“Good value in Vegas”

Ranked #69 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Titusville, Florida
“Good value in Vegas”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed at Sam's Town in a jacuzzi suite, the room was very adequate, clean and nice... the overall property is nice but starting to show just a tiny bit of her age however this should not stop anyone from visiting... the rooms are great and the service is good.... you can't beat the value for what you are getting.

check out my video walkthrough of the jacuzzi suite at:

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Brysum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Affordable rooms, pretty big casino, pool is clean, the center area has a cool water fall and show for the kids. The buffet was worth the money, in all worth the start if you don't Mind staying off the strip. It is only like a 10 min drive to the strip. It feels Alot safer off the strip with my kids.

• Stayed April 2011
southern california
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We were in Las Vegas for a horse show - not the usual reason for going, it's true. We stayed here because it was the closest hotel to the showgrounds. It turned out to be surprisingly good. It's not the strip - not glitzy, no real Vegas vibe. It's more families and older folks here. The room was clean and quiet - our bath was missing a shower curtain, and when we told the front desk it was taken care of immediately. Some others in our group found their rooms to be a little outdated - ours was not too bad. In the middle of the first night we heard a distant alarm going off for what seemed like forever. The next day, we learned it was on a lower floor, where many of our group were staying. No explanation for the hotel why this siren blared for more than 10 minutes. But overall, if I were going back for another horse show, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank drshearerss
STLVMarketing, Marketing Director at Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Sam's Town. We always enjoy when our friends with the horse shows are in town! While I'm happy to hear that your room was comfortable, I wanted to apologize to your companions about the alarm they heard in the hotel. I don't know exactly what the source was, but we do try to react as quickly as possible to all of the alarms that are in place. I will share you comments with our facilities Director so that he is aware that there was a less than typical response time to locating and solving the problem in this instance.

Thank you again for your visit and for your remarks. I sincerely appreciate that you chose Sams Town for your recent visit and hope that we see you again very soon.
holon
Reviewed November 12, 2011

the room is clean but old ,breakfast is very simple,very good valet service

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tzvid
Mesa
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I've stayed at Sam's Town many times and really like the atmosphere. Its fun to watch the water/light show that happens three times every night. Rooms are clean and quiet. I've previously used their RV park as well. Its just a short walk to the casino and is very clean. I would stay here again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, England
Reviewed November 7, 2011

When my wife and I were planning what could be our last trip to the USA for a long time, there was no doubt in our mind that it would start at Sammy's and end there, with lots of sightseeing inbetween.

Why drive 8 or 9 miles from McCarran after all that flying when we could drive 2 miles up the Strip? Because at Sammy's you can kick your shoes off and feel at home from minute one - it's as simple as that.

We always promise ourselves we'll go bowling, go to the movie theatre, eat at Willy & José's and swim in the pool. We always know we won't - but it doesn't matter. Most of the machines we like are there. There's a relaxed atmosphere. We like the buffet. Then of course, there's the lovely Mystic Falls which makes me moist of eye literally every time I see it.

Check-in has always been easy and we have always got what we asked for. I asked for a desert view room at the start of the trip which left us overlooking the parking lot - not so great. The room we had at the end of the trip was an improvement and we could watch lunatics in the distance doing the SkyJump at the Stratosphere.

You'll probably need to avoid more walking frames and electric buggies here than at other casinos and the handwash containers by the main elevators look like they belong in a hospital, but you soon get used to that.

You might have to wait for longer to see a cocktail waitress too, but Sammy's has got better in that regard in the last 3-4 years.

We've always had enjoyable dining experiences at T.G.I. Friday's since Sammy's got rid of the Fresh Harvest Café, but it's expensive and we still wish the funky ol' café was there for that late-night treat, sweet or savoury.

I think we'll always come back here because it's great value, friendly and it's rare that you'll see us at Sammy's without a big smile on our face! It's as simple as that.

Room Tip: Try to get above floor 5 if you are reserving an 'outside' room. If you love the Mystic Fal...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisJMann
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I go to Las Vegas every year to see my dad who is now 84 years old. I used to stay at another hotel/casino down the road but unless you're a high roller, they treat you like you are a necessary evil. I really enjoyed my stay at Sam's Town. The room was nicer than I expected and the employees could not have been nicer. The variety of restaurants was excellent (especially Billy Bob's). I took my dad to the water show and he was so thrilled. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I did too, several times. I don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo