“Great hotel for $30 a night (incl. breakfast)”

Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Ranked #61 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We got a nice deal here.
Two nights for just over $60 and that included breakfast.

It's not on the strip but on Boulder Hwy.
Sam's Town is not a huge place like MGM or the other giants.

Only drawback was that it's not smokefree.

1  Thank smaragd55

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We spent 5 days at Sams and are planning to go back soon. We took the free shuttle bus to the strip and downtown area and were glad to get back to Sams. The atmosphere was more to our taste. We played slots and bingo. The food was great. The staff here is exceptional. They are very friendly and helpful. The comps are great.

1  Thank Meannejean
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've been staying at Sam's 20+ years I wouldn't stay any where else!! Boyd gaming has the best customer service in all of Las Vegas. If you're looking for a nice comfortable place to stay look no further than Sam's Town!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Budda5150
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We go to Vegas a few times a year and have stayed many places on the strip and downtown. This time we though we would switch it up and stay on the "Boulder Strip" at Sam's Town for two nights. After parking in ramp, we walked in one of the side casino doors and walked all over the place with lots of luggage trying to find the hotel check-in. Finally found it. They NEED more directional signs to guide you to this area. Got a room on the 8th floor on the atrium side. A very average room that was dated but clean. We somewhat expected this and were not disappointed for the price. However, the HVAC in the room did not work. After a call to housekeeping and a 30 minute wait, a very nice maintenance man came and got our system working to circulate the stagnant air. Went down to the casino floor to find it VERY, VERY smoky. Another thing that we kind of expected after reading these reviews. Still didn't think it would be this bad, wow. Even room seemed to smell smoky when HVAC fan was on at night. Slots gaming is tight and light so don't expect to hit it big. Very few bells or cheers of joy signaling bigger wins. Pretty good buffet for the price. Went to the men's restroom at the second floor casino to experience a well dressed black man in a suit follow me out and ask me for money. I refused and tried to find security with no luck. The next day I was approached for money again by a younger woman with short blonde hair and short skirt near the restrooms by the buffet. Didn't even waste the time looking for security this time. On a high note, the Mystic Falls laser show was great. We might go back someday but will have to save up more money to lose, fast.

Room Tip: Book room on "park" or "atrium" side. Higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R T
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit. I have shared your comments regarding directional signage with the Hotel Manager so that she can take steps to improve things in that area. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Mystic Falls Park and hope that you will decide to visit us again soon, perhaps during the holiday season when the park is decorated for the season.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Sams Town since 1996. We always brought our boys with us because it's a great hotel for families with the light show and bowling alley. Christmas time is especially beautiful at Sams Town! They decorate the whole atrium with fake snow, cute fake critters and beautiful Christmas lights! But now that my boys are grown my husband and I still love to go there! The people that are in Sams Town are mostly the locals. The Mexican food restaurant is good but we love Billy Bob's the best! The rooms are comfortable but not very sound proof. We upgrade to a mini suite every time we go and they have jacuzzi's in the room and I can hear the sound of the jacuzzi's running water above us when they fill up the tub. I also hear the shower from above us. The light show is beautiful and loud so if you're an early to bed kinda person and a light sleeper be aware that the last show is 10 pm so wear ear plugs or you might just get woken up by the sounds of howling wolfs and music.

Cons: Sams Town is located way off the strip but they do offer a shuttle service which I have never used but I have heard it isn't very reliable. Also, when my husband and I first started going to Sams Town it was located in a nice area but over the years it's gotten run down and is now not safe to walk around at night outside.

Room Tip: Remember if you choose a room that over looks the atrium beware that their last light show is at 10p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana G
Reviewed October 7, 2013

There is a resort fee of $11.19 per night. When we checked in they told us nothing about this charge.
Room was very nice and the park was very nice just to sit in. Would have been 5 stars if we knew about the resort fee.

Room Tip: pay the extra and get a park view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ken L

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit. I'm glad to read that you found your room satisfactory and that you enjoyed spending time in Mystic Falls Park. I am very sorry, however, that the notice of the room rates and associated fees and taxes was not more clear when you made your reservations. I have shared your comments with the Director of that department so that they can consider ways to make that part of the agreement more noticeable. Thank you again for taking the time to comment. I hope that you decide to visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Sam's Town before driving to the Grand Canyon. We had a blast. The food is very good in the Mexican restaurant and the atrium with the waterfall and laser show is really nice. Our room was spacious and very clean. Valet parking is free. It is about a 10 minute drive to the Strip or you can take the Sam's shuttle. We just drove down Flamingo because it was so easy. This place is a great value and we will definitely stay here again. I give it 5 stars because of the overall value (quality and price).

1  Thank WileyPost