/hot tub. Pool is small, but area was never overcrowded. They had to shut it one day for repairs, but could use pool at their RV park, which was within walking distance. Low limits at tables, friendly dealers, waitresses come around often to take drink order. Have heard it will be easy to get good offers - I got two nights comped and very good rate for other 5 based on play the year before at other properties. It IS about a half hour to the strip by public transportation, which stops right near the place - no shuttle. The bus to downtown stops right outside! Three-day pass for all buses is $20. Cab to airport is about $30 with tip.

Room Tip: Atrium is a nice place to enjoy morning paper and coffee (buy at Dunkin Donuts on property). Quiet rooms face away from atrium, due to laser show at night. If taking a cab TO the airport, give yourself a half-hour more than usual - there are no cabs waiting like at strip/downtown properties.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank jerseyinsd
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had never left the Strip or Freemont Street before and was glad we did! A free shuttle from Harrah's took us to a quaint, quite, comfortable and fun casino with some interesting amenities like a first run movie theater and bowling alley. Even the buffet was good, and for the price better than many on the Strip. Yes, it's somewhat dated but that too was part of the appeal. A wonderful surprise.

1  Thank rorer417
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just wanted to update tripadvisor as a lot of reviewers have recommended asking for rooms which face the atrium for the light show etc... I have just spoken to Sams town and this is not possible. I rang them to ask what type of room I have got (I booked flight and hotel through a travel agent) and was given no details, apart from 'it will definitely not be facing the atrium' (it's not like my holiday was cheap!). I was informed that there are no options available to me regarding room type, style or where it is located. I hoped that if I had a room which wasn't facing the atrium I could upgrade to a better room? (obviously expecting to pay more but this is not allowed). Not sure if it's because they are fully booked but the lady was extremely dismissive (a bit rude if I'm honest) and wouldn't say why. This has made us feel a bit downcast as this holiday was supposed to be a 'once in a lifetime holiday' where we were planning to renew our vows etc.. Hope things get better (and friendlier!) when we're there!!

Room Tip: You can't choose a room! (Not if you're from the UK anyway?)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leeds70210
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience. I apologize that the person you spoke with was not more helpful, and I encourage you to call us at the property (702-456-7777) and ask to speak with Linda, our Hotel Manager so that she can personally assist with your requests.

As with most hotels, rooms are assigned to guests as they arrive, and the opportunity to upgrade to an atrium-facing room is always offered to guests who did not reserve that type of room based on availability at the time of check-in. I'm sorry that the team member you encountered on the phone didn't take the time to explain this process to you and I assure you that our Hotel Manager has already followed up with her team to make sure they are all aware of how this situation could have been better handled.

We are truly looking forward to your visit and hope that you enjoy your stay.